Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Voice control - working for anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltek
    replied
    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

That's dependent on HomeSeer and Google/Amazon to expose those. I know Google has Media commands, but as far as i know, HomeSeer can't or hasn't added them for their devices. I can set the type to the correct media types in HomeSeer and if they ever do expose it, it should make it easier

*This was my first plugin so I learned a lot, but during the rewrite I'll be fixing some newbie mistakes.
    Just saw this Alexa skill... Quick Remote ... made to control Roku. I'm going to try that.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Cool. Not sure what's possible but some other basic voice commands would be great too... Back, Home, Pause, Volume, etc
    That's dependent on HomeSeer and Google/Amazon to expose those. I know Google has Media commands, but as far as i know, HomeSeer can't or hasn't added them for their devices. I can set the type to the correct media types in HomeSeer and if they ever do expose it, it should make it easier

*This was my first plugin so I learned a lot, but during the rewrite I'll be fixing some newbie mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Cool. Not sure what's possible but some other basic voice commands would be great too... Back, Home, Pause, Volume, etc

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    I am doing a rewrite of the plugin to use the same plugin library I wrote (to make making plugins easier). While i'm in it, I'll fix this so that for future use, power on/off are have the correct values set

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    yup, Control Use was not set on any of them. Works now, thx

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    So, it will only do on or off devices. Go to the status graphics page and select "Control Use" for the on/off. I may not be setting those correctly. You need to have one for On and one for Off.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    started a topic Alexa Voice control - working for anyone?

Alexa Voice control - working for anyone?

I'm just trying to get basic on/off working

set the 'control' device, enabled Voice Command and set the Voice Command to "TV" ... Alexa is not Discovering it... but she does for all other HS3 devices?

thx for the help
Working...
X