uPNP error when controlling link groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uPNP error when controlling link groups

I've got an event whose purpose is to play music in the morning when I take a shower. It:
    1. Makes sure my master closet, bedroom, and bathroom speakers aren't linked to other speakers (don't want to wake people up)
    2. Links the three zones (closet, bedroom, and bathroom) together
    3. Plays an Amazon radio station
    4. Starts the bathroom fan
    5. Sets the bathroom fan to turn off an hour later.

Everything is working great, except when the play radiostation action executes, it ends up unlinking the master bathroom from the other two, and the other two don't play anything.

I looked in the logs, and there is a single error (attached).

Ideas as to what's wrong?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
    I've got an event whose purpose is to play music in the morning when I take a shower. It:
    1. Makes sure my master closet, bedroom, and bathroom speakers aren't linked to other speakers (don't want to wake people up)
    2. Links the three zones (closet, bedroom, and bathroom) together
    3. Plays an Amazon radio station
    4. Starts the bathroom fan
    5. Sets the bathroom fan to turn off an hour later.

Everything is working great, except when the play radiostation action executes, it ends up unlinking the master bathroom from the other two, and the other two don't play anything.

I looked in the logs, and there is a single error (attached).

Ideas as to what's wrong?

Bizarre, sure there aren't any other events going on? Have you checked your firewall, does the PI have full allowance?

If you can't figure it out, turn debug flag on, and take full log and post.

Comment

Yup - looked at the firewall; plugin had public rights but not private. Added private but same issue. No other events going on as far as I know. Nothing is queued and I'm the only one home. When I trigger the event I'm using, it instantly gives the error.

Turned on debug mode and ran twice (both times exhibiting error). Attached for logs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Couple of things I see that are different that how I do it - you might play around with these...
        1) On the link, you link the master player to itself as well as the other players. I link the master players to only the other players, not including itself.
        2) I play the radio station to the master player, you play it to one of the slave players.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          Couple of things I see that are different that how I do it - you might play around with these...
          1) On the link, you link the master player to itself as well as the other players. I link the master players to only the other players, not including itself.
          2) I play the radio station to the master player, you play it to one of the slave players.

Good catch on "you need to tell the master of the group what to do", missed that and that explains all. By sending a command to the slave, the PI will disconnect the player from the group , hence that player playing by itself and other silent.

If you have the master also as slave in the linkgroup, the PI just ignores that but indeed not needed.

Dirk

Comment

Good stuff - I think that has me almost fixed; I'm not seeing the groups unlink. Though trying to play the radio station is now failing (only through HS). Here's the non-debug version of the log in case it's obvious what the issue is....I'll tinker later. Baby is about to wake up :P
            Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff - I think that has me almost fixed; I'm not seeing the groups unlink. Though trying to play the radio station is now failing (only through HS). Here's the non-debug version of the log in case it's obvious what the issue is....I'll tinker later. Baby is about to wake up :P

Which version of the PI are you using? Which OS do you run this on?

As you can guess from the error, the PI is having problems with the database. This could happen when manual copies happen between windows to linux or vice-versa, perhaps between PCs. Could also be that the PI doesn't run as an administrator or that simply the DB is screwed up.

Comment

plugin: 3.1.0.22
                HS3: 3.0.0.435
                OS: Win 10 Home (the one that comes with Hometroller S6 Pro)

Comment

plugin: 3.1.0.22
                  HS3: 3.0.0.435
                  OS: Win 10 Home (the one that comes with Hometroller S6 Pro)
                  Got it. The PI was installed using the installer, not a manual copy?
                  The PI is running as administrator (sometime when people add a self starting task, they forget to select the option to run as admin)?

If all fails, have you tried a restart HS? If still persist, stop HS, go to <hsroot>\html\Sonos\musicDB and delete its content. If you have events that rely on learned radiostations, it is easy to re-learn them, just play them once with Sonos App. If you still see the DB error, the PI has no access to that folder (admin issue) or the install was incorrect, which is easiest fixed by just doing the install from the installer, even if it is the same version (there is a DLL version difference for the DB subsystem between Linux and Windows install that the Installer takes care off).

Dirk

Comment

Correct - installed via installer.

Not sure if it's running as admin; I never manually started it. Seems like it auto starts with HS3....

Didn't try restart yet, but roger on the rest. Will tinker when I get some time in the next day or so. Thx for the pointers.

Comment

Correct - installed via installer.

Not sure if it's running as admin; I never manually started it. Seems like it auto starts with HS3....

Didn't try restart yet, but roger on the rest. Will tinker when I get some time in the next day or so. Thx for the pointers.
                      PI inherit rights from parent, so indeed it is HS that needs to run as admin...

It seems that reading is fine not writing hence my suspicion on admin rights or some other tool/exe is holding it hostage

Comment

Working...
                      X