Issues controlling TCL Roku TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues controlling TCL Roku TV

I am unable to control my TV using this plugin. I must have set something up incorrectly as the plugin can see if the TV is online or not.
    The big thing I was hoping to do is to turn on and off the tv. I have run the suggested http query and it does support WOL. I have enabled
    debugging but can't find the debug file. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Roku.png Views:	0 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	1368385

Thanks

Update: Issue resolved. Sorry for the distraction
    Don

Hey donstephens I'm glad you got it working! If you don't mind, post the issue in case it helps someone else
    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Well, I wish I could say what I did to get everything to work, but I don't have a clue.
      Don

Comment

Hi, I just installed a TCL Roku TV on my porch. I would like to use this to check if the TV is on and turn it off. It looks like there is a power toggle option. I don't want to issue the toggle unless I know the TV is on. Is this possible? Or is there a discrete on and off command? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          Hi, I just installed a TCL Roku TV on my porch. I would like to use this to check if the TV is on and turn it off. It looks like there is a power toggle option. I don't want to issue the toggle unless I know the TV is on. Is this possible? Or is there a discrete on and off command? Thanks.
          You should have discreet power on/off buttons as well as the toggle. In this case you can just send the poweroff and it won't have an affect if it's already off.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-10_9-09-09.png
Views:	116
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1392603
          MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Great - thanks - ordering now

Comment

ok, everything installed. App switching works. Control does not. I swear I had it working in the beginning but can't be positive at this point.

This is what I see when I send poweroff:
              Jun-15 3:51:17 PM Debug Sending command control to device type HSPI_Meiku.Devices.RokuMediaStateDevice
              Jun-15 3:51:17 PM Debug SetIOMulti: Checking device type for command HSPI_Meiku.Devices.RokuMediaStateDevice
              Happy to do some testing as needed? Thanks.

Comment

I fixed it - had to remove the Roku from meiku, re-add, and it seems to work

Comment

sorry it took me so long to get back. I've been working 13+ hours at work due to a big release and I'm just now getting to checking emails/forums. I would have to check why it would not work unless the IP changed. Do you have the IP reserved in your router for the roku?
                  MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

I did not have it setup for a static IP. However, the IP is the same on both the Roku device and in the plugin. I have now set it up as a static IP with the same number. As mentioned, I can load apps using the plugin, so it is definitely getting through to the TV. However all of the Control elements appear not to work. When I previously deleted the device from the plugin it did work at first but then lost the ability to control the device later on. Anything I can do to help diagnose this? Thanks.

Comment

I have the same issue about it being able to switch apps but control is not working. I have an Hisense Roku TV. I also have Roku Sticks around the house and control works as advertised. It just seems the Roku TVs have issues.

Comment

sirmeili Something is def wrong with comms to/from TCLs.. I have 2 TVs and connectivity/status has been sporadic while my independent Roku has been perfect with the PI.

For instance, the Apps and update times on the devices are correct but the Parent device for them shows 'offline' even when they are on and being used.

I also noticed the IP addresses are incorrect, MACs are correct. I tried adding the correct IPs as 'new' and the PI does nothing.

Comment

I can confirm that the plugin is able to communicate to the Roku without any problems as the app loading functionality works. It is only the control functions that are not working. As stated before I did get it the control functions to work when I originally installed it, and again when I removed and re-discovered it. But this doesn't seem to last. I am happy to do this again for debugging purposes if useful? Thanks.

Comment

I will check. I have a TCL TV here. I should be able to see if something changed in the firmware. I'll check over the next couple of days.
                            MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                              I will check. I have a TCL TV here. I should be able to see if something changed in the firmware. I'll check over the next couple of days.
                              Any news? My TCLs show the wrong IP address still

Comment

Working...
                              X