Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    dcorsus

Hi Dirk, I replaced one of our older LG TVs with a new one (49UM7300AUE). The plugin detects it and the appropriate devices are created, and the remote buttons are created after I clicked the "Create Remote Buttons" button. However, the Status device does not get updated after clicking the "Retrieve App, Channel & Input Info" button. No error appears in the log after clicking it. Let me know what level of debugging I should capture to help troubleshoot the issue. I'm running version 3.0.0.52 of the plugin.

Thanks
    Al
    Turn debug flag on, logging to disk on, perhaps delete the device (from the config page !!) and add again, click on create remote buttons and click on retrieve all. Turn log to disk off, post log file which can be found at <hs root>\html\MediaController\Logs
    Make sure TV is on while you do all of this and if it prompts to confirm allowance, you give it.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Turn debug flag on, logging to disk on, perhaps delete the device (from the config page !!) and add again, click on create remote buttons and click on retrieve all. Turn log to disk off, post log file which can be found at \html\MediaController\Logs
      Make sure TV is on while you do all of this and if it prompts to confirm allowance, you give it.
      dcorsus

Hi Dirk, log attached. This is without deleting the device. Let me know if you need me to do it again with the device deleted. Do I just need to delete the Remote device, or also the Player and Multiscreen devices?

Thanks
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

sparkman
        Sorry for missing your response, that was very helpful, it shows that the PI discovers the apps and the input sources.

It has been so long since I wrote all of this so I had to go back and redo it for my own TV, struggled I think with the same thing you struggled with until I realized the sequence is:
        - click on retrieve app, Channel and Input Info
        - then click on "create remote buttons"

I realized it back then (and now) that this is confusing but didn't have time to brainstorm about it. There is a reason for it. I had a few choices:
        - discover all apps etc each time the TV or PI powers on and recreate all the buttons. The benefit is that the PI (and HS) will always be up to date, the drawback is that when you recreate the buttons, it gets different references and all your events/scripts are screwed up.
        - Only update buttons on demand, this allows you to potentially delete what you don't want and not mess up HS references and associated events when the list of apps change. Drawback is that you may have added a new app to your TV, want it in HS and it won't happen automatically. Moreover, each time you click on "create remote buttons" you would still screw up your references.

So short of writing a lot of complex code, I decided you click the buttons and do make it do what you want.

So click on "create remote buttons" (after you clicked "Retrieve Apps, Channels and Input Info" and now your status devices should get populated with the apps your TV supports. If it doesn't, do the debug dance again and capture the log when you click on "create remote buttons".

Dirk

Comment

So click on "create remote buttons" (after you clicked "Retrieve Apps, Channels and Input Info" and now your status devices should get populated with the apps your TV supports. If it doesn't, do the debug dance again and capture the log when you click on "create remote buttons".

Dirk
          Thanks very much Dirk, yes, it did work that way.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have multiple nic's for my HS PC each on a different vlan. HS main software is set to run on vlan 1 (192.168.80.x), and the TV's are on vlan 2 (192.168.93.x). The HS PC has an ip on each of the different nics and vlans. The issue im having is WOL wont work since it tries to send the command over vlan 1 not vlan 2. is there a way to tell the plugin to use vlan 2 interface on the local HS pc instead of interface for vlan1? The remote is able to successfully send all the other commands ive tried

Its an LG tv so requires WOL to power it back on. I know WOL works fine since i can use it sending the magic packets over the same vlan.

Aug-03 6:59:53 PM MC The UniCast address of Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is 192.168.80.28 with mask 255.255.252.0 and Address family InterNetwork
            Aug-03 6:59:53 PM MC The ID of {465F90B8-0122-49A2-8495-DC1B85C72548} has name Ethernet and interface type Ethernet
            Aug-03 6:59:53 PM MC The MAC address of Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is 6C2B59EA27CA with status Up
            Aug-03 6:59:53 PM MC IsEthernetPortAlive called with Interface = 192.168.80.28
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC SendMagicPacket called for device - Sean`s Room TV and MacAddress = and IPAddress = 192.168.80.28 and Subnetmask 255.255.252.0
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC GetSubnetMask found IP Mask = 255.255.252.0
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC The IPaddress address of Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is 192.168.80.28
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC The MAC address of Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is 6C2B59EA27CA
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC GetSubnetMask called
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC SendMagicPacket for device - Sean`s Room TV has Broadcast IPAddress = 192.168.83.255
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC SendMagicPacket called for device - Sean`s Room TV and MacAddress = 04:4E:AF:65:9A:BC and IPAddress = 192.168.80.28 and Subnetmask 255.255.252.0
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC GetSubnetMask found IP Mask = 255.255.252.0
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC The IPaddress address of Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is 192.168.80.28
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC The MAC address of Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is 6C2B59EA27CA
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC GetSubnetMask called
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC TreatSetIOEx called for device = Sean`s Room TV with Ref = 1417, Index 2, controlFlag = False, ControlString, ControlType = Button, ControlValue = 5, Label = WOL
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC SetIOEx called for Ref = 1417, Index 2, controlFlag = False, ControlString, ControlType = Button, ControlValue = 5, Label = WOL
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC SetIOMulti set value: 5->ref:1417
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM MC SetIOMulti called
            Aug-03 6:58:28 PM Device Control Device: MediaController Sean`s Room TV Device to WOL (5) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Thanks

Comment

I am also not able to use the "Retrieve App, Channel & Input Info " button successfully. When i run it, nothing seems to happen. Below is the verbose log from when i try.

Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC Error Error in LGSendCommand for UPnPDevice = Sean`s Room TV and error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC LGSendCommand called for device - Sean`s Room TV with Prefix = channellist_0, MsgType = request, URI = ssap://tv/getChannelList, Payload =
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC Error Error in LGSendCommand for UPnPDevice = Sean`s Room TV and error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC LGSendCommand called for device - Sean`s Room TV with Prefix = getexternalinputlist_0, MsgType = request, URI = ssap://tv/getExternalInputList, Payload =
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC LGSendCommand called for device - Sean`s Room TV with Prefix = listLaunchPoints_0, MsgType = request, URI = ssap://com.webos.applicationManager/listLaunchPoints, Payload =
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC CreateLGAppandInputButtons called for Device = Sean`s Room TV
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC TreatSetIOExLG called for UPnPDevice = Sean`s Room TV and buttonvalue = 8
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC TreatSetIOExRemoteControl called for UPnPDevice = Sean`s Room TV and buttonvalue = 8
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC TreatSetIOEx called for device = Sean`s Room TV with Ref = 1418, Index 3, controlFlag = False, ControlString, ControlType = Button, ControlValue = 8, Label = Retrieve App, Channel & Input Info
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC SetIOEx called for Ref = 1418, Index 3, controlFlag = False, ControlString, ControlType = Button, ControlValue = 8, Label = Retrieve App, Channel & Input Info
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC SetIOMulti set value: 8->ref:1418
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM MC SetIOMulti called
              Aug-03 7:02:12 PM Device Control Device: MediaController Sean`s Room TV Remote to Retrieve App, Channel & Input Info (8) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

when i tried again i got additional info. See attached. it was too long to paste.

Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

I am surprised it actually does anything at all. Did you forward specific ports between the vlan domains to even have the TV discovered on a different Ethernet interface from the one HS is attached to? Is this a Linux box or Windows?

My Sonos PI uses the same UPNP subsystem and last year I spend a lot of effort adding support for multi vlan. If you are on the latest MC PI you probably picked up all those changes. However, this was built for ONE ethernet interface with multiple VLANs. Supporting multiple Ethernet interfaces is another level of complexity all together.

Comment

It's a windows box. Had to do a lot of tinkering on the FW to get it to work, including playing around with the igmp settings. Then spent a while figuring out why windows firewall was blocking the traffic and what exactly it needed to have unblocked. At this point im not sure which fw changes is what got it to work. I may try to repeat the steps to figure it out one day.

Unfortunately the POS built in Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller that the mini pc has only does vlan by creating a separate virtual nic with a dedicated vlan on it.

Thanks anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by doomngloom View Post
                    It's a windows box. Had to do a lot of tinkering on the FW to get it to work, including playing around with the igmp settings. Then spent a while figuring out why windows firewall was blocking the traffic and what exactly it needed to have unblocked. At this point im not sure which fw changes is what got it to work. I may try to repeat the steps to figure it out one day.

Unfortunately the POS built in Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller that the mini pc has only does vlan by creating a separate virtual nic with a dedicated vlan on it.

Thanks anyways.
                    Ah that would sense why it even remotely did something

There is a posting on the Sonos Forum )https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...ate-vlan/page2 starting for posting #24) about adding manual entries to the .ini file to nail down the ports used to discover, and UPNP event listener port. I believe this change was picked up in the latest version of the MediaController, may need to check though. Some ports are dynamic allocated today to avoid conflicts w port being in use by other app. To make intervlan communication work, you would nail those down and then you need to add entries to your router to forward these ports between vlans. That would be the bare minimum to make discovery and eventing to work. Sending WOL on all interfaces is something that would have to be developed.

Comment

I have multiple nic's for my HS PC each on a different vlan. HS main software is set to run on vlan 1 (192.168.80.x), and the TV's are on vlan 2 (192.168.93.x). The HS PC has an ip on each of the different nics and vlans. The issue im having is WOL wont work since it tries to send the command over vlan 1 not vlan 2. is there a way to tell the plugin to use vlan 2 interface on the local HS pc instead of interface for vlan1? The remote is able to successfully send all the other commands ive tried

Its an LG tv so requires WOL to power it back on. I know WOL works fine since i can use it sending the magic packets over the same vlan.
                      I might be able to add some simple code to make this work, are you up to test this?
                      Having that said, I think you would have to go through all the changes required to nail down your ports before you can make this reliably work.
                      Thoughts?

Comment

I might be able to add some simple code to make this work, are you up to test this?
                        Having that said, I think you would have to go through all the changes required to nail down your ports before you can make this reliably work.
                        Thoughts?
                        Absolutely. I would be more than happy to test it for you. Whats a little wireshark in the morning. lol

Comment

Absolutely. I would be more than happy to test it for you. Whats a little wireshark in the morning. lol
                          .... but first .... you need to read up on that thread I posted above and make those changes in the .ini file

Comment

Will do. I'll get them implemented and get back to you. It may take a few days since I've been swamped with work.

Comment

Will do. I'll get them implemented and get back to you. It may take a few days since I've been swamped with work.
                              great, I'll need to find some time to add some code to send WOL on the interface where the device was last seen

Comment

Hey. Been out for a bit and then my Homeseer decided to go belly up and my config just up and disappearing. Ended up rolling the config back to June and upgrading to HS4. Seems this plugin doesnt work with HS4 so cant really do anything until it does

Comment

Working...
                                X