Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two plugin requests

Hi,

Would like to request two minor changes to the plugin (well one change and one minor fix)

a) On your config page I think you forgot to set suppressDefaultFooter = True, as the footer is displayed twice
    b) Can you kindly fix your logging to log to a single file (instead of a daily file) OR add an option to delete daily files older than X? I found after months of running the plugin the log directory filled with lots of small files. I think a delete after 'x' days would be fine if you prefer the daily logs, but if you don't care just one on going log would be ideal.

Thanks
    Bill

Yeah, I hate that log4net doesn't allow for file pruning. I'm working on a method to delete files older then x days. You don't need to run debug logging all the time though, but I realize this feature still needs to be added as even I forget and leave it on.

As to the double footer, If I set that to false, it removes both. I have some weird bug. I'm on the middle of a rewrite to use a new plugin framework I wrote. I hope it will be fixed on that as my other plugin doesn't have that issue and uses my framework.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try and get them out asap for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks,
    Frank

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      Yeah, I hate that log4net doesn't allow for file pruning. I'm working on a method to delete files older then x days. You don't need to run debug logging all the time though, but I realize this feature still needs to be added as even I forget and leave it on.

As to the double footer, If I set that to false, it removes both. I have some weird bug. I'm on the middle of a rewrite to use a new plugin framework I wrote. I hope it will be fixed on that as my other plugin doesn't have that issue and uses my framework.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try and get them out asap for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      Thanks, FYI I don't have logging on, but the logger still creates the file daily (just 3 bytes). If ti was actually logging for debug purposes I would have ignored it, its more that its not logging but still creating empty files each day...

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

Thanks, FYI I don't have logging on, but the logger still creates the file daily (just 3 bytes). If ti was actually logging for debug purposes I would have ignored it, its more that its not logging but still creating empty files each day...
        ouch. ok. I need to solve that. I don't know why it would create a file if it's not using it.
        Thanks,
        Frank

Comment

Working...
        X