Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you use Movie Management

Hi all,

Just interested in how you are currently using Movie Management, I am looking at trying to get something going to manage my movies, but also iTunes downloaded movies, and all of those sort of things, Does DVD profiler also work with downloaded movies, and how are you storing all of your movies for this plugin to be able to access them, locally, NAS, SAN etc?

Also how does the plugin go with having a movie play, can you ask it to play a certain movie and have it play locally, remotely etc, and what is the movie played through?

Thanks for your answers
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Hi all,

Just interested in how you are currently using Movie Management, I am looking at trying to get something going to manage my movies, but also iTunes downloaded movies, and all of those sort of things, Does DVD profiler also work with downloaded movies, and how are you storing all of your movies for this plugin to be able to access them, locally, NAS, SAN etc?

Also how does the plugin go with having a movie play, can you ask it to play a certain movie and have it play locally, remotely etc, and what is the movie played through?

Thanks for your answers
    Well, right after I had the movie manager section moved here, is when weather.com started charging for access to their data.
    So I had to rewrite weatherXML.
    My plan is to finish up weatherXML this week and finally get back to this project.
    Currently I have the web interface done for all the admin screens and the display screens but it has not been released publicly. It imports the movie info from DVD profiler into a database which can take a long time depending on how big your collectoin is. After that it runs very quickly when you are just adding one or two new moives. You then use the web interface to add other movies, including stuff you shoot yourself. You can click watch to open the movie in a browser on the computer.
    The other options to watch it haven't been added yet.

I'd post it to let people use what is done so far but I don't have any documentation written yet. Any doc writers out there looking for a job that the payment is you get to use stuff sooner than anyone else?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
    X