Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Does this mean that media controller plugin may be able to control newer LG webOS TV for power on/off? I'm thinking about picking up an LG UK6300PUE for testing.


    Currently, I use Samsung TVs and am able to control via serial ex link/service port, but it seems this port is missing in current year models. I don't mind using IR, but the TV I'm replacing is an old Vizio that I control with IR and the IR emitter blocks the receiver on the TV and it makes it hard to use the actual remote sometimes. Doing everything over ethernet connection would be great.


    Get information on the LG 50UK6300PUE. Find pictures, reviews, technical specifications, and features for this 50 Inch Class 4K HDR Smart LED UHD TV w/ AI ThinQ®

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by VickVinegar View Post
      Does this mean that media controller plugin may be able to control newer LG webOS TV for power on/off? I'm thinking about picking up an LG UK6300PUE for testing.


      Currently, I use Samsung TVs and am able to control via serial ex link/service port, but it seems this port is missing in current year models. I don't mind using IR, but the TV I'm replacing is an old Vizio that I control with IR and the IR emitter blocks the receiver on the TV and it makes it hard to use the actual remote sometimes. Doing everything over ethernet connection would be great.

      Unless someone has a 100% identical model, I guess the only way to know is to try it. I tried it on a few different version of WebOS enabled LG TVs and WOL seems to turn on the TV and using the power-off commands seems to turn it off. The TV will actually tell the PI what it can do but until you hook up the TV to the PI, there is no guarantee.

      Dirk

      Comment


      • #18
        Thanks, Dirk!

        I'm going to give this a go and will report back in stickied thread with my findings.

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi Dirk,

          I recently found this PI and I must say it looks very promising. I've got an LG B7 that I plan to integrate it with my HomeSeer system.
          I'm having some trouble though. I read your instructions regarding adding the remote. When you click on the "add" button, make sure you are in front of your TV because a pop-up (should) appear and you of course need to confirm it. After that, no more need to click on allow unless you "revoke pairing". But when I do this, I don't get any prompt on my TV asking for permission. WOL works, but nothing else. I can pair and control the TV using the LG TV Plus app.

          Do you have any suggestions that I could try?

          Thanks!
          Jakob

          Code:
          okt-30 19:05:21           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:21           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:20           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:20           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:20           MC     MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the RenderState
          okt-30 19:05:19           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:19           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:18           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:18           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:18           MC     MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the RenderState
          okt-30 19:05:17           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:17           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:16           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:16           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:16           MC     MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the RenderState
          okt-30 19:05:15           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:15           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:14           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:14           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:14           MC     MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the RenderState
          okt-30 19:05:13           Z-Wave     Device: Devices Livingroom TV Wattage Set to 319,6 (W)
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     GetIniSection called with section = UPnP Devices UDN to Info, FileName = MediaController.ini and # Result = 3
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     SendCallback has sent 19 bytes to server.
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     Send called and state = False
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     Send called with Data = ??invalid origin
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(4) = 105
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(3) = 240
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(2) = 3
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(1) = 16
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received maskbit = False
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(0) = 136
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     ReceiveCallback received data = ��invalid origin
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     ReceiveCallback received data = HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols Upgrade: websocket Connection: Upgrade Sec-WebSocket-Accept:
          
          iuT3Y5tjAYmzpVDpC7TYw3NcO3Q= Sec-WebSocket-Protocol: dumb-increment-protocol
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 999
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     SendCallback has sent 1699 bytes to server.
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     Send called and state = False
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     Send called with Data = ???G`? ?i#B?se?z$?i.?f B?n& ?mkB?i.?f 4?x"B?*2?E4?$e ?f.?{3B?se ?f.?{36?z4 ?feZ?$e?x?{.?*}B?&vB?*4 ?f"?2
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC Warning     Receive called and state = False
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     SendDataOverWebSocket for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 will send data = {"type":"register","id":"register_0","payload":
          
          {"forcePairing":false,"pairingType":"PROMPT","manifest":{"manifestVersion":1,"appVersion":"1.1","signed":
          
          {"created":"20140509","appId":"com.lge.test","vendorId":"com.lge","localizedAppNames":{"":"LG Remote App","ko-KR":"????????? ???","zxx-XX":"???? R????ot??
          
          A????"},"localizedVendorNames":{"":"LG Electronics"},"permissions":
          
          ["TEST_SECURE","CONTROL_INPUT_TEXT","CONTROL_MOUSE_AND_KEYBOARD","READ_INSTALLED_APPS","READ_LGE_SDX","READ_NOTIFICATIONS","SEARCH","WRITE_SETTINGS","WRITE_NOTIFICATION_ALERT","CONTROL
          
          _POWER","READ_CURRENT_CHANNEL","READ_RUNNING_APPS","READ_UPDATE_INFO","UPDATE_FROM_REMOTE_APP","READ_LGE_TV_INPUT_EVENTS","READ_TV_CURRENT_TIME"],"serial":"2f930e2d2cfe083771f68e4fe7bb
          
          07"},"permissions":
          
          ["LAUNCH","LAUNCH_WEBAPP","APP_TO_APP","CLOSE","TEST_OPEN","TEST_PROTECTED","CONTROL_AUDIO","CONTROL_DISPLAY","CONTROL_INPUT_JOYSTICK","CONTROL_INPUT_MEDIA_RECORDING","CONTROL_INPUT_ME
          
          DIA_PLAYBACK","CONTROL_INPUT_TV","CONTROL_POWER","READ_APP_STATUS","READ_CURRENT_CHANNEL","READ_INPUT_DEVICE_LIST","READ_NETWORK_STATE","READ_RUNNING_APPS","READ_TV_CHANNEL_LIST","WRIT
          
          E_NOTIFICATION_TOAST","READ_POWER_STATE","READ_COUNTRY_INFO"],"signatures":
          
          [{"signatureVersion":1,"signature":"eyJhbGdvcml0aG0iOiJSU0EtU0hBMjU2Iiwia2V5SWQiOiJ0ZXN0LXNpZ25pbmctY2VydCIsInNpZ25hdHVyZVZlcnNpb24iOjF9.hrVRgjCwXVvE2OOSpDZ58hR
          
          +59aFNwYDyjQgKk3auukd7pcegmE2CzPCa0bJ0ZsRAcKkCTJrWo5iDzNhMBWRyaMOv5zWSrthlf7G128qvIlpMT0YNY+n/FaOHE73uLrS/g7swl3/qH/BGFG2Hu4RlL48eb3lLKqTt2xKHdCs6Cd4RMfJPYnzgvI4BNrFUKsjkcu
          
          +WD4OO2A27Pq1n50cMchmcaXadJhGrOqH5YmHdOCj5NSHzJYrsW0HPlpuAx/ECMeIZYDh6RMqaFM2DXzdKX9NmmyqzJ3o/0lkk/N97gfVRLW5hA29yeAwaCViZNCP8iC9aO0q9fQojoa7NQnAtw=="}]}}}
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     SendCallback has sent 265 bytes to server.
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     Send called and state = True
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     Send called with Data = GET / HTTP/1.1 Connection: Upgrade Upgrade: websocket Sec-WebSocket-Key: ZTeaydfwEuaM5bkYY377PA== Sec-WebSocket-Version:
          
          13 Sec-WebSocket-Protocol: dumb-increment-protocol Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: deflate-frame Host: 192.168.0.176 Origin: 192.168.0.176
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC Warning     Receive called and state = False
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     CreateHSServiceDevice created device Remote with HSRef = 812
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     ExtractAllServices for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V found Service ID = urn:lge-com:serviceId:webos-second-screen-3000-3001
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     SetServiceFlags for device - [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V found unkown Service = urn:lge-com:serviceId:webos-second-screen-3000-3001 and ActionType =
          
          X_PlaceHolder
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V found actiontype = X_PlaceHolder
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V retrieved following Service document = 10X_PlaceHolderstring
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     RemoveControlCharacters for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V updated document to = 1 0 X_PlaceHolder string
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     RemoveControlCharacters for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V retrieved document with length = 367
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     DeriveIPAddress for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with inString = http://192.168.0.176:1283/ and NextChar = /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-
          
          6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml returned = http://192.168.0.176:1283
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     DeriveIPAddress called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V and inString = http://192.168.0.176:1283/ and NextChar =
          
          /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is creating ServiceURL = http://192.168.0.176:1283 and ServiceURL =
          
          /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     DeriveIPAddress for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with inString = http://192.168.0.176:1283/ and NextChar = /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-
          
          6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml returned = http://192.168.0.176:1283
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     DeriveIPAddress called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V and inString = http://192.168.0.176:1283/ and NextChar =
          
          /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V found ServiceId = urn:lge-com:serviceId:webos-second-screen-3000-3001 and ServiceURL
          
          = /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V retrieved following document = 10urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Basic:1[LG] webOS TV
          
          OLED65B7VLG Electronicshttp://www.lge.comLG Smart TVhttp://www.lge.comOLED65B7V-Zuuid:94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5baurn:lge-com:service:webos-second-screen:1urn:lge-
          
          com:serviceId:webos-second-screen-3000-3001/WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml/WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-
          
          f221f538b5ba/control.xml/WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/event.xml
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     RemoveControlCharacters for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V retrieved document with length = 1223
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     GetIniSection called with section = UPnP Devices UDN to Info, FileName = MediaController.ini and # Result = 3
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     DeviceIPPort called for UPnPDevice = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with IPPort = 1283
          okt-30 19:05:13           MC     DeviceIPAddress called for UPnPDevice = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with IPAddress = 192.168.0.176
          okt-30 19:05:12           Starting Plug-In     Plugin MediaController started successfully in 2 milliseconds
          okt-30 19:05:12           MC     InitIO Called for Instance = 94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba and running on OS = Win32NT
          okt-30 19:05:12           Starting Plug-In     Initializing plugin MediaController ...
          okt-30 19:05:12           Info     Plugin MediaController with instance 94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49463
          okt-30 19:05:12           MC     CreateHSRootDevice: Created device [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with reference 811
          okt-30 19:05:12           MC     CreateHSRootDevice called with DevType = RCR and DeviceName = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V and DeviceUDN = 94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba
          okt-30 19:05:12           MC     AddDevicetoHS called with DeviceUDN = 94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba
          okt-30 19:05:12           MC     GetIniSection called with section = UPnP Devices UDN to Info, FileName = MediaController.ini and # Result = 3
          okt-30 19:05:03           Z-Wave     Device: Devices Livingroom TV Wattage Set to 434,6 (W)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by JKB View Post
            Hi Dirk,

            I recently found this PI and I must say it looks very promising. I've got an LG B7 that I plan to integrate it with my HomeSeer system.
            I'm having some trouble though. I read your instructions regarding adding the remote. When you click on the "add" button, make sure you are in front of your TV because a pop-up (should) appear and you of course need to confirm it. After that, no more need to click on allow unless you "revoke pairing". But when I do this, I don't get any prompt on my TV asking for permission. WOL works, but nothing else. I can pair and control the TV using the LG TV Plus app.

            Do you have any suggestions that I could try?

            Thanks!
            Jakob

            Code:
            okt-30 19:05:21 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:21 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:20 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:20 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:20 MC MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the RenderState
            okt-30 19:05:19 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:19 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:18 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:18 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:18 MC MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the RenderState
            okt-30 19:05:17 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:17 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:16 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:16 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:16 MC MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the RenderState
            okt-30 19:05:15 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:15 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:14 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:14 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:14 MC MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the RenderState
            okt-30 19:05:13 Z-Wave Device: Devices Livingroom TV Wattage Set to 319,6 (W)
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC GetIniSection called with section = UPnP Devices UDN to Info, FileName = MediaController.ini and # Result = 3
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC SendCallback has sent 19 bytes to server.
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC Send called and state = False
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC Send called with Data = ??invalid origin
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(4) = 105
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(3) = 240
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(2) = 3
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(1) = 16
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received maskbit = False
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC TreatWebSocketData for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 received Byte(0) = 136
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC ReceiveCallback received data = ��invalid origin
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC ReceiveCallback received data = HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols Upgrade: websocket Connection: Upgrade Sec-WebSocket-Accept:
            
            iuT3Y5tjAYmzpVDpC7TYw3NcO3Q= Sec-WebSocket-Protocol: dumb-increment-protocol
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 999
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC SendCallback has sent 1699 bytes to server.
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC Send called and state = False
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC Send called with Data = ???G`? ?i#B?se?z$?i.?f B?n& ?mkB?i.?f 4?x"B?*2?E4?$e ?f.?{3B?se ?f.?{36?z4 ?feZ?$e?x?{.?*}B?&vB?*4 ?f"?2
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC Warning Receive called and state = False
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC SendDataOverWebSocket for ipAddress - 192.168.0.176 will send data = {"type":"register","id":"register_0","payload":
            
            {"forcePairing":false,"pairingType":"PROMPT","manifest":{"manifestVersion":1,"appVersion":"1.1","signed":
            
            {"created":"20140509","appId":"com.lge.test","vendorId":"com.lge","localizedAppNames":{"":"LG Remote App","ko-KR":"????????? ???","zxx-XX":"???? R????ot??
            
            A????"},"localizedVendorNames":{"":"LG Electronics"},"permissions":
            
            ["TEST_SECURE","CONTROL_INPUT_TEXT","CONTROL_MOUSE_AND_KEYBOARD","READ_INSTALLED_APPS","READ_LGE_SDX","READ_NOTIFICATIONS","SEARCH","WRITE_SETTINGS","WRITE_NOTIFICATION_ALERT","CONTROL
            
            _POWER","READ_CURRENT_CHANNEL","READ_RUNNING_APPS","READ_UPDATE_INFO","UPDATE_FROM_REMOTE_APP","READ_LGE_TV_INPUT_EVENTS","READ_TV_CURRENT_TIME"],"serial":"2f930e2d2cfe083771f68e4fe7bb
            
            07"},"permissions":
            
            ["LAUNCH","LAUNCH_WEBAPP","APP_TO_APP","CLOSE","TEST_OPEN","TEST_PROTECTED","CONTROL_AUDIO","CONTROL_DISPLAY","CONTROL_INPUT_JOYSTICK","CONTROL_INPUT_MEDIA_RECORDING","CONTROL_INPUT_ME
            
            DIA_PLAYBACK","CONTROL_INPUT_TV","CONTROL_POWER","READ_APP_STATUS","READ_CURRENT_CHANNEL","READ_INPUT_DEVICE_LIST","READ_NETWORK_STATE","READ_RUNNING_APPS","READ_TV_CHANNEL_LIST","WRIT
            
            E_NOTIFICATION_TOAST","READ_POWER_STATE","READ_COUNTRY_INFO"],"signatures":
            
            [{"signatureVersion":1,"signature":"eyJhbGdvcml0aG0iOiJSU0EtU0hBMjU2Iiwia2V5SWQiOiJ0ZXN0LXNpZ25pbmctY2VydCIsInNpZ25hdHVyZVZlcnNpb24iOjF9.hrVRgjCwXVvE2OOSpDZ58hR
            
            +59aFNwYDyjQgKk3auukd7pcegmE2CzPCa0bJ0ZsRAcKkCTJrWo5iDzNhMBWRyaMOv5zWSrthlf7G128qvIlpMT0YNY+n/FaOHE73uLrS/g7swl3/qH/BGFG2Hu4RlL48eb3lLKqTt2xKHdCs6Cd4RMfJPYnzgvI4BNrFUKsjkcu
            
            +WD4OO2A27Pq1n50cMchmcaXadJhGrOqH5YmHdOCj5NSHzJYrsW0HPlpuAx/ECMeIZYDh6RMqaFM2DXzdKX9NmmyqzJ3o/0lkk/N97gfVRLW5hA29yeAwaCViZNCP8iC9aO0q9fQojoa7NQnAtw=="}]}}}
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC SendCallback has sent 265 bytes to server.
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC Send called and state = True
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC Send called with Data = GET / HTTP/1.1 Connection: Upgrade Upgrade: websocket Sec-WebSocket-Key: ZTeaydfwEuaM5bkYY377PA== Sec-WebSocket-Version:
            
            13 Sec-WebSocket-Protocol: dumb-increment-protocol Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: deflate-frame Host: 192.168.0.176 Origin: 192.168.0.176
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC Warning Receive called and state = False
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC CreateHSServiceDevice created device Remote with HSRef = 812
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC MyPollAVTransportTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is polling the transportstate
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is checking the queue
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC ExtractAllServices for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V found Service ID = urn:lge-com:serviceId:webos-second-screen-3000-3001
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC SetServiceFlags for device - [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V found unkown Service = urn:lge-com:serviceId:webos-second-screen-3000-3001 and ActionType =
            
            X_PlaceHolder
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V found actiontype = X_PlaceHolder
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V retrieved following Service document = 10X_PlaceHolderstring
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC RemoveControlCharacters for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V updated document to = 1 0 X_PlaceHolder string
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC RemoveControlCharacters for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V retrieved document with length = 367
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC DeriveIPAddress for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with inString = http://192.168.0.176:1283/ and NextChar = /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-
            
            6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml returned = http://192.168.0.176:1283
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC DeriveIPAddress called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V and inString = http://192.168.0.176:1283/ and NextChar =
            
            /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V is creating ServiceURL = http://192.168.0.176:1283 and ServiceURL =
            
            /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC DeriveIPAddress for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with inString = http://192.168.0.176:1283/ and NextChar = /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-
            
            6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml returned = http://192.168.0.176:1283
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC DeriveIPAddress called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V and inString = http://192.168.0.176:1283/ and NextChar =
            
            /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V found ServiceId = urn:lge-com:serviceId:webos-second-screen-3000-3001 and ServiceURL
            
            = /WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC ProcessServiceDocument for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V retrieved following document = 10urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Basic:1[LG] webOS TV
            
            OLED65B7VLG Electronicshttp://www.lge.comLG Smart TVhttp://www.lge.comOLED65B7V-Zuuid:94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5baurn:lge-com:service:webos-second-screen:1urn:lge-
            
            com:serviceId:webos-second-screen-3000-3001/WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/scpd.xml/WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-
            
            f221f538b5ba/control.xml/WebOS_SecondScreen/94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba/event.xml
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC RemoveControlCharacters for device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V retrieved document with length = 1223
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC GetIniSection called with section = UPnP Devices UDN to Info, FileName = MediaController.ini and # Result = 3
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC DeviceIPPort called for UPnPDevice = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with IPPort = 1283
            okt-30 19:05:13 MC DeviceIPAddress called for UPnPDevice = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with IPAddress = 192.168.0.176
            okt-30 19:05:12 Starting Plug-In Plugin MediaController started successfully in 2 milliseconds
            okt-30 19:05:12 MC InitIO Called for Instance = 94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba and running on OS = Win32NT
            okt-30 19:05:12 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MediaController ...
            okt-30 19:05:12 Info Plugin MediaController with instance 94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49463
            okt-30 19:05:12 MC CreateHSRootDevice: Created device [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V with reference 811
            okt-30 19:05:12 MC CreateHSRootDevice called with DevType = RCR and DeviceName = [LG] webOS TV OLED65B7V and DeviceUDN = 94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba
            okt-30 19:05:12 MC AddDevicetoHS called with DeviceUDN = 94d5a28f-6aae-db41-385f-f221f538b5ba
            okt-30 19:05:12 MC GetIniSection called with section = UPnP Devices UDN to Info, FileName = MediaController.ini and # Result = 3
            okt-30 19:05:03 Z-Wave Device: Devices Livingroom TV Wattage Set to 434,6 (W)
            There is a bunch of info missing. Could it be you took this trace with Superdebug on and not debug? Best is to ONLY use debug flag= on, turn logging to disk on when you are ready to start capturing the trace and turn the disk logging off when trace is done. Then upload log file stored at <hsroot>\html\MediaController\Logs

            Need to see a log from either adding the remote or better from start of HS through adding the remote. You can turn the log to disk on and debug on first, then hit delete remote button, then restart HS, wait until device discovered, add remote, turn logging to disk off, post log

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

              There is a bunch of info missing. Could it be you took this trace with Superdebug on and not debug? Best is to ONLY use debug flag= on, turn logging to disk on when you are ready to start capturing the trace and turn the disk logging off when trace is done. Then upload log file stored at <hsroot>\html\MediaController\Logs

              Need to see a log from either adding the remote or better from start of HS through adding the remote. You can turn the log to disk on and debug on first, then hit delete remote button, then restart HS, wait until device discovered, add remote, turn logging to disk off, post log
              Hi Dirk,

              Yes, that log was indeed the superdebug log. I hope I got it right here.

              Logs attached.

              Edit:
              I think these lines stands out
              Code:
              2018-10-30 20:51:06 : ConnectSocket called with ipAddress =  and ipPort = 3000
              2018-10-30 20:51:06 : Error in ConnectSocket with error = En ogiltig IP-adress angavs. (An invalid IP address was specified.)
              It doesn't seem to attach the IP address correctly?

              - Jakob
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by JKB View Post

                Hi Dirk,

                Yes, that log was indeed the superdebug log. I hope I got it right here.

                Logs attached.

                Edit:
                I think these lines stands out
                Code:
                2018-10-30 20:51:06 : ConnectSocket called with ipAddress = and ipPort = 3000
                2018-10-30 20:51:06 : Error in ConnectSocket with error = En ogiltig IP-adress angavs. (An invalid IP address was specified.)
                It doesn't seem to attach the IP address correctly?

                - Jakob
                There is indeed no IP address. I do think you clicked on add remote before the device was discovered. Shouldn’t be a problem. Maybe just a restart of HS and check wether ip address still missing. This is not a VM or PC with multiple Ethernet ports, is it?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

                  There is indeed no IP address. I do think you clicked on add remote before the device was discovered. Shouldn’t be a problem. Maybe just a restart of HS and check wether ip address still missing. This is not a VM or PC with multiple Ethernet ports, is it?
                  I waited longer this time and now it shows an IP. Still don't work tough. Indeed, it's a VM. Win7 running in an ESXi environment. Only one Ethernet port.

                  - Jakob
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by JKB View Post

                    I waited longer this time and now it shows an IP. Still don't work tough. Indeed, it's a VM. Win7 running in an ESXi environment. Only one Ethernet port.

                    - Jakob
                    About to take off from Chicago airport. How is the network port setting on that VM? Bridged or nat?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

                      About to take off from Chicago airport. How is the network port setting on that VM? Bridged or nat?
                      Ok, no worries I'm in no rush, I appreciate the time you spend. Have a nice trip!
                      It's bridged.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by JKB View Post

                        Ok, no worries I'm in no rush, I appreciate the time you spend. Have a nice trip!
                        It's bridged.
                        Maybe the first question I should have asked .... what PI version are you using? Are you using the latest that is posted in the BETA section of the updater?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

                          Maybe the first question I should have asked .... what PI version are you using? Are you using the latest that is posted in the BETA section of the updater?
                          Well, I for sure thought I was using .35, since that is the version that the change log mentions when I click the Release info button. Apparently it's .33 that is live in the stable section. I downloaded .37 from the beta section and it worked without any problem.

                          I'm really sorry for wasting your time. Thank you for a great PI!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Anyone using the messaging (Toast) feature yet on LG TV? Click image for larger version

Name:	Toast.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1261334

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Hi
                              How did you enable this. can you send any message?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by jezza View Post
                                Hi
                                How did you enable this. can you send any message?
                                Yes you can send any message. Use the "Speak" command (read helpfile). See example here. Use the name you gave to the remote device (from the device table in the config page) and create a speaker client with it, using $MC$ as the prefix; LG as the device name and $ as the suffix


                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ToastExample.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1262000

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X