MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    Interesting. On mobile here (in your neck of the woods :-)), did your log show which tag is offending? If it doesn't show, can you capture it with debug flag on. Assume you are on latest version, right?
    Dirk
    I'll try to catch a debug log when I get home.

(You're somewhat "close"? Vacation? Where?
    I was wondering why you were up so early... )
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      I'll try to catch a debug log when I get home.

(You're somewhat "close"? Vacation? Where?
      I was wondering why you were up so early... )
      Business in neighboring country ....

Checked it again, the offending tag is transportplayspeed. Will have a look at it when back home. You are on latest version, right? Fixed a bunch of these when I began testing under Linux, may have not posted those or broke something for Windows

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        I get this error from time to time:

Weird, as 'Nothing' usually translates to '0' when converted to Double.
        Moskus, which version of the PI are you using. I'm looking at my code here and I see that I added a check .... Latest version is .17

Dirk

Comment

Before I commit to getting this plugin, I would like an option in the settings to entirely disable the active searching for new devices. I want to minimize unnecessary scanning when not needed. During testing I click the scan buttons, and added a few things. Later, I turned on my TV, and then upon subsequently looking in the plugin table, the TV was there. I would rather turn off all that after the devices that I want to be there have been scanned.

Comment

I need to be able to specify the IP Address to use or please set it to use 0.0.0.0 for the listener or when it scans, please scan using all connected IP subnets. Right now it is automatically picking the wrong network to scan with a multi-NIC system.

Comment

Originally posted by officialh1 View Post
              I need to be able to specify the IP Address to use or please set it to use 0.0.0.0 for the listener or when it scans, please scan using all connected IP subnets. Right now it is automatically picking the wrong network to scan with a multi-NIC system.
              Are we talking Linux install or Windows? In Linux it picks 0.0.0.0, in Windows it picks the IP-Address that you attached HS to, or are you running it remote?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Been using this for some time now, its awesome!!

Apologies if I already posted this problem, when attempting to set a DMR to play, when it is paused, from an event causes the video to stop. I have tried both - set to play, and set to pause. Both cause it to stop.
                It does the same when I am trying to set a Kodi instance to play also when paused.

I can post some logs if you want.

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                  Hi Dirk,

Been using this for some time now, its awesome!!

Apologies if I already posted this problem, when attempting to set a DMR to play, when it is paused, from an event causes the video to stop. I have tried both - set to play, and set to pause. Both cause it to stop.
                  It does the same when I am trying to set a Kodi instance to play also when paused.

I can post some logs if you want.

Cheers

J
                  Could be how the DLNA interface is implemented on the DMR and therefore a bug or implementation issue on the DMR. Have you tried using for example Windows Media Player? Does it do the same?

Dirk

Comment

It does the same with kodi/xbmc, I'll try media player tonight and let you know.

Cheers

J

Comment

Any estimate for the store release?

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                        Any estimate for the store release?
                        ? What store release? The PI is in the updater.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

I've never used WMP with this and can't get the player to add properly.

Apr-17 13:10:10 HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          Apr-17 13:10:10 MC Error Error in ProcessServiceDocument for device = SKINNEZ-VT-PC3 loading the ServiceXML with URL = http://192.168.1.16:2869/upnphost/ud...f-effc48ca3721 and error = The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
                          Apr-17 13:10:09 Info Plugin MediaController with instance 6858b95c-2845-4bdc-a4f2-fa83e701296e has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58866

I've switched on media streaming and allow remote control of the player in WMP, this is on a remote machine and not on the HS machine.
                          All I get is the Player Root Device and that's it.

Any ideas, I may have disabled some services on the HS3 VM, any needed?

Cheers

J

Comment

Hi Dirk,

I've never used WMP with this and can't get the player to add properly.

Apr-17 13:10:10 HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                            Apr-17 13:10:10 MC Error Error in ProcessServiceDocument for device = SKINNEZ-VT-PC3 loading the ServiceXML with URL = http://192.168.1.16:2869/upnphost/ud...f-effc48ca3721 and error = The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
                            Apr-17 13:10:09 Info Plugin MediaController with instance 6858b95c-2845-4bdc-a4f2-fa83e701296e has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58866

I've switched on media streaming and allow remote control of the player in WMP, this is on a remote machine and not on the HS machine.
                            All I get is the Player Root Device and that's it.

Any ideas, I may have disabled some services on the HS3 VM, any needed?

Cheers

J
                            Explain again how this is configured? Is everything running in a different VM, different PCs? The WMP is running, correct?

If you cut & paste this URL http://192.168.1.16:2869/upnphost/ud...f-effc48ca3721 in a browser that runs in the same VM or same PC as where the PI is running, what do you get?

If you go to the config page, at the bottom, there is a button "view UPNP devices". Click that and start capturing screenshots and post them.

Click on the device friendly name for the WMP, this is a link. What do you get? Get screen shot. Very interested in what the location URL is and whether it is accessible; same goes for the service URLs.

The error shows that the PI cannot access the UPNP info for the WMP player. So this is either a mistake in my PI, an issue with a firewall or an issue with your VMs. There shouldn't be any special services running that I can think off, just need proper accessibility.

Dirk

Comment

Explain again how this is configured? Is everything running in a different VM, different PCs? The WMP is running, correct?
                              The WMP is on a different VM to HS3 yes. Yes, it is running.
                              If you cut & paste this URL http://192.168.1.16:2869/upnphost/ud...f-effc48ca3721 in a browser that runs in the same VM or same PC as where the PI is running, what do you get?
                              HTTP 500 error screen
                              If you go to the config page, at the bottom, there is a button "view UPNP devices". Click that and start capturing screenshots and post them.
                              Snap 1 on attach
                              Click on the device friendly name for the WMP, this is a link. What do you get? Get screen shot. Very interested in what the location URL is and whether it is accessible; same goes for the service URLs.
                              Snap 2, 3, 4
                              The error shows that the PI cannot access the UPNP info for the WMP player. So this is either a mistake in my PI, an issue with a firewall or an issue with your VMs. There shouldn't be any special services running that I can think off, just need proper accessibility.
                              Firewalls are off on both VM's
                              Hope this helps.

Cheers
                              J
                              Attached Files

Comment

The WMP is on a different VM to HS3 yes. Yes, it is running.

HTTP 500 error screen

Snap 1 on attach

Snap 2, 3, 4

Firewalls are off on both VM's
                                Hope this helps.

Cheers
                                J
                                While I look at the attachments .... are the VMs in the same IP subnet? Does the WMP and HS3 have the same IP address or different? If different are you sure you can route/switch between the two? The fact that you cannot open the URL either means that the PI composed of a wrong URL (and I hope the ZIP file can help me with that) or your VMs don't allow inter VM routing.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X