Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature Requests - MeiKu (Roku Monitor and Control)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Metadata?

    Is there any way to show the metadata of what is currently playing on the Roku? Also times (total media duration, where at now, % complete)? Thanks...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
      Is there any way to show the metadata of what is currently playing on the Roku? Also times (total media duration, where at now, % complete)? Thanks...
      Unfortunately no. The Roku doesn't expose that, though I wish they would. At minimum play state would work for me.
      Thanks,
      Frank

      Comment


      • #18
        Bummer - hopefully one day!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          I have one user trying it out. If it works I will adjust the updater file so that it shows up for linux. If not, I will contact you to add another person to test it out so that maybe it can happen quicker. I'm hopeful that it will "just work" the first time
          Any update on this? I'll re-offer to beta test!

          Comment


          • #20
            Linux should be fully supported as of 3.1.0.0. I believe this is what you are referring to.

            Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
            Thanks,
            Frank

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              Linux should be fully supported as of 3.1.0.0. I believe this is what you are referring to.

              Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
              Very good! Thank you!!
              Last edited by sirmeili; February 16th, 2018, 03:22 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bbuck2002 View Post
                Very good! Thank you!!
                Sorry, should have posted that here If you run into any issues, just let me know but I run it here on a linux version on a raspberry pi just fine and I know a few others are as well
                Thanks,
                Frank

                Comment


                • #23
                  I have 3 Roku TV's and plugin is working great so thank you for your work

                  Request: Be able to set sleep timer via event

                  I am currently doing this by using event with menu navigation which works most of the time but thought maybe there was a way to access sleep timer directly,

                  Thank You, Steven G

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by steveng View Post
                    I have 3 Roku TV's and plugin is working great so thank you for your work

                    Request: Be able to set sleep timer via event

                    I am currently doing this by using event with menu navigation which works most of the time but thought maybe there was a way to access sleep timer directly,

                    Thank You, Steven G
                    I will check the API and let you know
                    Thanks,
                    Frank

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The WakeUp feature has been working great for me with my Roku TVs. Can we get this exposed in the events so I can use it with Alexa?

                      TIA

                      Edit: was the plugin pulled for some reason? I don't see it in the list anymore.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
                        The WakeUp feature has been working great for me with my Roku TVs. Can we get this exposed in the events so I can use it with Alexa?

                        TIA

                        Edit: was the plugin pulled for some reason? I don't see it in the list anymore.
                        NOpe, the plugin should still be there. I'll check it out and I'll add the power on/off and toggles to the main control device.

                        Edit: It is in fact missing. I will have to contact homeseer and see why.
                        Thanks,
                        Frank

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Your plugin works great! Nice Job!

                          I would also like to request the "Wake" feature to be added to the control list. I have two of these TVs and your BETA appears to work perfectly.

                          Thank you

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by masterstyx View Post
                            Your plugin works great! Nice Job!

                            I would also like to request the "Wake" feature to be added to the control list. I have two of these TVs and your BETA appears to work perfectly.

                            Thank you
                            The PowerON and PowerToggle commands should be added. I'm going to run this as a beta to make sure the buttons get added so you'll have to get the update from the Beta section of the updater (towards the bottom).

                            Once you've updated and started the plugin, it should add them to the command device at the bottom of the buttons. They should work just like the beta buttons in the settings. If they don't let me know. I don't have a Roku TV yet to test (waiting on the 2018 TCL models to come out in May).

                            (If you have issues, can you please post them in the release thread for this version: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1361483)
                            Thanks,
                            Frank

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                              The PowerON and PowerToggle commands should be added. I'm going to run this as a beta to make sure the buttons get added so you'll have to get the update from the Beta section of the updater (towards the bottom).

                              Once you've updated and started the plugin, it should add them to the command device at the bottom of the buttons. They should work just like the beta buttons in the settings. If they don't let me know. I don't have a Roku TV yet to test (waiting on the 2018 TCL models to come out in May).

                              (If you have issues, can you please post them in the release thread for this version: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1361483)
                              I installed the beta this evening and can confirm that on my TCL model 65S401, the Power On, Power Off and Power Toggle commands all work great.

                              Thanks a lot for adding this! One less room that needs IR for me now!

                              Thanks again!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by harshl View Post
                                I installed the beta this evening and can confirm that on my TCL model 65S401, the Power On, Power Off and Power Toggle commands all work great.

                                Thanks a lot for adding this! One less room that needs IR for me now!

                                Thanks again!
                                That is awesome news! I'll release it as a full version in the next couple of days
                                Thanks,
                                Frank

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X