Sonos announcement questions and Sonos Alexa support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick update....

I started looking at this last night, I can reproduce easily. At first glance, it appears Sonos introduced some totally new (and strange?) mechanism to use new kind of queues and if solvable will require a lot of changes.

At this point trying to see if it can actually be made to work

Stay tuned!

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Thank you looking at this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        Just a quick update....

I started looking at this last night, I can reproduce easily. At first glance, it appears Sonos introduced some totally new (and strange?) mechanism to use new kind of queues and if solvable will require a lot of changes.

At this point trying to see if it can actually be made to work

Stay tuned!

Dirk
        We have a Sonos One but after a while, disabled the Alexa option because it just didn’t work as well as our Dots - it couldn’t “hear” as well.
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post

We have a Sonos One but after a while, disabled the Alexa option because it just didn’t work as well as our Dots - it couldn’t “hear” as well.
          Yes, I decided to get the regular Sonos 1 devices and not the Sonos One. The Sonos One is not a full echo device. It is an Alexa enabled device. It cannot a do lot of Echo based features like messages and drop in. I would have loved to replace my echo devices with the Sonos One but with the missing features I could not.

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
            Dirk,

Thank you looking at this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Just a quick follow up. After doing a lot of coding, all I tried just failed. I found some postings on the Sonos forum stating similar inability to restore one of these special queues Sonos uses to play music that was instructed through Alexa. It appears that Sonos has been adding a function to play an announcement OVER what is currently playing but as far as I can tell it is only available through what they call their cloud interface and not the local UPNP interface. If this becomes available, it may make the implementation of TTS (and associated delays) all become very simple, so let's keep our fingers crossed that Sonos doesn't go the other way and starts removing things from the UPNP interface or worse, close (encrypt) this at some point.

Comment

same issues here, hopefully they will implement the local announce function
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Working...
              X