Can't Update / Stuck Initiatlizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Update / Stuck Initiatlizing

Hello, I'm running 3.0.0.21 on a Windows 10 PC. When I try to update, it keeps failing. Also, when I go the Devices page, the status on the Sonos Master is stuck on initiatlizing. Iv's stopped and started HS, disabled and re-enabled the PI, and tried to update with the PI disabled. No luck. I should say also that I deleted the Sonos.ini file based on a post on here since the PI was not picking up changes I had made to my Sonos devices. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by pcourt View Post
    Hello, I'm running 3.0.0.21 on a Windows 10 PC. When I try to update, it keeps failing. Also, when I go the Devices page, the status on the Sonos Master is stuck on initiatlizing. Iv's stopped and started HS, disabled and re-enabled the PI, and tried to update with the PI disabled. No luck. I should say also that I deleted the Sonos.ini file based on a post on here since the PI was not picking up changes I had made to my Sonos devices. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Sorry to hear. Can you confirm that the upgrade is to version 3.1.0.24 and you are using the updater.
    If know few if any consistent upgrade failures where it seem that the PI never comes out of its init cycle, which is very bare bones. Biggest suspicion would be an admin right allowance issue.
    Are there any errors in the log file?
    Is HS3 running as an administrator?
    Is your firewall configured to give all allowance to the PI?

Comment

Thank you for the response. Here are the logs. Sorry I did not post them orginially.
      Sep-13 4:51:13 PM Updater Install/Update of package Sonos failed.
      Sep-13 4:51:13 PM Updater Error Installation of package Sonos failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
      Sep-13 4:51:13 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Sonos.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Sonos.exe' because it is being used by another process.
      Sep-13 4:51:13 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Sonos.exe
      Sep-13 4:51:12 PM Updater Installing package Sonos
      Sep-13 4:51:12 PM Updater Update hspi_sonos.exe downloaded successfully
      Sep-13 4:51:11 PM Updater Downloading update: Sonos
      Sep-13 4:51:11 PM Updater Starting download of updates
      I am running HS3 as an Admin.
      I am using Windows Defender. Under the "Allow an app through firewall" I can see that HS3 is allowed. I have Sonos Controller allowed too but I think that's the Sonos app itself. Can you tell me what the PI is labelled as in Defender so I can check?

Edit: and yes it is to .24
      Last edited by pcourt; September 13, 2018, 03:56 PM. Reason: Forgot one thing.

Comment

I figured it out. For some reason my home wired network was setup as a Public network. I switched it to Private in Windows and that did it. Thanks for the tip on it being a security issue.

Comment

Originally posted by pcourt View Post
          Thank you for the response. Here are the logs. Sorry I did not post them orginially.
          Sep-13 4:51:13 PM Updater Install/Update of package Sonos failed.
          Sep-13 4:51:13 PM Updater Error Installation of package Sonos failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
          Sep-13 4:51:13 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Sonos.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Sonos.exe' because it is being used by another process.
          Sep-13 4:51:13 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Sonos.exe
          Sep-13 4:51:12 PM Updater Installing package Sonos
          Sep-13 4:51:12 PM Updater Update hspi_sonos.exe downloaded successfully
          Sep-13 4:51:11 PM Updater Downloading update: Sonos
          Sep-13 4:51:11 PM Updater Starting download of updates
          I am running HS3 as an Admin.
          I am using Windows Defender. Under the "Allow an app through firewall" I can see that HS3 is allowed. I have Sonos Controller allowed too but I think that's the Sonos app itself. Can you tell me what the PI is labelled as in Defender so I can check?

Edit: and yes it is to .24
          Suggest you disable the PI, restart HS3 and try the installer again.
          This error
          Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Sonos.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Sonos.exe' because it is being used by another process.
          could be two things:
          a/ Sonos PI is running and can't be stopped
          b/ Not right allowance to overwrite the .exe and this error is confusing as heck.
          My money on alternative a.
          What does the LOG show?

Comment

So the ability to update was fixed by the switching the network to Private. And that also fixed the issue where the Master was stuck initializing, and that in turn fixed the issue whereby my table of players was not updating. So all is well now.

Most issues I've had with HS up to this point have all centered around security and permissions.

Thanks again for your responsiveness.

Comment

Working...
            X