Meiku Button support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meiku Button support

Overall, I am very satisfied with the Meiku Roku plugin and use constantly to control my access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, and PlayStation Vue. I am challenged in finding the right command within each of these streaming products to backup. Specifically, when in PlayStation Vue, there are times that I want to back up to top tier functions like search, guide, or MyDVR. Unfortunately, I have not found the proper command. Please advise.

I don't have PlayStation View, so I'm not quite sure I understand your question. The buttons available on the Roku are quite limited (They like to keep it simple). If you can do it via the remote, then you can do it via the plugin.

Can you do it via the Remote?
    Thanks,
    Frank

Comment

Sirmeili, sorry for the slow response… I have been reworking much of my Homeseer install and working on integrating a security system.

So, here is where I am with the plugin. For the most part I really like the plugin. It has been working very well. To take full advantage of the features you provide, I created a dedicated screen for the Roku management, (directional controls, play, etc. are working). I also created dedicated buttons for Amazon videos, NetFlix, Hulu, Playstation Vue, Pandora, YouTube, iHeart, One America News, HGTV, and SYFY…. Things worked very well for a long time and then, without warning, the buttons seems to execute the item from the list that was one up… (not all of them but most). I was wondering if the enumeration of the listed items shown within the Homeseer device page could have somehow changed?

Comment

Originally posted by morrisdlx View Post
        Sirmeili, sorry for the slow response… I have been reworking much of my Homeseer install and working on integrating a security system.

So, here is where I am with the plugin. For the most part I really like the plugin. It has been working very well. To take full advantage of the features you provide, I created a dedicated screen for the Roku management, (directional controls, play, etc. are working). I also created dedicated buttons for Amazon videos, NetFlix, Hulu, Playstation Vue, Pandora, YouTube, iHeart, One America News, HGTV, and SYFY…. Things worked very well for a long time and then, without warning, the buttons seems to execute the item from the list that was one up… (not all of them but most). I was wondering if the enumeration of the listed items shown within the Homeseer device page could have somehow changed?
        That could be. I'll check the code and get back to you. I get the channel IDs from the Roku itself, so unless the IDs changed in the Roku I'm not sure. Can you check your HSTouch and compare the values? If they are off by one that would do it, but the values for the channels are not 1-10. they are unique numbers provided by the Roku. I compared 2 of my rokus active app devices and the IDs were consistent across the devices for any given channel.

For instance, Netflix should be 12, Amazon prime Video is 13 and Hulu should be 2285.

Thanks,
        Frank

Comment

I went into device manager, to the Meiku Active Apps device and found the device ids listed. Ok, first thing there are two Meiku - Active App devices listed and associated ref two ref numbers. When I click on the Meiku - Active App hyper link in the Name column I get a list of valid values. So... here is where things get strange. If I select something from the list of valid values under device management the system properly …. except for three... Pandora, YouTube, and Hallmark.

Now to do some additional analysis, I loaded the MediaController plugin and selected the same problem channels and they came up. At this point until I can figure out what is going on, I am using Meiku for the vast majority of my Roku management with MediaController providing access to these last items until I can resolve things... (gotta keep wife happy)…

Comment

Working...
          X