Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to play file or speak to Sonos

When I debug the log is full of

sep-10 12.11.32 Sonos DoCheckAnnouncementQueue called AnnouncementinQueue = True and AnnouncementInProgress = True and AnnouncementCountdown = 68 AnnouncementReEntry = False
    sep-10 12.11.31 Sonos CheckAnnouncementHasStarted called for Zoneplayer = Test has trackposition = 0
    sep-10 12.11.31 Sonos CheckAnnouncementHasStarted called for Zoneplayer = Test and New CurrentplayerState = Stopped
    sep-10 12.11.31 Sonos CurrentPlayerState Set for ZoneName = Test. Value = Stopped
    sep-10 12.11.31 Sonos CheckAnnouncementHasStarted called for Zoneplayer = Test and CurrentplayerState = Stopped

It counts down to 0 and resumes the playing song.
    I have tried everything from disabling firewall, given administrator rights to PI and restarted everything multiple times.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by zephyr View Post
    When I debug the log is full of

sep-10 12.11.32 Sonos DoCheckAnnouncementQueue called AnnouncementinQueue = True and AnnouncementInProgress = True and AnnouncementCountdown = 68 AnnouncementReEntry = False
    sep-10 12.11.31 Sonos CheckAnnouncementHasStarted called for Zoneplayer = Test has trackposition = 0
    sep-10 12.11.31 Sonos CheckAnnouncementHasStarted called for Zoneplayer = Test and New CurrentplayerState = Stopped
    sep-10 12.11.31 Sonos CurrentPlayerState Set for ZoneName = Test. Value = Stopped
    sep-10 12.11.31 Sonos CheckAnnouncementHasStarted called for Zoneplayer = Test and CurrentplayerState = Stopped

It counts down to 0 and resumes the playing song.
    I have tried everything from disabling firewall, given administrator rights to PI and restarted everything multiple times.
    Any ideas?
    What OS is this running on? Did this ever work? As far as I can tell, all looks OK but the speech file I suspect is missing. I guess by the remark on "admin rights" I suspect this is a Windows install. If so did you use special voices? Look at the Sonos controller App when you do the test and I suspect you will see an error pop up. You can check the <hsroot>\html\sonos\announcements subdirectory and play the .wav file and see if it is constructed properly.

Comment

Did you ever get this working? I'm having the same issue on Linux. Attached is my log for when I run the event "TEST Doorbell Chime - Copy" to play over the linkgroup "TTS". Plugin version 3.1.0.26. Any guidance from the group would be greatly appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
        Did you ever get this working? I'm having the same issue on Linux. Attached is my log for when I run the event "TEST Doorbell Chime - Copy" to play over the linkgroup "TTS". Plugin version 3.1.0.26. Any guidance from the group would be greatly appreciated.
        Your error will most likely be different because you are on Linux. Here is the error from the log you need to look at.

Sep-21 11:17:50 AM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue called SpeakToFile unsuccessfully with Text The doorbell is ringing and File /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TTS_0.wav and error ApplicationName='./speak_to_file.sh', CommandLine=''/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TTS_0.wav' 'The doorbell is ringing'', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file Service Version: NO_VERSION

Check the speak_to_file.sh file and search this forum what is should or shouldn't be. Seem to recall (do search on forum) that flite works but picolight does not.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks for pointing me in the [presumably] right direction. Let me do some research/follow up and report back either way.

Comment

If yours is a custom install on a Raspberry Pi, you will need to install a couple of audio packages:

Code:
            sudo apt-get -qy install flite libttspico-utils

Comment

Working...
            X