LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Are you running in Linux or Windows? Linux doesn’t work but we could manually try to make it work. If you are on windows can you capture the log when you click on WOL , the button created for the device as opposed to say the remote .
    Dirk
    I am on Windows, Server 2012R2;
    Nov-30 21:53:22 MC SendMagicPacket for device - [LG] webOS TV has Broadcast IPAddress = 192.168.1.255
    Nov-30 21:53:22 MC SendMagicPacket called for device - [LG] webOS TV and MacAddress = C8-08-E9-3F-94-B5 and IPAddress = 192.168.1.12 and Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    Nov-30 21:53:22 MC GetSubnetMask found IP Mask = 255.255.255.0
    Nov-30 21:53:22 MC GetSubnetMask called
    Nov-30 21:53:22 MC TreatSetIOEx called for device = [LG] webOS TV with Ref = 1419, Index 2, controlFlag = False, ControlString, ControlType = Button, ControlValue = 5, Label = WOL
    Nov-30 21:53:22 MC SetIOEx called for Ref = 1419, Index 2, controlFlag = False, ControlString, ControlType = Button, ControlValue = 5, Label = WOL
    Nov-30 21:53:22 MC SetIOMulti set value: 5->ref:1419
    Nov-30 21:53:22 MC SetIOMulti called
    Nov-30 21:53:22 Device Control Device: MediaController [LG] webOS TV Device to WOL (5) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Hmmm - looking at that it seems to trying to WOL itself.
    The server HS sits on is 192.168.1.12
    There is nothing sat on 192.168.1.255

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post

I am on Windows, Server 2012R2; [
      Hmmm - looking at that it seems to trying to WOL itself.
      The server HS sits on is 192.168.1.12
      There is nothing sat on 192.168.1.255
      192.168.1.255 is the broadcast IP address for your subnet. The (own) IP address is used to derive the broadcast IP address based on your subnet mask.

So this looks kosher actually. So two things to check:
      a/ your setting on your TV may need to be set to NOT safe power because your Ethernet port must stay alive for any WOL protocol to work. Not sure if LG has a specific setting for it, maybe check your manual.
      b/ double check that the MAC address you see here, matches with the mac address that is used on your TV to connect to the network. This is something I believe you can find in the network settings for whatever port is active.

Is this TV wired or wireless connected to your local network, perhaps both? Most TVs keep their wired Ethernet port alive but require specific authorization to keep the wireless port alive (translated: your wireless channel is active on your router all the time, else it can never receive a WOL packet).

Dirk

Comment

192.168.1.255 is the broadcast IP address for your subnet. The (own) IP address is used to derive the broadcast IP address based on your subnet mask.

So this looks kosher actually. So two things to check:
        a/ your setting on your TV may need to be set to NOT safe power because your Ethernet port must stay alive for any WOL protocol to work. Not sure if LG has a specific setting for it, maybe check your manual.
        b/ double check that the MAC address you see here, matches with the mac address that is used on your TV to connect to the network. This is something I believe you can find in the network settings for whatever port is active.

Is this TV wired or wireless connected to your local network, perhaps both? Most TVs keep their wired Ethernet port alive but require specific authorization to keep the wireless port alive (translated: your wireless channel is active on your router all the time, else it can never receive a WOL packet).

Dirk

Morning :-)
        The TV is wired ethernet. It goes via an ethernet switch and a small ethernet hub.
        I can't see anything related to safe power. It does have an eco mode that turns the TV off after a set time of no activity. That is set to Off.
        The mac is correct but in this entry;
        "SendMagicPacket called for device - [LG] webOS TV and MacAddress = C8-08-E9-3F-94-B5 and IPAddress = 192.168.1.12 and Subnetmask 255.255.255.0"
        the IP is that of the HS server not the TV

Comment

Morning :-)
          The TV is wired ethernet. It goes via an ethernet switch and a small ethernet hub.
          I can't see anything related to safe power. It does have an eco mode that turns the TV off after a set time of no activity. That is set to Off.
          The mac is correct but in this entry;
          "SendMagicPacket called for device - [LG] webOS TV and MacAddress = C8-08-E9-3F-94-B5 and IPAddress = 192.168.1.12 and Subnetmask 255.255.255.0"
          the IP is that of the HS server not the TV
          Yep I know it is the HS server IP, think of it this way, powered down devices do not have IP addresses anymore, unless they are static or not really powered down
          I quickly checked my TV, I have a Mobile TV on setting where I can select to turn TV on by wifi or bluetooth. There is also a Quick start + option. Do you have any of these options?
          Just checked on my LG and WOL works.
          Dirk

Comment

Yep I know it is the HS server IP, think of it this way, powered down devices do not have IP addresses anymore, unless they are static or not really powered down
            I quickly checked my TV, I have a Mobile TV on setting where I can select to turn TV on by wifi or bluetooth. There is also a Quick start + option. Do you have any of these options?
            Just checked on my LG and WOL works.
            Dirk
            None of those options :-(
            I have a mobile app (Android) and note it has an OFF function but not an ON, maybe that is a clue. The TV does have a static IP, I try to both wire and give static IPs to everything I have - makes life easier.

Comment

None of those options :-(
              I have a mobile app (Android) and note it has an OFF function but not an ON, maybe that is a clue. The TV does have a static IP, I try to both wire and give static IPs to everything I have - makes life easier.
              Bummer. Just looked up your TV and the posted user guide (http://kr.eguide.lgappstv.com/manual...u_b__enga.html).

It shows the options in the userguide under "general" but there are reference like "this function is available on certain models and in certain countries only".

Dirk

Comment

Bummer. Just looked up your TV and the posted user guide (http://kr.eguide.lgappstv.com/manual...u_b__enga.html).

It shows the options in the userguide under "general" but there arereference like "this function is available on certain models and in certain countries only".

Dirk
                You know that old expression, "can't see for looking". So I found the Mobile ON setting, there are no options, just ON and OFF. I turned it ON. Still won't let me WOL!!

Comment

You know that old expression, "can't see for looking". So I found the Mobile ON setting, there are no options, just ON and OFF. I turned it ON. Still won't let me WOL!!
                  Progress. Does now other tools (I think you wrote from your router) work? You could try to have tv connect wirelessly, and see if that makes a difference (note MAC address must be different!!)

Comment

Progress. Does now other tools (I think you wrote from your router) work? You could try to have tv connect wirelessly, and see if that makes a difference (note MAC address must be different!!)
                    Update. I tried sending a WOL from the router, still nothing.
                    I delved into the TV Installer menu and discovered WOL in one of the menus, but it is greyed out. In that particular menu all but one setting was greyed out. The one that wasn't could be altered. As the WOL was greyed out and therfore not changeable that leads me to wonder if that is because it is not available. I haven't had time to try WiFi but I suspect if wired isn't working, WiFi won't either.

Comment

So with the latest beta the ipu browns still don’t generate but the volume control works properly so there’s some progress!!

Comment

Compatibility :https://www.simplecontrol.com/check-compatibility/

If you also use Node-RED, this here : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-lgtv is a good read.

- Eman
                        The Closer.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          ipu browns still don’t generate
                          ????

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          So with the latest beta the ipu browns still don’t generate but the volume control works properly so there’s some progress!!
                          If you want support, please post logs

Comment

Now that was a typo...input buttons

Comment

huh??

which logs? The PI's? Are you sure this is the MAC@ of the TV. Can you post that log entry?
                              Point is, if you see it in the PI log, that means that the PI did retrieve the MAC address which under Linux is not included.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------

I added diMACAddress=<mac address> to the MediaController.ini file on my PI manually.
                              I enabled debug and super debug in the MediaController plugin.

When I click on the WOL button in the MediaController Device section for the TV, the TV doesn't turn on.
                              Below are the logs generated. I can use a WOL utility to turn on the TV.
                              I verified the MacAddress in the SendMagicPacket line of the logs is correct.
                              Any way to verify that the MagicPacket is actually being sent from the Raspberry PI.
                              Dec-18 11:56:03 PM MC PostBackProc for PluginControl called with page = MediaControl and data = DebugChkBox=unchecked&id=DebugChkBox and user = steve and userRights = 6
                              Dec-18 11:56:02 PM MC Reachable called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV UH7700 which is not reachable and DeviceStatus = Offline
                              Dec-18 11:55:42 PM MC Reachable called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV UH7700 which is not reachable and DeviceStatus = Offline
                              Dec-18 11:55:41 PM MC GetIniSection called with section = UPnP Devices UDN to Info, FileName = MediaController.ini and # Result = 8
                              Dec-18 11:55:41 PM MC GetPagePlugin for PlugInConfig called with pageName = MediaControl and user = steve and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                              Dec-18 11:55:41 PM MC hspi.GetPagePlugin called for instance = and pageName = MediaControl and user = steve and userRights = 6 and queryString =
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC SendMagicPacket called for device - [LG] webOS TV UH7700 and MacAddress = 38-8C-50-27-23-9A and IPAddress = 10.190.1.102 and Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC GetSubnetMask found IP Mask = 255.255.255.0
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC The IPaddress address of eth0 is 10.190.1.102
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC The MAC address of eth0 is B827EB3E00F8
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC The IPaddress address of lo is ::1
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC The IPaddress address of lo is 127.0.0.1
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC The MAC address of lo is
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC GetSubnetMask called
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC TreatSetIOEx called for device = [LG] webOS TV UH7700 with Ref = 119, Index 2, controlFlag = False, ControlString, ControlType = Button, ControlValue = 5, Label = WOL
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC SetIOEx called for Ref = 119, Index 2, controlFlag = False, ControlString, ControlType = Button, ControlValue = 5, Label = WOL
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC SetIOMulti set value: 5->ref:119
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM MC SetIOMulti called
                              Dec-18 11:55:36 PM Device Control Device: MediaController [LG] webOS TV UH7700 Device to WOL (5) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              Dec-18 11:55:22 PM MC Reachable called for UPnPDevice [LG] webOS TV UH7700 which is not reachable and DeviceStatus = Offline
                              Dec-18 11:55:19 PM MC INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 999
                              Dec-18 11:55:19 PM MC ReadIniFile called
                              Dec-18 11:55:19 PM MC postBackProc for PluginControl found Value = SuperDebugChkBox
                              Dec-18 11:55:19 PM MC postBackProc for PluginControl found Key = id
                              Dec-18 11:55:19 PM MC postBackProc for PluginControl found Value = checked
                              Dec-18 11:55:19 PM MC postBackProc for PluginControl found Key = SuperDebugChkBox
                              Dec-18 11:55:19 PM MC PostBackProc for PluginControl called with page = MediaControl and data = SuperDebugChkBox=checked&id=SuperDebugChkBox and user = steve and userRights = 6

Comment

Originally posted by bushinc View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------

I added diMACAddress=<mac address> to the MediaController.ini file on my PI manually.
                                I enabled debug and super debug in the MediaController plugin.

When I click on the WOL button in the MediaController Device section for the TV, the TV doesn't turn on.
                                Below are the logs generated. I can use a WOL utility to turn on the TV.
                                I verified the MacAddress in the SendMagicPacket line of the logs is correct.
                                Any way to verify that the MagicPacket is actually being sent from the Raspberry PI.
                                Is the Pi connected wireless or wired? As you see in the log, the PI goes through a list of interfaces and it assumes that eth0 with IP address 10.190.1.102 is the IP address of the host and the mask is 255.255.255.0. So first of all, is this the correct interface?

Secondly, is your TV wired or wireless? If you go to the settings on the TV, what is the IP address and mask? Are they in the same subnet?

Comment

Working...
                                X