Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    dcorsus

Hi Dirk, I replaced one of our older LG TVs with a new one (49UM7300AUE). The plugin detects it and the appropriate devices are created, and the remote buttons are created after I clicked the "Create Remote Buttons" button. However, the Status device does not get updated after clicking the "Retrieve App, Channel & Input Info" button. No error appears in the log after clicking it. Let me know what level of debugging I should capture to help troubleshoot the issue. I'm running version 3.0.0.52 of the plugin.

Thanks
    Al
    Turn debug flag on, logging to disk on, perhaps delete the device (from the config page !!) and add again, click on create remote buttons and click on retrieve all. Turn log to disk off, post log file which can be found at <hs root>\html\MediaController\Logs
    Make sure TV is on while you do all of this and if it prompts to confirm allowance, you give it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Turn debug flag on, logging to disk on, perhaps delete the device (from the config page !!) and add again, click on create remote buttons and click on retrieve all. Turn log to disk off, post log file which can be found at \html\MediaController\Logs
      Make sure TV is on while you do all of this and if it prompts to confirm allowance, you give it.
      dcorsus

Hi Dirk, log attached. This is without deleting the device. Let me know if you need me to do it again with the device deleted. Do I just need to delete the Remote device, or also the Player and Multiscreen devices?

Thanks
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

• sparkman
        Sorry for missing your response, that was very helpful, it shows that the PI discovers the apps and the input sources.

It has been so long since I wrote all of this so I had to go back and redo it for my own TV, struggled I think with the same thing you struggled with until I realized the sequence is:
        - click on retrieve app, Channel and Input Info
        - then click on "create remote buttons"

I realized it back then (and now) that this is confusing but didn't have time to brainstorm about it. There is a reason for it. I had a few choices:
        - discover all apps etc each time the TV or PI powers on and recreate all the buttons. The benefit is that the PI (and HS) will always be up to date, the drawback is that when you recreate the buttons, it gets different references and all your events/scripts are screwed up.
        - Only update buttons on demand, this allows you to potentially delete what you don't want and not mess up HS references and associated events when the list of apps change. Drawback is that you may have added a new app to your TV, want it in HS and it won't happen automatically. Moreover, each time you click on "create remote buttons" you would still screw up your references.

So short of writing a lot of complex code, I decided you click the buttons and do make it do what you want.

So click on "create remote buttons" (after you clicked "Retrieve Apps, Channels and Input Info" and now your status devices should get populated with the apps your TV supports. If it doesn't, do the debug dance again and capture the log when you click on "create remote buttons".

Dirk

Comment

• Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          So click on "create remote buttons" (after you clicked "Retrieve Apps, Channels and Input Info" and now your status devices should get populated with the apps your TV supports. If it doesn't, do the debug dance again and capture the log when you click on "create remote buttons".

Dirk
          Thanks very much Dirk, yes, it did work that way.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X