Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

posible to add TTS entries to the log ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • posible to add TTS entries to the log ?

    I am using Sonos for a lot of announcements. I also just installed Jon00's Speak Monitor. This monitors all TTS and speaker clients and logs speach to devices, so you can see your last speach messages, repeat them etc. This does not seem to work with Sonos. Looks as if it might need log entries. Here is what Jon00 said to me:


    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I only use speaker clients so it works fine here. Obviously the TTS entries in the log do not come from the Speak Proxy output so it would be for plugin authors with speech to add log entries I suppose. Jon00 Speak was written for HS2 and upgraded to work in HS3. At the time HS3 only had speaker clients for TTS.

  • #2
    Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I am using Sonos for a lot of announcements. I also just installed Jon00's Speak Monitor. This monitors all TTS and speaker clients and logs speach to devices, so you can see your last speach messages, repeat them etc. This does not seem to work with Sonos. Looks as if it might need log entries. Here is what Jon00 said to me:



    I replied in the other thread also...I get sonos tts log entries

    Comment


    • #3
      I never see TTS entries and we have 10-20 announcements per day. I did some testing yesterday and Friday to see if I could get logging. Twice (both times just after restarting HS) I did get a couple of log entries.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1198410

      My log stores 14 days and these four are the only entries in two weeks. The first two on Friday were from a test event that I triggered twice. The test event TTS was sent to all clients and was intercepted by the Sonos proxy and played properly. Despite the fact that I ran the test events quite a few times Friday, it only logged the first two within about 10 minutes or so of restarting. On Saturday, it was much the same, 20 minutes after restarting. The first was my test event, the second was a normal event driven announcement sent straight to the Sonos "Announce" linkgroup. This shows that the Sonos plug-in is logged - when it is working.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

      PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

      Comment


      • #4
        Dirk


        I been trying to get jon's speak utility to work. at first I had sonos tts announcements in the log on .22, but it would not speak back to sonos from the virtual devices created by the utility. then I saw you had a upgrade to .23 so I tried that one out. It did not resolve the problem, and now I do not have sonos tts announcements in the log. Mind you the tts announcement show for my two android tablets, but the not the sonos. I also reverted back to .22 and now that version has no tts announcements in the log also... I am stuck......got any suggestions, ideas, thoughts?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wadesready View Post
          Dirk


          I been trying to get jon's speak utility to work. at first I had sonos tts announcements in the log on .22, but it would not speak back to sonos from the virtual devices created by the utility. then I saw you had a upgrade to .23 so I tried that one out. It did not resolve the problem, and now I do not have sonos tts announcements in the log. Mind you the tts announcement show for my two android tablets, but the not the sonos. I also reverted back to .22 and now that version has no tts announcements in the log also... I am stuck......got any suggestions, ideas, thoughts?
          No idea to be honest. Do you see errors in your log? Debug log perhaps ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            No idea to be honest. Do you see errors in your log? Debug log perhaps ?



            nope no errors... just no tts

            is there an entry for tts in the ini file?

            Comment


            • #7
              I discovered a fix, or maybe I should say, I discovered why I had sonos tts entries in my log and then didn't have sonos tts in my log. it is the kodi proxy. when I disabled the kodi proxy is when my sonos tts log entries stopped and when I enabled kodi proxy my sonos tts log entries returned..... maybe Randy can confirm as he has no sonos tts entries in his log. I have NO clue why this is working for me, but it is.....

              Comment


              • #8
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ents-on-demand
                Originally posted by wadesready View Post
                I discovered a fix, or maybe I should say, I discovered why I had sonos tts entries in my log and then didn't have sonos tts in my log. it is the kodi proxy. when I disabled the kodi proxy is when my sonos tts log entries stopped and when I enabled kodi proxy my sonos tts log entries returned..... maybe Randy can confirm as he has no sonos tts entries in his log. I have NO clue why this is working for me, but it is.....
                The reason why you have no logs is because Sonos doesn't use the Speak function, it convert text to a file. Solution is discussed here (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ents-on-demand)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ents-on-demand

                  The reason why you have no logs is because Sonos doesn't use the Speak function, it convert text to a file. Solution is discussed here (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ents-on-demand)
                  This link isn't working anymore.
                  Where to find the discussed solution ?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X