Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get an error in log every minute...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Get an error in log every minute...

    This may not be a big deal but working to keep my logs clean. Every minute, I get a log error that there is an error getting the active app. I have around 8 Roku's so I am not sure which one is generating the error. Sometimes I see more than one entry meaning I suppose multiple Roku's have issues.

    Anything to be concerned about? Also would be nice to have log entries reference the device...

    Thanks,
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
    This may not be a big deal but working to keep my logs clean. Every minute, I get a log error that there is an error getting the active app. I have around 8 Roku's so I am not sure which one is generating the error. Sometimes I see more than one entry meaning I suppose multiple Roku's have issues.

    Anything to be concerned about? Also would be nice to have log entries reference the device...

    Thanks,
    I will look into this. My plug-in is missing from the updater for some reason, so I may have to provide you a zip and update override file.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks,
    Frank

    Comment


    • #3
      @rileydogmi,

      I added some debugging including now having the IP of the hub show in the log. I am also attempting to dump out the XML (which appears to be malformed according to the message). Please turn on debugging and send me the logs. If you want to send it via email, just PM me and I'll send you my email address.

      You can get the new version (3.1.2.1) here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194452
      Thanks,
      Frank

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks - good news - I haven't seen the error for a few days now and I think I know what is happening. I am moving away from another home control product that also has a Roku control plugin. I thought I shut that down but it turns out it was still running. Once I shut that down the errors went away! I suspect there was cross chatter or competing gets or something. After a few days of errors it dawned on me to check after I turned this off yesterday the errors went away.

        If I see the errors crop up again I will turn the debug on and get you the logs.

        Thanks!

        Comment


        • #5
          Glad to hear it!

          If possible can you tell me what the other product was (you can PM me it if you want). I want to try and reproduce to see why it would do that (I don't see why it would). Obviously this won't be high priority, I'm just curious
          Thanks,
          Frank

          Comment


          • #6
            Seeing the same error...

            Hello,

            I am seeing this same error:
            MeiKu There was a problem trying to get the active app. There is an error in XML document (4, 15).

            I have 4 Roku devices and the one producing this error is a TCL TV with Roku built in. I have the TCL TV "Fast TV Start" enabled, which essentially keeps the Roku in the TV live at all times and simply turns the panel on and off so it is reachable even when the TV is off.

            I see this error in the HS3 logs regardless of the power state of the TV though, so that may not even be related.

            Anything I can provide to help figure out why this is happening?

            Windows 10 OS
            HS3 3.0.0.368
            Meiku 3.1.2.0
            TV is a TCL 65S401
            Roku TV is 7113X
            Roku in question shows software version 8.0.0 build 4156-30

            Thanks,
            -Landon

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by harshl View Post
              Hello,

              I am seeing this same error:
              MeiKu There was a problem trying to get the active app. There is an error in XML document (4, 15).

              I have 4 Roku devices and the one producing this error is a TCL TV with Roku built in. I have the TCL TV "Fast TV Start" enabled, which essentially keeps the Roku in the TV live at all times and simply turns the panel on and off so it is reachable even when the TV is off.

              I see this error in the HS3 logs regardless of the power state of the TV though, so that may not even be related.

              Anything I can provide to help figure out why this is happening?

              Windows 10 OS
              HS3 3.0.0.368
              Meiku 3.1.2.0
              TV is a TCL 65S401
              Roku TV is 7113X
              Roku in question shows software version 8.0.0 build 4156-30

              Thanks,
              -Landon
              Chances are your TV has an "input" I'm not expecting or something similar. Can you turn on debugging (the checkbox). Then let the plugin run until you know the error has occurred. You can then find the log in /Logs/MeiKu.log in the homeseer install directory Just zip it up and attach it here, or you can PM me and I'll give you my email.

              Another thing you can do is run this from any browser and send me the resulting xml:

              http://[ip of your roku]:8060/query/active-app

              Where [ip of your roku] is the Ip address of your roku. You can find this in the MeiKu config under the Rokus tab in the location column for that device.


              Edit: Another xml you can grab me to help prevent back and forth is: http://[ip of your roku]:8060/query/apps
              Thanks,
              Frank

              Comment


              • #8
                Here is the response from the query from a web browser. I will gather the logs and get those to you shortly.

                This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
                <active-app>
                <app id="12" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="4.2.90479014">Netflix</app>
                </active-app>

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by harshl View Post
                  Here is the response from the query from a web browser. I will gather the logs and get those to you shortly.

                  This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
                  <active-app>
                  <app id="12" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="4.2.90479014">Netflix</app>
                  </active-app>
                  That's odd as there is nothing wrong with the XML. Are you sure this is the correct Roku and that when you requested this the error was occurring (not necessarily at that exact moment).

                  I will double check that section of the code tonight.
                  Thanks,
                  Frank

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    That's odd as there is nothing wrong with the XML. Are you sure this is the correct Roku and that when you requested this the error was occurring (not necessarily at that exact moment).

                    I will double check that section of the code tonight.
                    I will also release 3.1.2.1 to the updater in the beta section which includes more debugging around that area. Or you can grab it from the post linked to above.
                    Thanks,
                    Frank

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                      That's odd as there is nothing wrong with the XML. Are you sure this is the correct Roku and that when you requested this the error was occurring (not necessarily at that exact moment).

                      I will double check that section of the code tonight.
                      The error shows up between two serial numbers. Now that I am looking at the debug log with more precise time stamps, I believe it is actually not the TCL TV, but is a Roku 4 Ultra. Regardless, I ran that query against all 4 Rokus and all seem to provide a valid response without issue every time I run it.

                      Here is the web output from the Roku4 Ultra which seems to be the actual device in question:
                      <active-app>
                      <app>Roku</app>
                      <screensaver id="72728" subtype="sdka" type="ssvr" version="2.3.47">Photo Collage</screensaver>
                      </active-app>

                      Attached is my log, I have replaced the serial numbers with a unique string for each device, otherwise the log is unedited.

                      Thanks,
                      -Landon
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by harshl View Post
                        The error shows up between two serial numbers. Now that I am looking at the debug log with more precise time stamps, I believe it is actually not the TCL TV, but is a Roku 4 Ultra. Regardless, I ran that query against all 4 Rokus and all seem to provide a valid response without issue every time I run it.

                        Here is the web output from the Roku4 Ultra which seems to be the actual device in question:
                        <active-app>
                        <app>Roku</app>
                        <screensaver id="72728" subtype="sdka" type="ssvr" version="2.3.47">Photo Collage</screensaver>
                        </active-app>

                        Attached is my log, I have replaced the serial numbers with a unique string for each device, otherwise the log is unedited.

                        Thanks,
                        -Landon
                        I will get something out tonight to either fix it or give us more information. I'm aiming for the former though so that we can put this to bed.
                        Thanks,
                        Frank

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                          I will get something out tonight to either fix it or give us more information. I'm aiming for the former though so that we can put this to bed.
                          Awesome! Thanks a lot for the great plugin!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by harshl View Post
                            Awesome! Thanks a lot for the great plugin!
                            I released a fix for this. See the release notes here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1359524


                            note that it will be in the "Beta" section of the updater in HomeSeer so we can make sure this works for you (I tested it with your XML, so I'm confident it will, but just in case).
                            Thanks,
                            Frank

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                              I released a fix for this. See the release notes here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1359524


                              note that it will be in the "Beta" section of the updater in HomeSeer so we can make sure this works for you (I tested it with your XML, so I'm confident it will, but just in case).
                              I have installed and confirmed that this did fix my issue. I no longer receive an error in the logs since installing the beta.

                              Once this release is pushed to the production channel do I just reinstall that over the top of the beta to get back to the production channel for future updates?

                              Thanks for the quick response and update!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X