"don't do 5 minute rediscoveries"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"don't do 5 minute rediscoveries"

I have the SONOS(3P) PI installed, I'm running HS 3.0.0.435, and 3.1.0.2 of the SONOS plug-in.

I have 5 Play Ones which I use for music and announcements and they work well. I also have a Playbar, SUB, and two other Play Ones configured as my TV 5.1 speaker setup. The plug-in seems to generate a lot of callback errors with the TV Zone. I really don't use the TV Zone as part of my HS setup, so rather than trying to debug it I simply deleted those players from my HS system. However, they come back when the PI does an automatic rediscovery.

The documentation shows a checkbox to disable the rediscoveries, but it does not exist on my config page. Is it still possible to do this?

Thanks, JazzmanJohn

Originally posted by JazzmanJohn View Post
    I have the SONOS(3P) PI installed, I'm running HS 3.0.0.435, and 3.1.0.2 of the SONOS plug-in.

I have 5 Play Ones which I use for music and announcements and they work well. I also have a Playbar, SUB, and two other Play Ones configured as my TV 5.1 speaker setup. The plug-in seems to generate a lot of callback errors with the TV Zone. I really don't use the TV Zone as part of my HS setup, so rather than trying to debug it I simply deleted those players from my HS system. However, they come back when the PI does an automatic rediscovery.

The documentation shows a checkbox to disable the rediscoveries, but it does not exist on my config page. Is it still possible to do this?

Thanks, JazzmanJohn

Do you see call back errors in regular use? They should be there at start-up and (if I recall correct) only if the debug flag is on. If you see them through the regular use, maybe an event is set-up to a paired player; which in a playbar config just doesn't work. Players are added automatically so the delete function is really to delete a player that is not on the network anymore, there is no function to prevent a player that is active on your network to NOT be added. You can however hide any device from view.

Dirk

Comment

I think JazzmanJohn was asking about this setting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1197519

I believe that setting as well as this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1197520

Were removed when the plug-in went to 3.1.X.X versions.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I think JazzmanJohn was asking about this setting:

[ATTACH]69921[/ATTACH]

I believe that setting as well as this one:

[ATTACH]69922[/ATTACH]

Were removed when the plug-in went to 3.1.X.X versions.

I was under the assumption there was a typo in his version and he is on 3.1.0.20 (not .2)

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          I was under the assumption there was a typo in his version and he is on 3.1.0.20 (not .2)
          I understand the confusion. Were those two settings still in 3.1.0.20?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I understand the confusion. Were those two settings still in 3.1.0.20?

I thought I had removed them :-) but JazzmanJohn seem to hint they are still there. I do know they don't do anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              I thought I had removed them :-) but JazzmanJohn seem to hint they are still there. I do know they don't do anything anymore
              No, they are still in the documentation, but not on the config page.

Comment

5 minute rediscoveries...

Just for clarification, the PI version I have IS 3.1.0.2. The function does not appear on the config page and it is in the documentation.

Last night I deleted the TV Playbar, the SUB, and the two Play Ones (rear speakers) that are associated with the Playbar. This has greatly diminished the number of errors appearing in my Log. However, this morning I did see a number of errors of the following...

ERROR: TV Speakers : Something went wrong in Device Property CallbackObject reference not set to an instance of an object.

I confirmed I do not have any events calling the TV speakers and, indeed, on the config page, none of TV Speakers appear in either the Player Table or the Link Configuration Table.

I do not have any of the Debug Flags enabled (I only have Proxy Flag and Learn Radio Stations Flag enabled).

I'm stumped!

Thanks for everyone's inputs thus far.

Comment

... 5 Minute rediscoveries...

I now see that my PI version is really far behind what is listed in the discussion forum as most recent. (3.1.0.20, I believe).

The update page in my HS3 installation looks like this...

Sonos
                  Release Info Plug-in 3.1.0.2 3.0.0.21 Free dcorsus

So, of course I have not done an update. Maybe I'm still running an older Beta version. I assume I should update to the latest 3.1.0.20. Correct? I also don't see a link to the 3.0.1.20 version. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Comment

I now see that my PI version is really far behind what is listed in the discussion forum as most recent. (3.1.0.20, I believe).

The update page in my HS3 installation looks like this...

Sonos
                    Release Info Plug-in 3.1.0.2 3.0.0.21 Free dcorsus

So, of course I have not done an update. Maybe I'm still running an older Beta version. I assume I should update to the latest 3.1.0.20. Correct? I also don't see a link to the 3.0.1.20 version. What am I missing?

Thanks,

You are indeed running the old windows only version. That version has been end-of-life'd a year or two ago. The new version might still be in the beta section of the updater (trying to get that rectified for a while). That version properly supports playbars and newer type playes.

Dirk

Comment

Just for clarification, the PI version I have IS 3.1.0.2. The function does not appear on the config page and it is in the documentation.

Last night I deleted the TV Playbar, the SUB, and the two Play Ones (rear speakers) that are associated with the Playbar. This has greatly diminished the number of errors appearing in my Log. However, this morning I did see a number of errors of the following...

ERROR: TV Speakers : Something went wrong in Device Property CallbackObject reference not set to an instance of an object.

I confirmed I do not have any events calling the TV speakers and, indeed, on the config page, none of TV Speakers appear in either the Player Table or the Link Configuration Table.

I do not have any of the Debug Flags enabled (I only have Proxy Flag and Learn Radio Stations Flag enabled).

I'm stumped!

Thanks for everyone's inputs thus far.

How did you delete the players? Did you delete them from the device management page, if so that is a big no-no. If you did, maybe restore a backup you had? If not, you will have to delete the sonos.ini file which will ruin all Sonos based events, linkgroups etc. By the way, the only way you can delete a .ini file is to stop hs3 and delete it when HS3 is not running.

Dirk

Comment

5 minute rediscovery...

I deleted them from the SONOS PI Config page. So, that should be OK.

Now I'll look for the latest version of the Plug-in.

Thanks,

Comment

5 minute rediscovery...

I found and installed 3.1.0.22 and all of my players and linkgroups are intact. I didn't think to look in the Beta SW uploader. Duh!

I'll give it some time and see if the problem is resolved.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

JazzmanJohn

Comment

Working...
                          X