Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event trigger "changes and becomes Any Value" firing on EVERY Poll

sirmeili
    I'm trying to Send Notifications when something has changed but its not working as it should (see screenshot)
    ... I watched this trigger once per minute for 15 minutes but the TV had been, and still was, completely off for hours.

What could be causing HS3 to think the value changed, when it does not?

Are you clearing the value and re-writing it? Maybe you can check the value and only write it if the value is different?

Attached Files

I think sirmeili said this plugin is in a rewrite process. For my part I had to rely on sending http post ( with big5 plugin) to the roku api...to mimick remote button press. But, In your case... It would be simpler with the plugin.

Comment

I am not clearing it and rewriting it that i know of, but I'll check. I think the rewrite is good enough for at least a beta, so I will release that tonight. I will also try this test locally and see if I can reproduce and if so figure out a way to fix it.

Thanks,
      Frank

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        I am not clearing it and rewriting it that i know of, but I'll check. I think the rewrite is good enough for at least a beta, so I will release that tonight. I will also try this test locally and see if I can reproduce and if so figure out a way to fix it.

Thanks,
        Frank
        Cool, thanks... need this to monitor what the kids are doing

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

Cool, thanks... need this to monitor what the kids are doing
          Completely understand. MeiKu was my first plugin and I made lots of mistakes Hopefully most of those are now fixed.

Comment

I think I remember this is a bug in the "changes and becomes" trigger, when used with "Any value" it does not check if the value has actually changed.
            Did you try "This device has a value that just changed" instead ?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              I think I remember this is a bug in the "changes and becomes" trigger, when used with "Any value" it does not check if the value has actually changed.
              Did you try "This device has a value that just changed" instead ?
              I didnt, was trying to solve it with ET. but would need to have y "This device has a value that just changed" and then add a specific value on the next condition or can I do 'any value'?

Comment

Working...
              X