Getting errors after Connect Amp died and had to replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting errors after Connect Amp died and had to replace

I had a Connect Amp die and had to get a replacement.

I'm getting errors in the log concerning the LinkgroupZoneDestination:

Mar-22 5:48:11 PM Sonos Error Error in HandleLinkingOn for LinkgroupZoneDestination = RINCON_B8E937A9375A01400 not found
    Mar-22 5:48:11 PM Sonos Error Error in SaveLinkedPlayers with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Mar-22 5:48:11 PM Sonos Error Error in SaveLinkedPlayers with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Mar-22 5:48:11 PM Sonos Error Error in HandleLinkingOn for LinkgroupZoneDestination = RINCON_B8E937A9375A01400;75;0;1 not found

I tried deleting all players and discover new players, but the old player is still in the linkgroups.

I suspect I could delete the linkgroups and re-add them or I could edit the offending unit out of the Sonos.ini file, but I was hoping there is an easier way. I have several dozen linkgroups, so any shortcut would be appreciated.

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    I had a Connect Amp die and had to get a replacement.

I'm getting errors in the log concerning the LinkgroupZoneDestination:

Mar-22 5:48:11 PM Sonos Error Error in HandleLinkingOn for LinkgroupZoneDestination = RINCON_B8E937A9375A01400 not found
    Mar-22 5:48:11 PM Sonos Error Error in HandleLinkingOn for LinkgroupZoneDestination = RINCON_B8E937A9375A01400;75;0;1 not found

I tried deleting all players and discover new players, but the old player is still in the linkgroups.

I suspect I could delete the linkgroups and re-add them or I could edit the offending unit out of the Sonos.ini file, but I was hoping there is an easier way. I have several dozen linkgroups, so any shortcut would be appreciated.
    You will have to edit the unit out of the linkgroups in the .ini file manually. The plug-in does not properly delete the old device numbers from the file when they are removed.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      You will have to edit the unit out of the linkgroups in the .ini file manually. The plug-in does not properly delete the old device numbers from the file when they are removed.
      Just make a simple change to the linkgroup and it will (so I recall) update and remove it

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        Just make a simple change to the linkgroup and it will (so I recall) update and remove it
        Make sure you deleted (USE THE CONFIG PAGE!!) the old player first.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Make sure you deleted (USE THE CONFIG PAGE!!) the old player first.
          I did do this first. I did also try making minor adjustments to the linkgroups, but the old player persists.

I can manually edit out the offending player in the linkgroupzonedestination part of the Sonos.ini.

But I also found it in the UPnPMaster followed by a number. Is it safe to remove it from there as well including the number?

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
            I did do this first. I did also try making minor adjustments to the linkgroups, but the old player persists.

I can manually edit out the offending player in the linkgroupzonedestination part of the Sonos.ini.

But I also found it in the UPnPMaster followed by a number. Is it safe to remove it from there as well including the number?
            How did you delete the player? If you deleted the HS device, that would be a problem, especially if you deleted all the players. Players must be deleted from the PI's config page which will properly delete them out of the HS database and its own DB. I'm surprised that after you deleted the player and make a simple change to the linkgroup (say add a volume) that it persists.

Comment

First I tried deleting the old player from the config page and it persisted. Then I deleted all the players from the config page and it persisted. Finally I tried making small changes to the linkgroups, but it persisted.

I just manually deleted the player from the ini file. Just don't know what to do with the UpnPMaster setting.

Comment

Working...
              X