Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a nill instance was returned

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Sorry, just got back to the system today. Updated to the newest version in the updater, and here it the debug log.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by bsobel View Post
      Sorry, just got back to the system today. Updated to the newest version in the updater, and here it the debug log.
      WOW, it takes the PI more than 5 minutes to create all new devices and completely initialize. There are no long gaps just steady work for > 5 min.
      So what happens is that after 5 minutes a discovery kicks in and that is the cause why it is trying to create duplicated devices.
      I made a small fix and attached a new version here.
      Try it out and see if that take away the duplicated device issues. You may have to delete the ini file one more time.
      Dirk
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #33
        Ok, copied new exe over. Restarted. Deleted all devices (from the plugin) Plugin correctly deleted all and exited (might be nice to send back some HTML saying that, as when you press ok on the overlay HTML it doesn't go away and its unclear if the plugin saw the button press or not). Shutdown HS, removed the sonos.ini and sonos.ini.bak. Rebooted, the plugin looks like it correctly found all he players (no dupes so far). Will report more later, going to let it run a few hours...

        One thing (reported before) is this log message on stereo groups. Cant tell if that is harmless or actually a problem. Shows up once for each second player in a stereo group.
        Sep-23 10:00:08 AM Sonos Warning Warning in ZoneNameChanged where ZoneName in Array didn't match. Found = Master Sun Room_RF supposed to = Master Sun Room
        Sep-23 10:00:08 AM Sonos Warning Warning in ZoneNameChanged where ZoneName in Array didn't match. Found = Massage Room_RF supposed to = Massage Room
        Sep-23 10:00:07 AM Sonos Warning Warning in ZoneNameChanged where ZoneName in Array didn't match. Found = TV Room_RF supposed to = TV Room

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bsobel View Post
          Ok, copied new exe over. Restarted. Deleted all devices (from the plugin) Plugin correctly deleted all and exited (might be nice to send back some HTML saying that, as when you press ok on the overlay HTML it doesn't go away and its unclear if the plugin saw the button press or not). Shutdown HS, removed the sonos.ini and sonos.ini.bak. Rebooted, the plugin looks like it correctly found all he players (no dupes so far). Will report more later, going to let it run a few hours...

          One thing (reported before) is this log message on stereo groups. Cant tell if that is harmless or actually a problem. Shows up once for each second player in a stereo group.
          Sep-23 10:00:08 AM Sonos Warning Warning in ZoneNameChanged where ZoneName in Array didn't match. Found = Master Sun Room_RF supposed to = Master Sun Room
          Sep-23 10:00:08 AM Sonos Warning Warning in ZoneNameChanged where ZoneName in Array didn't match. Found = Massage Room_RF supposed to = Massage Room
          Sep-23 10:00:07 AM Sonos Warning Warning in ZoneNameChanged where ZoneName in Array didn't match. Found = TV Room_RF supposed to = TV Room
          Harmless, hence warning

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

            Harmless, hence warning
            Thanks, would you consider moving those to info from warning in the future, anything warning or error makes me think something is wrong

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by bsobel View Post

              Thanks, would you consider moving those to info from warning in the future, anything warning or error makes me think something is wrong
              anything that is a real error will show when you have logging OFF. I color them as a warning to see it in the log when debug is ON. Sometimes I do it to indicate to users that their player name was changed and they shouldn't be wondering why.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

                anything that is a real error will show when you have logging OFF. I color them as a warning to see it in the log when debug is ON. Sometimes I do it to indicate to users that their player name was changed and they shouldn't be wondering why.
                Sorry, one clarification, when you say logging off, do you mean 'Debug flag off' or do you mean the "Log Error Only Flag" flag on? If the former, I'm still seeing the warning with debug off, but currently I do not have Log Error Only on. Thanks!

                Comment

                Working...
                X