• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it run in Linux?

Just curious.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Just curious.
    I'm trying to add Linux support now. My first tester couldn't get it started so I'm gonna try and set up homeseer on a raspberry pi here and see if I can figure it out. I don't see why it shouldn't but it's not right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you Frank.

I can test too if you want here.

Easiest to test is initially starting Homeseer 3 in Linux and manually running the plugin in a separate terminal session using the command mono plugin.exe.

The terminal window - console will show a bit a granularity and or any issues connecting to the core or nomenclature issues.

Historically I have seen just a few nomenclature issues between Windows and Linux plugins. The backward slash "\" versus the forward slash "/" stuff.

Running two HS3 machines here in Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. One ARM and one Intel CPU and same Mono version 5.4X

Yesterday on a lark tested my Omni Pro / Samsung Omni Plugin / Amazon Alexa / Roku stuff and it worked. The Samsung Hub works indirectly with the Omni Plugin / OmniPanel. Current posted Samsung Roku plugin works only with a running iOS or Android smart phone plugin.

Curious where the name MeiKu came from?

Here kept (not using these days) the original Roku media box (really all audio). Same as a bunch of old audio stuff (like my Nakamichi Dragon or Marantz SD-9000)
      Last edited by Pete; December 9, 2017, 12:29 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I had a quick go with the plugin on Linux. I got an error "Warning, Cannot load EXE (possibly missing dependencies). Could be down to "\" vs "/" when trying to find some of the dlls. I've written a couple of plugins in the past and got them to run in both Windows and Linux. If I can help in any way, let me know!

-David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
          I had a quick go with the plugin on Linux. I got an error "Warning, Cannot load EXE (possibly missing dependencies). Could be down to "\" vs "/" when trying to find some of the dlls. I've written a couple of plugins in the past and got them to run in both Windows and Linux. If I can help in any way, let me know!

-David
          Yeah, the version in the updater isn't updated for Linux. If you want to PM me your email address, I'll send you a version that is 95% (just has a small issue with some of the status images).

You were right though. The plugin in the updater won't load because of the "/" vs "\" in the config file (you could fix it manually, but then the plugin will fail to add the status images for the apps in the version in the updater).
          Last edited by sirmeili; December 15, 2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

any updates on linux? I'm happy to help test, I'm very well versed in linux.
            Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, I must've forgot to update this thread. The plug-in should work just fine on Linux now. There is a 30 day trial and it should be in the updater.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X