No announcement yet.

LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcorsus, I want to thank for your efforts with this PI. I setup a 2018 LG TV Model OLED55C8PUA yesterday. The PI is able to control the WebOS based TV without issue. Toast messaging has been implemented with the help of the examples in this thread & the help file. Like @kideon said it would be great to be able to send Image to display.
    Larry

Comment

• Originally posted by lpcalcaterra View Post
      dcorsus, I want to thank for your efforts with this PI. I setup a 2018 LG TV Model OLED55C8PUA yesterday. The PI is able to control the WebOS based TV without issue. Toast messaging has been implemented with the help of the examples in this thread & the help file. Like @kideon said it would be great to be able to send Image to display.
      Install any DLNA server SW on any PC on same network. The PI will discover the DMS (media server) and you can now select content (music, video, picture) from the server and send to your TV. You would have to add the DMR (media renderer) device part of your LG TV to the PI but now the PI acts as a controller and you can create events to select content from the DMS and play it on any DMR.

So the trick would be something like this:

- say someone rings the front door bell and you have a camera that takes a picture
      - you kick off a script that copies the picture onto a folder that is "discovered" by your server
      - if you always use the same name for the picture (and just overwrite it) you could have created an event that had that picture already pre-selected and not your script kicks off an event that plays that picture on your TV
      - you start a time for how long you want the picture displayed
      - when time runs our, you issue a stop command and your TV goes back to what it was doing
      - you CANNOT overlay this picture on top of part of what you were watching

Read up on the help file how to use servers and players and how to set up events.

Dirk
      ps there is a way to embed a picture (more like an icon) in the toast message but don't think that's what you are looking for. There is also a notification pop-up on LG TVs (big banner on bottom you sometimes see) but I haven't figured out how to use it , might not even be possible to tickle it from an external app

Comment

• Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Install any DLNA server SW on any PC on same network. The PI will discover the DMS (media server) and you can now select content (music, video, picture) from the server and send to your TV. You would have to add the DMR (media renderer) device part of your LG TV to the PI but now the PI acts as a controller and you can create events to select content from the DMS and play it on any DMR.

So the trick would be something like this:

- say someone rings the front door bell and you have a camera that takes a picture
        - you kick off a script that copies the picture onto a folder that is "discovered" by your server
        - if you always use the same name for the picture (and just overwrite it) you could have created an event that had that picture already pre-selected and not your script kicks off an event that plays that picture on your TV
        - you start a time for how long you want the picture displayed
        - when time runs our, you issue a stop command and your TV goes back to what it was doing
        - you CANNOT overlay this picture on top of part of what you were watching

Read up on the help file how to use servers and players and how to set up events.

Dirk
        ps there is a way to embed a picture (more like an icon) in the toast message but don't think that's what you are looking for. There is also a notification pop-up on LG TVs (big banner on bottom you sometimes see) but I haven't figured out how to use it , might not even be possible to tickle it from an external app
        GOT IT! and Done. I added HS NetCam image directory to Windows Media Player Library. CurrentImage gets push to TV

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	1281389

Thanks
        Larry

Comment

GOT IT! and Done. I added HS NetCam image directory to Windows Media Player Library. CurrentImage gets push to TV

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1281389

Thanks
          Oh I didn't even think of doing it locally on the Windows machine running the plugin. Going to have to try that since I'm running Sighthound too and also wanted to see what could be done with the Chromecast.

Anyone played with building an image? I'd love to create an updatable image that is compiled with all sorts of good stuff. Also maybe a daily digest. Not as good as a flashy video but it's a start.

Comment

• Originally posted by kideon View Post
            Anyone played with building an image? I'd love to create an updatable image that is compiled with all sorts of good stuff. Also maybe a daily digest. Not as good as a flashy video but it's a start.
            kideon..... not to highjack this thread, but Jon00 Image Builder should work for you. I have not used in a while.
            This package allows you to easily generate images on the fly by means of simple entries in an ini file. This can then be used in any application or hardware where
            Larry

Comment

kideon..... not to highjack this thread, but Jon00 Image Builder should work for you. I have not used in a while.
              Yeah I was going to fiddle with that. Would be great if it could be done in a GUI. Also need to look and see what sort of daily digest things are out there, I sketched out what I would want to be included so that's done at least. Would actually pay for plugins to do either or both. Especially given the myriad of sources that are available.

Comment

Working...
              X