LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matt246
    started a topic LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

Hi just wondering if your thinking about implementing a lg web os smart tv remote into this plugin as I would LOVE to have the ability to control the tv's power status as well!
    Thanks

• kideon
    replied
    Originally posted by lpcalcaterra View Post

kideon..... not to highjack this thread, but Jon00 Image Builder should work for you. I have not used in a while.
    Yeah I was going to fiddle with that. Would be great if it could be done in a GUI. Also need to look and see what sort of daily digest things are out there, I sketched out what I would want to be included so that's done at least. Would actually pay for plugins to do either or both. Especially given the myriad of sources that are available.

Leave a comment:

• lpcalcaterra
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Anyone played with building an image? I'd love to create an updatable image that is compiled with all sorts of good stuff. Also maybe a daily digest. Not as good as a flashy video but it's a start.
    kideon..... not to highjack this thread, but Jon00 Image Builder should work for you. I have not used in a while.
    This package allows you to easily generate images on the fly by means of simple entries in an ini file. This can then be used in any application or hardware where

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied

GOT IT! and Done. I added HS NetCam image directory to Windows Media Player Library. CurrentImage gets push to TV

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1281389

Thanks
    Oh I didn't even think of doing it locally on the Windows machine running the plugin. Going to have to try that since I'm running Sighthound too and also wanted to see what could be done with the Chromecast.

Anyone played with building an image? I'd love to create an updatable image that is compiled with all sorts of good stuff. Also maybe a daily digest. Not as good as a flashy video but it's a start.

Leave a comment:

• lpcalcaterra
    replied
    Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Install any DLNA server SW on any PC on same network. The PI will discover the DMS (media server) and you can now select content (music, video, picture) from the server and send to your TV. You would have to add the DMR (media renderer) device part of your LG TV to the PI but now the PI acts as a controller and you can create events to select content from the DMS and play it on any DMR.

So the trick would be something like this:

- say someone rings the front door bell and you have a camera that takes a picture
    - you kick off a script that copies the picture onto a folder that is "discovered" by your server
    - if you always use the same name for the picture (and just overwrite it) you could have created an event that had that picture already pre-selected and not your script kicks off an event that plays that picture on your TV
    - you start a time for how long you want the picture displayed
    - when time runs our, you issue a stop command and your TV goes back to what it was doing
    - you CANNOT overlay this picture on top of part of what you were watching

Read up on the help file how to use servers and players and how to set up events.

Dirk
    ps there is a way to embed a picture (more like an icon) in the toast message but don't think that's what you are looking for. There is also a notification pop-up on LG TVs (big banner on bottom you sometimes see) but I haven't figured out how to use it , might not even be possible to tickle it from an external app
    GOT IT! and Done. I added HS NetCam image directory to Windows Media Player Library. CurrentImage gets push to TV

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	1281389

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    dcorsus, I want to thank for your efforts with this PI. I setup a 2018 LG TV Model OLED55C8PUA yesterday. The PI is able to control the WebOS based TV without issue. Toast messaging has been implemented with the help of the examples in this thread & the help file. Like @kideon said it would be great to be able to send Image to display.
    Install any DLNA server SW on any PC on same network. The PI will discover the DMS (media server) and you can now select content (music, video, picture) from the server and send to your TV. You would have to add the DMR (media renderer) device part of your LG TV to the PI but now the PI acts as a controller and you can create events to select content from the DMS and play it on any DMR.

So the trick would be something like this:

- say someone rings the front door bell and you have a camera that takes a picture
    - you kick off a script that copies the picture onto a folder that is "discovered" by your server
    - if you always use the same name for the picture (and just overwrite it) you could have created an event that had that picture already pre-selected and not your script kicks off an event that plays that picture on your TV
    - you start a time for how long you want the picture displayed
    - when time runs our, you issue a stop command and your TV goes back to what it was doing
    - you CANNOT overlay this picture on top of part of what you were watching

Read up on the help file how to use servers and players and how to set up events.

Dirk
    ps there is a way to embed a picture (more like an icon) in the toast message but don't think that's what you are looking for. There is also a notification pop-up on LG TVs (big banner on bottom you sometimes see) but I haven't figured out how to use it , might not even be possible to tickle it from an external app

Leave a comment:

• lpcalcaterra
    replied
    dcorsus, I want to thank for your efforts with this PI. I setup a 2018 LG TV Model OLED55C8PUA yesterday. The PI is able to control the WebOS based TV without issue. Toast messaging has been implemented with the help of the examples in this thread & the help file. Like @kideon said it would be great to be able to send Image to display.

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    OK, that's too bad.
    How big did you have in mind? Text or Image?

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied

Is the last version now available in the beta section?
    Not yet, I'm still working on some Samsung encryption changes. Maybe over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    OK, that's too bad.

Is the last version now available in the beta section?

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Is there a way to make the Toast stay visible for a longer time period, or is the time set by WebOS?
    Set by WebOS

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Is there a way to make the Toast stay visible for a longer time period, or is the time set by WebOS?

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    That’s on the list I want to get the security camera footage or image to the TV on motion or on request. Also want to be able to push a dashboard to it.

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    [QUOTE=kideon;n1276044]
    YES!!! It works!

EDIT: Wait, it suddenly stopped. Can't see why.
    A restart of the plugin helped. I'll try again in a while.

EDIT2: Seems to be stable now. I'll check again in an hour or so.

EDIT3: Found the problem. If a devicestring contains HTML-codes ("<br>" in my case) it breaks, and can't be restored without restarting the plugin.[/QUOTE

cant wait to get this implemented. Also looking to see how the upnp image pushing works. Oh biggest takeway you’re still using Kinect
    I read somewhere that you embed (MIME?) encode images in the Toast message you may want to google a bit for LG Toast message + image.
    To get say pictures on your TV, use the player device. Make sure you have a UPNP/DLNA server that holds your content (pictures, music, video) and make actions to send content to the TV. Read the help file :-)

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Oh biggest takeway you’re still using Kinect
    Haha! Kinect is awesome!
    I've still not forgiven Microsoft for giving up on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X