Upgrade related Meiku disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade related Meiku disconnect

I recently migrated to HS4, (now on newest build 4.1). I also upgraded to the newest Meiku release. Now, none of the HSTouch created commands for Meiku function. I believe it is some type of device identification issue but am not sure where to look next. Below are the Meiku specific log entries. What do I need to do to point to the proper device version?

7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Device (927) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Headphones does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Issue checking child device (927) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Headphones
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Device (926) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Control does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Issue checking child device (926) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Control
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Device (925) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Active App does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Issue checking child device (925) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Active App
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Device (927) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Headphones is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Issue checking parent device (924) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu -
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Device (926) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Control is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Issue checking parent device (924) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu -
    7/09/2020 11:53:56 HomeSeer Warning Device (925) MeiKu MeiKu MeiKu - Active App is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

7/09/2020 11:53:55 HomeSeer Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MeiKu
    7/09/2020 11:53:55 HomeSeer Starting Plug-In MeiKu loaded in 5400 milliseconds
    7/09/2020 11:53:51 HomeSeer Starting Plug-In Plugin MeiKu started successfully in 1561 milliseconds
    7/09/2020 11:53:50 HomeSeer Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MeiKu ...
    7/09/2020 11:53:50 HomeSeer Info Plugin MeiKu has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:62764
    7/09/2020 11:53:27 HomeSeer Plug-In Found plug-in: MeiKu, version: 3.2.0.9

I have an issue in the newest version where the "control" device gets a setting set wrong. I'm releasing a fix tonight.
    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Ok, sorry, I thought this was another issue. How old is your install of MeiKu?

(though I think your issue wiht your commands is fixed in 3.2.0.10, it's not related to those log entries)
      MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        Ok, sorry, I thought this was another issue. How old is your install of MeiKu?

(though I think your issue wiht your commands is fixed in 3.2.0.10, it's not related to those log entries)
        I noted the 3.2.0.10 upgrade. I was on 3.2.0.09. I disabled the plugin, upgraded, and restarted it. Things are... bizarre. The when I go to the device list I can execute control commands. When I attempt to use the pre-existing HSTOUCH interface, the only thing that works ... is the BACK command. I have no directional functions, no select... nothing. This is the device list.

Comment

Any help would be appreciated.... I had forgotten how complicated it had gotten getting multiple HDMI sources configured and really like using your plugin to control my ROKU.

Comment

I'm not familiar with HS4 yet. Are you saying the commands work from the HS web UI, but not from HSTouch?
            MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              I'm not familiar with HS4 yet. Are you saying the commands work from the HS web UI, but not from HSTouch?
              Correct. In HS4, on the devices page, I am able to control my ROKU using the devices created by the Meiku plugin. My HS3Touch designed UI functioned under HS3 with previous Meiku plugin version. I upgraded my Meiku plugin as the last step in my migration to HS4. The really confusing thing is that the "back" command functions from the HS3Touch created UI... I am confused as to why one command would work and others stop when nothing changed in the UI and the commands are the same.

Comment

Of note, I have also tried a rescan to hopefully refresh apps and commands.

Comment

Ok... understanding I consider myself a novice... I opened HSTouch Designer made a copy of my past functional UI, and started modifying my ROKU screen. I assigned icons to other devices (like amp volume) saved them, tested the change, then went back in and started reassigning back to their ROKU functions.... and am having some success. UP, DOWN, and some of the Active App options are working. I will continue to mess with it but, it seems that there is some linkage to legacy device IDs... ot something... dunno.

Comment

Ok, it seems like an upgrade issue to HS4 or and HSTouch issue, but i"m glad you figured it out.

BTW...Howdy Neighbor! (see you're in Tampa I'm about 2 hours away)
                    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Working...
                    X