Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcorsus
    replied
    Ah, I see the disconnect, I changed the code so the TTL became 4, this is not a setting, this code change was picked up in the latest version of the Mediacontroller PI because that piece of code is common.

If you added the 2 entries to the .ini file, you should be good IF no other app on this HS system is using the ports you picked. All needed now is a restart of the PI to make that effective (only read at init time). Then you can test whether the system works as it should. In the mean time, I'll go find some time to make the WOL changes. Pay attention to errors in the log at init, just in case these ports are not available, you would see an error, in which case you pick another port and restart again.

Leave a comment:

• doomngloom
    replied
    You mentioned i needed to add the items from the sonos post #24, did you not? I didnt make that change since the format looks wrong and im not sure how to do it, and the change is in the Media control config file.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...ate-vlan/page2

I just posted v38 in the BETA section of the updater.

There were 2 changes:

First: I changed the multicast TTL setting from 1 to 4 , which should allow the multicast message to route beyond it first subnet.

Try this version and see whether the PI now at least discovers the players.

The second change is to nail the TCP listener-port down. I suspect without any further changes, the PI hopefully finds the players but I suspect that the autonomous events won't make it through, which means the player status is not being updated. If that happens, shutdown HS and add under the [Options] section, an entry as follows to the sonos.ini file:

TCPListenerPort=12291

Then add the UDP port 12291 to you list of allowed ports FROM the player to the VLAN where the PI lives. Ignore the fact I called it TCPListener, it actually is UDP. If you don't like 12291 pick another one, it just cannot be used on your HS system.

Note of warning, using a fixed port has some danger in that the PI will not work (initially) if this port is already in use. I added some logic to step up the port number in case that would fail, but I haven't tested that AND which means that you now also need more ports to your allowance list.

Let me know how it goes. If it doesn't work, then I need a trace with PI debug level set to "events and errors", UPNP debug level set to "errors only", log to disk "on", restart HS, wait until all is initialized, turn log to disk "OFF", go to <hs root>\html\sonos\logs and copy/paste log file here UNMODIFIED.

Dirk

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Originally posted by doomngloom View Post

However, this line item in there im nut sure of the exact syntax to be added to the config file.
    You lost me, which line item?

First: I changed the multicast TTL setting from 1 to 4
    Where did you change that?

Leave a comment:

• doomngloom
    replied
    seems like they all now populated the missing sub devices after another device removal and readd. im thinking its a timing thing with the multiple interfaces and subnets. I went ahead and added the requested additions from the sonos page you mentioned. after going throght all the posts i added the below line items under the options.
    TCPListenerPort=12291
    SSDPListenerPort=1902

However, this line item in there im nut sure of the exact syntax to be added to the config file. i didnt see it anywhere in the posting and downloading the sonos plugin and chcecking its config to see if it there turns up nothing. can you point me in the right direction for that?
    First: I changed the multicast TTL setting from 1 to 4 , which should allow the multicast message to route beyond it first subnet.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• doomngloom
    replied
    it was an uninstall without removing the old files and then a reinstall to the same directory. i did however uninstall the plugin and remove all the plugin files manually prior to the uninstall and reinstall, and let the reinstall of the plugins recreate the necessary files including the config files.

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    How did you reinstall HS4? Did you cut & paste some files? Did you restore a full backup?
    I suspect that the PI's config file which is the MediaController.ini file in the config folder might be completely out of date with your HS4 database. Unless you think you restored a proper backup, you can stop HS4, delete the MediaController.ini file and start over. The PI will automatically delete any devices that are associated with the PI and you need to start over with adding devices. In absence of more info, it is the cleanest way to get going again.

Leave a comment:

• doomngloom
    replied
    sorry about all that. i was getting very frustrated with things not making sense. seems a windows update screwed up everything on the server. on top of that one of the other plugins i use seems to have gone kablooey and was locking up hs. I ended up reinstalling hs4 and things seem to be working back to the way it should be.

So a rundown of the current issues: i tried removing and readding the remote from the plugin config page a few times but that didnt seem to change anything.
    at one point i had sub devices called volume and mute???(i think) but now i only have the root device and a sub device called remote.
    when i select Retrieve App, Channel & Input Info nothing seems to happen. im attaching the verbose log from when i select it so you can check it out.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    I'm afraid you're going to have to share a lot more info for me to be able to help.

Did you start totally from scratch w HS4 or did you port some or all of the data from HS3 into HS4? If the latter, how did you do that? Perhaps the PI's config data wasn't copied?
    Did you try to use the delete/remove functions that you find in the device table to remove it and add again? Do you see errors in the log?

Leave a comment:

• doomngloom
    replied
    At the moment, the root device does not have the register, unregister, wol buttons, and the retrieve app button does nothing. It also doesnt always add the remote buttons options. when it does it doesnt populate the buttons. i have verbose turned on but nothing is in the log. its really confusing cause im not sure if this is an hs issue or the plugin issue

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Hey. Been out for a bit and then my Homeseer decided to go belly up and my config just up and disappearing. Ended up rolling the config back to June and upgrading to HS4. Seems this plugin doesnt work with HS4 so cant really do anything until it does
    Can you a bit more specific about the PI not working w HS4. It should. Make sure you have given it proper firewall allowance

Leave a comment:

• doomngloom
    replied
    Hey. Been out for a bit and then my Homeseer decided to go belly up and my config just up and disappearing. Ended up rolling the config back to June and upgrading to HS4. Seems this plugin doesnt work with HS4 so cant really do anything until it does

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Will do. I'll get them implemented and get back to you. It may take a few days since I've been swamped with work.
    great, I'll need to find some time to add some code to send WOL on the interface where the device was last seen

Leave a comment:

• doomngloom
    replied
    Will do. I'll get them implemented and get back to you. It may take a few days since I've been swamped with work.

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied

Absolutely. I would be more than happy to test it for you. Whats a little wireshark in the morning. lol
    .... but first .... you need to read up on that thread I posted above and make those changes in the .ini file

Leave a comment:

• doomngloom
    replied
    Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

I might be able to add some simple code to make this work, are you up to test this?
    Having that said, I think you would have to go through all the changes required to nail down your ports before you can make this reliably work.
    Thoughts?
    Absolutely. I would be more than happy to test it for you. Whats a little wireshark in the morning. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X