DVD Collection updated for hs 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Collection updated for hs 2.0

I got the dvd collection script updated for 2.0 The package is in the updater now. If any previous users who have updated to 2.0 would like to test it. I would apreciate it. This is an updated version that has the code for playing dvd's from file or dvd changers and ir with homeseer. Let me know if anyone has any problems.

Thanks for the updated scripts, one very very small point is the strDestImagePath within the ini file is automatically setup up as

strDestImagePath=c:\program files\HomeSeer\html\images\dvd

instead of

strDestImagePath=c:\program files\HomeSeer 2\html\images\dvd

come to think of it the strpath is the same but you do say to change that one in the quick setup guide.

Thanks once again for the brilliant scripts and asp's.
    Lance

Comment

One other point - When you click the image to get the Full DVD info I get the following error

response.write "','DVDWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status =no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width="

The dvd image comes up but that is it apart from the error above?
      Lance

Comment

Hi Lance,

I suspect the error may be from a missing collection number.
        Try this version of the popup.asp page. Just drop it in your html/dvds folder. If This doesn't fix it. Feel free to email me about it.
        Attached Files

Comment

DVD Collection VR Not Working

I can't seem to get the VR working for the DVD Collection scripts. The DvdVrInstall script runs without producing any errors; however, when I look at the resulting DVDsVR script does not have anything listed in the Voice Command line.

The other parts of the scripting and web pages seems to be working fine.

What do you need me to provide to help troubleshoot?

--John

Comment

Hi Lance,

Try this version of the popup.asp page. Just drop it in your html/dvds folder. If This doesn't fix it. Feel free to email me about it.
            <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
            The new popup.asp fixed this proplem.
            Thanks,

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Caldwell
              Hi Lance,

Thanks new asp has fixed my error
              Lance

Comment

John,
                I found out what was causing the vr commands not to get installed. I sent a fixed version in for the updater. I also added a web page for editing all the options in the ini file. For those who use the dvd's collection scripts to play the movies. I Also added a new vr script for playing dvds by name.

Comment

What is the new version number. This way we can tell when it has been posted to the updater.
                  Thanks,

T.

Comment

The new version is 2.6 If someone really wants to try it before then. They can send me an email, I'll email a copy of zip and some simple install instructions.

Comment

Does anyone know how to make DVD Collection available to guest logins without giving guest access to "Watch" the DVD and also without giving guest access to get into the DVDs Setup?

If I turn on guest, then any guest connections from the WAN can manipulate my DVD settings.

Jeff

Comment

Is there a way to enable it to play .iso disc images? I have stored all of my movies this way and would hate to have to re-encode them all. Also, what decides whether it tries to play a disc or a file?
                        Last edited by ; September 4, 2005, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Jeff,
                          I'll look into adding code to disable guestview of the watch link and setup.

MeSteve,
                          Quite a while ago I asked if there was any benefit to using iso over the ifo file format but had no takers on the question. There are a couple of settings in the ini file that enables playing dvd's from file or dvd changers and IR. If Homeseer is setup for IR use, that is. I could add an option to play the iso files. As long as the files are saved with the same titles as listed in the Dvd Profiler xml file. I've been working on the recipe package and need a break from it. I've been 3 days trying to get a file to upload to the server from a asp.net page. Nothing seems to work. Updating the dvds package will give me a break from my problem.

Comment

I appreciate you looking at the .iso's, I just like the idea of the movie being in one file instead of 30. I saw the settings in the .ini but if you have both a DVD changer and a file server, how does it know if the movie is a folder or a changer?

Comment

At the moment. If both IR and file play is enabled. It just sends both commands. I think I have the iso support added now. I just assume in the script, that iso's will be in the folder path set in the ini file. So the script will try to launch the file such as "path/moviename.iso" to play it. This works fine for me using Media Player Classic. Media Player Classic supports playing iso's ,ifos and about any file you can think of. If I get a little time tomorrow evening. I'll try and get it sent in for the updater.

Comment

Working...
                              X