No announcement yet.

DVD Collection updated for hs 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more questions. Is the player hardcoded or will it play the system default player? As I don't have any movies on the system I am testing with I can't tell. Is there any support for multi-disc sets like a TV series? Or do you have a work-around?

Comment

DVD collection update

Steve
      The script just tries to launch the file. So whatever program you have in windows associated with that file type will load it. In my case Media Player Classic. I never thought about box set type dvd's. I don't have any myself so I don't really even know how dvd profiler handles this. Does Profiler use different collection numbers per dvd? Or one for the whole set? I do have the update ready. If someone would like to help test it before I send it in for the hs updater. They can email me and I'll send them a copy and a simple install instruction.

This update has the iso file support, A update to remove guest access to admin pages/watch link and a bug fix for the VR Install creating more than one VR event.

Comment

From what I can tell on my Stargate box collections it only assigns one collection number to the box set. I've copied the XML for one of my box sets and attached it to this reply in case it would be of value you to you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, It appears that one collection number refers to the entire set. But, I do have them assigned to different slots in my changer. I don't know if you have the ability to reference that or not.

Comment

The only way I can see that may play a box set is if Dvd Profiler can handle each dvd as a seperate collection number. To use ir and changers. The slot numbers much match the collection number in Dvd Profilers xml file. At the moment this is the only work around I can see.

Comment

I tried that, but unfortunatly I couldn't get DVD Profiler to allow me to add more than one copy of a boxset.

Comment

Multilple drives...

In the old DVD collection script post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...dvd+collection, posts #121 through #124 talk about being able to play movies on mutiple drives. I can't seem to get this to work.

In the INI file I changed:
                Moviepath=F:\My Movies
                to
                Moviepath=F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies

From what I read in the post listed above this should have worked, but I get the following error in my HS 2.0 log - file is:F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\Braveheart\Video_TS\Video_TS.ifo

So I can see it's not looking in both drives but rather using the Moviepath literally. Has anyone gotten this to work or know of a workaround?

This is my favorite script so I really hope multiple drives is a possibility!

Thanks for your time.
                Bryan
                Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Your right. When updating the script, I forgot about that feature. Try this version. Just drop it in your html/dvds folder.

let me know how it works.
                  Last edited by ; September 16, 2005, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I tried that, but unfortunatly I couldn't get DVD Profiler to allow me to add more than one copy of a boxset.
                    You'll want to create (manually) new entries. Perhaps copy / paste, rename "movie-1", "movie-2", "movie-3", etc., and add the slot #. If you get really ambitious, you can watermark the images creating "xxxxx-1.jpg", "xxxxx-2.jpg", "xxxxx-3.jpg", with the 1, 2, 3 pale over top of the original images. Just keep in mind, if you submit the updates, it will potentially mess up someone else.

Anyone found a better way? Maybe create a /dvds/boxset/collection.xml with a separate collection that gets JOINed with the main collection in the dvd asp routines, addressable with another image and xml folder.

I'll be happy to update the image updater to include such an option if so desired.

huggy
                    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Multiple Drives

Originally posted by Tom Caldwell
                      Your right. When updating the script, I forgot about that feature. Try this version. Just drop it in your html/dvds folder.

let me know how it works.
                      Sorry Tom, still getting an error:

9/16/2005 7:45:01 PM - Error - Launching application: F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO->Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "Launch_16-Sep-2005 19:45:01.1250_F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO" Key being added: "Launch_16-Sep-2005 19:45:01.1250_F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO"
                      9/16/2005 7:45:01 PM - Error - Launching application (LaunchAppThread): The system cannot find the file specified
                      9/16/2005 7:45:01 PM - Error (cont) - File is:F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO and params is:
                      9/16/2005 7:45:01 PM - Error - Launching application (LaunchAppThread): The system cannot find the file specified
                      9/16/2005 7:45:01 PM - Error (cont) - File is:F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO and params is:

This is what I have in my dvds.ini file:
                      ;base path for movie files.
                      ;the script assumes the movies are in subfolders here
                      ;with the folder name the same as the dvd.
                      moviepath=F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies

Thanks for your time
                      Bryan
                      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi Bryan,
                        Lets try this again. I added a check to see if a file exists before playing. Let me know if this works for you. If not I'll move some dvds to a new folder to test with.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ; September 17, 2005, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Multiple drives

Looks like I'm still getting the same error:

9/16/2005 9:59:50 PM - Error - Launching application: F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO->Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "Launch_16-Sep-2005 21:59:50.2187_F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO" Key being added: "Launch_16-Sep-2005 21:59:50.2187_F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO"
                          9/16/2005 9:59:50 PM - Error - Launching application (LaunchAppThread): The system cannot find the file specified
                          9/16/2005 9:59:50 PM - Error - Launching application (LaunchAppThread): The system cannot find the file specified
                          9/16/2005 9:59:50 PM - Error (cont) - File is:F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO and params is:
                          9/16/2005 9:59:50 PM - Error (cont) - File is:F:\My Movies, C:\My Movies\American Pie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO and params is:
                          Bryan

Comment

Sorry Bryan, I uploaded the wrong file last time. It was the same one as before. I updated the zip in my previous post. Please try again. I double checked this time.

Comment

Multilple drives...

Thank you very much Tom. Works great!
                              Bryan

Comment

Incorect Behavior

I am having 2 issues:

1st: There are 39 movies in DVD profiler, all 39 are making it to the DVD listing page. Problem is, it only says there are 38.

2nd: It is alphebetically sorting 'i, Robot' between 'Walking Tall' ans 'XXX: State of the Union'.

Comment

Working...
                                X