New Install Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Install Problem

I tried the run the setup.exe to install on a new HS 3 install and I get the following error message.

HomeSeer does not appear to be installed on this system, the install cannot continue.

I'm running HS3 and the install directory is c:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    I tried the run the setup.exe to install on a new HS 3 install and I get the following error message.

HomeSeer does not appear to be installed on this system, the install cannot continue.

I'm running HS3 and the install directory is c:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3
    Hi Jeff, welcome back to the Forums.

Which Setup.exe are we talking about here? My PI doesn't have one, at least not the HS3 version. Are you trying to install the DLNA PI for HS3? In that case, just go into the updater on HS3 and go to the media part and download/install the MediaController (yes I renamed it ). This version now also works under Linux. The DLNA PI is HS2 only.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Dirk.

Comment

Thanks, it is great to be back!

That was the problem. I grabbed the HS2 version out of one of the DNLA threads.

Didn't realize the name change. I'm anxious to get everything up and running again. The DLNA, er MediaController will be my project for this weekend.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        Thanks, it is great to be back!

That was the problem. I grabbed the HS2 version out of one of the DNLA threads.

Didn't realize the name change. I'm anxious to get everything up and running again. The DLNA, er MediaController will be my project for this weekend.
        No problem, let me know how I can help

Dirk

Comment

Working...
        X