• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattdb View Post
    Zipped log link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqs58fd3lm...erLog.zip?dl=0

I couldn't attach it here.

Thanks for the fast response
    What device or application do you use for your DLNA Server? Is the content changing frequently?

A (very) quick look at the log shows that when the event is executed, the object is not found on the server. To do a quick search I use the unique objectIDs (each stored object has one) to navigate fast to the object but some DLNA servers tend to change their objectIDs when their content changes and that gives us problems. Rebuilding periodically the whole DB is a big no-no in any case. I had at one point in time the intend to do a dual approach in that when failing to retrieve the content by ObjectID, I would reattempt using the stored tree search by name/author etc.

I'll look at the code again, see what I ended up implementing and where I decided to take the weekend off

Dirk

Comment

It is a picture that is updated every five minutes. It is basically a radar image that I can execute and show my TV when I speak of command.

I couldn't get it to show up using the speak script

Comment

It is a picture that is updated every five minutes. It is basically a radar image that I can execute and show my TV when I speak of command.

I couldn't get it to show up using the speak script
        So you overwrite it somewhere? I assume always the same file name? What app/device is your DLNA server? Good servers note that a file has changed or added and they may re-index their db. When the re-indexing happens, some DLNA servers change ALL unique identifiers (ObjectID) causing this issue. Better servers keep ObjectIDs when they re-index.

On the good news side, I've been working w/ Rich from HomeSeer to get the functions added back to HS3 that were done in HS2 to support DLNA. He included it in the latest HS3 version (as of v 176) but the changes were incomplete so I hope he'll have some time today to add it all in and then you can use a simple "speak" event to play the file, and HS3 will emulate a DLNA server. It is a long weekend though, so it might be next week rather than today

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          So you overwrite it somewhere? I assume always the same file name? What app/device is your DLNA server? Good servers note that a file has changed or added and they may re-index their db. When the re-indexing happens, some DLNA servers change ALL unique identifiers (ObjectID) causing this issue. Better servers keep ObjectIDs when they re-index.

On the good news side, I've been working w/ Rich from HomeSeer to get the functions added back to HS3 that were done in HS2 to support DLNA. He included it in the latest HS3 version (as of v 176) but the changes were incomplete so I hope he'll have some time today to add it all in and then you can use a simple "speak" event to play the file, and HS3 will emulate a DLNA server. It is a long weekend though, so it might be next week rather than today

Dirk
          It is a synology disc station. Model 1812. The filename is exactly the same every time. I am running 174.

Comment

It is a synology disc station. Model 1812. The filename is exactly the same every time. I am running 174.
            Suspect that the synology "knows" you just wrote to it and informs the DLNA APP that somethings has changed and they may assign new ObjecIDs, I'm a bit speculating.

Either way, if we fix HS3, you woudn't have to write it to the synology box but I trust you have a script that can write it to the HS PC.

I might call on you to try a new version, where I'll introduce a "dual search" mechanism which will try direct retrieval and if that fails, uses a tree navigation (which will be slower; depending on speed of server could be a few seconds). Challenge I have is that I have no mechanism to update the event with new ObjectID I might learn; so once the ObjecID has changed the execution of the event will be slower.

Dirk

Comment

Be happy to help. I am just using a small freeware program to download a URL image of a radar. I can save that image anywhere I was just using the disc station because it was DLNA.

Comment

Be happy to help. I am just using a small freeware program to download a URL image of a radar. I can save that image anywhere I was just using the disc station because it was DLNA.
                Matt, download the zip file that is attached here. Save your hspi_mediacontroller.exe file in the HS root directory and extract the zip file and copy .exe to HS root directory.

I haven't heard from the HS team yet on the direct showing of pictures (so that is a HS3 fix), what the attached v18 tries to do is to navigate through the server tree structure to locate and play the event you created in case the objectiD was changed. If you have the debug flag on, you will see a warning that your ObjectID is not good anymore, re-doing the event should fix that unless you have changes on the server ALL the time. Drawback of navigating the tree instead of doing direct access to a single object is that it will react slower. If you have thousands of items in your server DB ... it will be slow.

Let me know how it goes. If all goes well, this will become the new version and I will remove it again from here.

Dirk
                Last edited by dcorsus; May 27, 2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Matt, download the zip file that is attached here. Save your hspi_mediacontroller.exe file in the HS root directory and extract the zip file and copy .exe to HS root directory.

I haven't heard from the HS team yet on the direct showing of pictures (so that is a HS3 fix), what the attached v18 tries to do is to navigate through the server tree structure to locate and play the event you created in case the objectiD was changed. If you have the debug flag on, you will see a warning that your ObjectID is not good anymore, re-doing the event should fix that unless you have changes on the server ALL the time. Drawback of navigating the tree instead of doing direct access to a single object is that it will react slower. If you have thousands of items in your server DB ... it will be slow.

Let me know how it goes. If all goes well, this will become the new version and I will remove it again from here.

Dirk
                  I got it installed but I have not had a chance to test it just yet also go to update 177 from home seer and install that

Comment

Tried it last night and it appears to be working.

Comment

Tried it last night and it appears to be working.
                      If you turned the debug flag on, did you see a warning in the log?
                      In the mean time, I'm removing the attachment. An official version will be released this week.
                      Dirk

Comment

I had turned off the logging

Comment

New MediaController HS3 v3.0.0.19 posted

Will be in updater soon

Changes to v3.0.0.19
                          • Removed the license restriction completely
                          • Made some changes wrt to playing a media object as part of an event. If the DLNA server has reindexed and the ObjectID has changed, the PI will generate a warning (when debug flag is on) and will attempt to search navigating the Server Directory, which could be quite slow

Comment

New MediaController HS3 v3.0.0.20 will be posted

Changes to v3.0.0.20
                            • Fixed some issues with device discoveries

Comment

Removed the license restriction completely
                              Fantastic!

But still:

... so MediaController is dead now.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                                Fantastic!

But still:

... so MediaController is dead now.
                                i thought i was the only one.
                                removed and added it so many times.......

any idea when we can downloaded it?
                                or maybe can you attach the zip file?

Comment

Working...
                                X