Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger Events based on remote commands / roku 'state'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Events based on remote commands / roku 'state'?

Looking for way to trigger HS events based on states like: Play, Pause, etc.

thx

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Looking for way to trigger HS events based on states like: Play, Pause, etc.

thx
    If you have Node-RED the closest you can get is this : https://flows.nodered.org/flow/512ceba64ac94614558e4802c19c77aa Import the nodes and edit them to your roku IP then connect them to one of the MQTT plugins in HomeSeer.
    Node-RED solves the problem of not having a "certain" plugin.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thx. I'll consder

Comment

The Roku does not send out play state like that. If you only control it via the plugin yo ucan do it because the plugin sends that info out, but if you control it out side of HS this can't be done from what I know. I'm not even sure if Eman's suggestion above will work as it states "This flow controls my Roku and provides for a simple remote control" It doesn't say that it monitors the play state.

Comment

sirmeili
          Looks like we need to do automation based on the media software (Kodi, Emby, etc). Spud's Kodi plugin works great... asking him to add Emby compat to the Kodi plugin since it basically does the same thing. Hope he will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
            sirmeili
            Looks like we need to do automation based on the media software (Kodi, Emby, etc). Spud's Kodi plugin works great... asking him to add Emby compat to the Kodi plugin since it basically does the same thing. Hope he will.
            I found out the new version of Emby is already doing "Webhooks" but what I have not done before is that The plug in HomeSeer is the other way around. May we should ask the dev to make it two way. Right now it sends out events from HomeSeer but not in. Maybe am doing sothining wrong with the URL. If you find out just share with the community

More on that here : https://sendgrid.com/blog/whats-webhook/

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

I found out the new version of Emby is already doing "Webhooks" but what I have not done before is that The plug in HomeSeer is the other way around. May we should ask the dev to make it two way. Right now it sends out events from HomeSeer but not in. Maybe am doing sothining wrong with the URL. If you find out just share with the community

More on that here : https://sendgrid.com/blog/whats-webhook/

Eman.
              Emby has a JSON API (like Kodi does)... different, and more robust, than Webhooks. Which is why I asked spud to add Emby support to the Kodi plugin.

Comment

Working...
              X