end of Life SONOS PI version 3.0.0.x baseline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of Life SONOS PI version 3.0.0.x baseline

This posting is to give you a heads-up of an eminent change. Until today (11/21/2017), the updater contained two different versions of this PI. In the Media section, the old version, 3.0.0.x baseline was found and in the Beta section of the updater, the new baseline was found.
    The new baseline support Windows and Linux and to do so, I had to write my own SSDP protocol and remove dependencies on Windows components such as Database systems.
    I am in the process of removing the old version completely from the updater so the 3.1.0.x baseline version will be placed in its rightful place in the Media section of the updater.

THIS VERSION OF THE PLUG-IN (3.0.0.x BASELINE) IS END_OF_LIFE. NO MORE SUPPORT. UPGRADE TO THE VERSION 3.1.0.X BASELINE.
    NO NEED TO MAKE ANY CHANGES WHEN YOU UPGRADE! DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING, THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT!
    ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU NEED TO REBUILD YOUR MUSIC DATABASE, AND RADIOSTATION DATABASE. THE PRIOR PROBABLY IS SET TO DO DAILY SO NO NEED TO DO ANYTHING, THE LATTER, JUST PLAY THE RADIOSTATIONS AND THEY GET RE-LEARNED. READ THE HELP FILE WHICH CAN BE FOUND UNDER TOOLS->HELP->SONOS ON THE HS3 CONTROL WEB PAGE.
    DO CHECK YOUR FIREWALL SETTINGS!!!!!! THIS PI HAS ITS OWN UPNP COMMUNICATION SYSTEM AND DOES NOT RELY ON WINDOW'S SSDP AND UNPNP SERVICES. AS SUCH IT MUST HAVE FIREWALL ALLOWANCE ELSE THE PI WILL NOT FUNCTION CORRECTLY, WHICH CAN MANIFEST ITSELF IN MANY WAYS. SOMETIMES NOTHING WORKS; SOMETIMES IT STOPS WORKING AFTER A WHILE; PLAYERS ARE NOT DISCOVERED; PLAYERS CAN BE CONTROLLED BUT STATUS DOESN'T GET UPDATED; ANNOUNCEMENTS DON'T WORK .....
    THE OLD VERSION ZIP FILE ATTACHED AT THE END OF THIS (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161855) POSTING. I SEE NO REASON WHY YOU WOULD NEED TO GO BACK THIS VERSION WHICH IS NOW WAY BEHIND ON SUPPORT FOR S1 PLAYERS, PLAYBAR ETC.

Here (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174119) is where you find the latest status on the 3.1.x.x. version baseline.

DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING!
    DO NOT COPY DIRECTORIES IN TRYING TO GO BACK OR FORWARD. IF YOU DO SO, YOU MAY CAUSE AN OUT OF SYNC BETWEEN HS3 DB AND THE PI'S INI FILE, WHICH WILL CAUSE THE PI NOT TO FUNCTION PROPERLY. THE ONLY PROPER WAY IF YOU NEED TO DO COPIES IS TO COPY EVERYTHING STARTING FROM THE HS3 ROOT FOLDER!
    MAKE A BACKUP USING THE HS3 BACKUP FUNCTION AND USE THE RESTORE FUNCTION.

INSTALLING IS AS EASY AS SELECTING IT IN THE UPDATER AND LET HS3 TAKE CARE OF THE UPDATE. IF THE PI FOR SOME REASON DOESN'T STOP OR START, JUST USE THE HS3 FUNCTION TO STARTS/STOP A PI IN THE MANAGE-PI WEBPAGE.

AGAIN, DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING, THE INI SETTINGS BETWEEN THE 2 VERSIONS ARE 100% IDENTICAL, IF FOR SOME REASON, THE UPGRADE DIDN'T WORK, IT IS NOT THE DATABASE IF YOU FOLLOWED PROPER PROCEDURE. ISSUES WILL BE ALMOST 100% DUE TO FIREWALL SETTINGS OR WERE PRE-EXISTING.

IF YOU DO RUN INTO AN ISSUE AND YOU ASK FOR HELP, POST ALL INFO, STARTING WITH LOG (WITH DEBUG FLAG ON) OF THE PI STARTING UP, THE CONFIG SCREEN FULL SCREEN POST AND POTENTIALLY THE SONOS.INI FILE. ANYTHING LESS POSTED I WILL NOT RESPOND TO, MY APOLOGIES FOR THAT, TOO MUCH OF MY TIME SPEND ASKING OVER AND OVER FOR THE MOST BASIC INFORMATION.

Please note that as of today, 3.1.x.x is still in the Beta section of the updater - this should be fixed to avoid confusion.
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
      Please note that as of today, 3.1.x.x is still in the Beta section of the updater - this should be fixed to avoid confusion.
      I have not received confirmation from the HS team that they made the changes to the updater and I think they are closed for the thanksgiving extended weekend.

Comment

Player missed ping count is missing on the new version. I found this feature useful. Is there another way to see if a player is having trouble on the network?

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          Player missed ping count is missing on the new version. I found this feature useful. Is there another way to see if a player is having trouble on the network?
          There unfortunately isn't unless you look at your log from time to time and see if players disappear and come back. I believe there are other PIs (from Jon00 ?) to monitor your network using pings.
          Dirk

Comment

Working...
          X