Clear All

New MediaController HS3 beta v3.0.0.8 posted

Changes to Beta v3.0.0.8
    • Relying on Pings is removed, so might now work on XBOX
    • Added some support for Sony remote

Might take a few days before it shows up in the updater

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
      I just started using this plugin to see if it can be of use. I have an xbox 360 that shows activated but offline.
      I also have a vizio tv which is supposed to be dlna compatible however is doesnt even show up in the plugin.

Any advise on what to check on these two devices?
      Have sent version .08 to be put in updater. This version got rid of pings, so try it out and let us know whether you can now use it on XBOX

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Finally got round to adding IsVideo conditions to my events and they don't seem to be working? Have you tested them?

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
          Hi Dirk,

Finally got round to adding IsVideo conditions to my events and they don't seem to be working? Have you tested them?

Cheers

J
          Can you post a trace with the debug flag on and a screenshot of the details of the event.

Comment

OK log and screenshot attached.
            The events worked fine before I added the IsVideo.
            FYI
            Ive been using your PI for a while with no issues at all, I updated my XBMC to Gotham 13.2 and all works fine.
            Cheers
            J
            Attached Files

Comment

Ive been using your PI for a while with no issues at all, I updated my XBMC to Gotham 13.2 and all works fine.
              Cheers
              J
              I'm confused, is it working now or not?

I see these errors in the file

Oct-23 20:21:54 MC Warning REENTRY in ProcessAVXML for UPnPDevice = Philips TV !!!!

This doesn't look good. Do you by any chance have your whole log from when HS started? Does it work after you restart HS or do you see these warnings? If you see the warnings, where there other errors between start-up and the warnings showing up?

Dirk

Comment

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Hi dirk

No its not working, I updated to Gotham a while ago. All ok until now, adding the isvideo.
                I must admit I've never seen those warnings before. I thought they had appeared because I turned debug on?

I will try restarting and have a play when I get in tonight, see what happens and send some logs thru startup etc.

Much appreciated.
                J

Comment

I see 3.0.0.8 i the updater, but it's not listed as an update in my plugins list...
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    I see 3.0.0.8 i the updater, but it's not listed as an update in my plugins list...
                    I think --- I made the crucial mistake to have v08 out as a downloadable and forgot to step up to v09 when I added it to the updater for the first time.

If that's not the reason then i don't know myself

Let's see what happens when I release the next version, which I'm proud to announce will support Linux (but you need to step up HS3 as well as it uncovered an issue in HS3). More to come.

Dirk

Comment

Hi dirk,

I rebooted and after some messing about.. I think the isvideo was lagging behind player state so the event wouldn't trigger. Probably didn't help that I wasn't using the media controller conditions but the hs device condition instead.
                      Once I added -
                      Is playing for 1 secs exactly (instead of changes to playing)
                      And Isvideo
                      They all started to work.
                      The gotcha was... when a video first starts to play the isvideo is set AFTER the HSplayer state changes to play.

I found this when messing with your hs2 dlna pi, just forgot

Cheers

J

Comment

I think the isvideo was lagging behind player state so the event wouldn't trigger. Probably didn't help that I wasn't using the media controller conditions but the hs device condition instead.
                        Once I added -
                        Is playing for 1 secs exactly (instead of changes to playing)
                        And Isvideo
                        They all started to work.
                        The gotcha was... when a video first starts to play the isvideo is set AFTER the HSplayer state changes to play.
                        Interesting, I need to look at my code again. I thought I was updating HS after the whole event was processed (but I think that was just informing HSTouch that something had changed) but typically, DLNA players tend to generate multiple independent events on WHAT they are going to play BEFORE they generate the PLAY event. Having that said, in HS3 everything goes through specific devices for playstate, track, album etc and I assume that as soon as I update the playstate, boom , the event triggers and if the playstate is the first piece of XML tag/info in the event, you would have this kind of behavior, not sure what to do about that, rather than what you did .... wait a little.

The reentry warnings are still of a concern though.

Dirk

Comment

Yeah ill change the hs player state conditions to the media controller ones and see if it behaves better.
                          Then I'll check those reentry errors. I've updated the TV firmware recently?

Cheers
                          J

Comment

I really love this plugin! I'm quite amazed at what it can do:

Two quick questions, though:
                            1. Is it possible to use this to power ON my Samsung TV?

2. Why does the link that opens when I click a Config button on the /MediaController page use the local IP-adress? It really should not.
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                              Let's see what happens when I release the next version, which I'm proud to announce will support Linux (but you need to step up HS3 as well as it uncovered an issue in HS3). More to come.
                              Ok, please give a hint when that happens.

Comment

1. Is it possible to use this to power ON my Samsung TV?
                                Probably not. Unless it got changed in the more recent year, Samsung powers down its Ethernet interface but keeps bluetooth and IR alive, so only way to turn a Samsung on is via those interfaces.

2. Why does the link that opens when I click a Config button on the /MediaController page use the local IP-adress? It really should not.
                                What's wrong with that? It is the IP that HS believes its working with.

Comment

Working...
                                X