sonos speech/music problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sonos speech/music problem

I have an alarm event that first uses speech and then music. when I first made the event it worked, but lately for some reason, when it fires either the speech fails or the music fails or both. speech alone in an event works fine, playing a playlist by itself works fine, put both within one event and one or both will fail. I tried even putting a 1 second wait time between the two actions along with wait for speech to finish checked, but it still fails. How do I fix this?

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    I have an alarm event that first uses speech and then music. when I first made the event it worked, but lately for some reason, when it fires either the speech fails or the music fails or both. speech alone in an event works fine, playing a playlist by itself works fine, put both within one event and one or both will fail. I tried even putting a 1 second wait time between the two actions along with wait for speech to finish checked, but it still fails. How do I fix this?
    Can you post the screenshot of all involved events, linkgroup table. Which version of the PI are you using, which OS?
    Trace log would be helpful but only on top of the above.
    Thanks,
    Dirk

Comment

Dirk the other test event I created is simple

if manually run
      then speak to $sonos$bedroom$:*....wait for speaking to finish
      the play playlist

if I remove either action it works just fine.... I have windows 10 .478 hs3 and I had .24 and then I saw an upgrade... so now sonos .26

attached is the link group table and debug log
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
        Dirk the other test event I created is simple

if manually run
        then speak to $sonos$bedroom$:*....wait for speaking to finish
        the play playlist

if I remove either action it works just fine.... I have windows 10 .478 hs3 and I had .24 and then I saw an upgrade... so now sonos .26

attached is the link group table and debug log
        The wait for speaking to finish doesn't apply to how the PI works, it a HS function that halts any execution of events until the TTS engine is done, so typically real-time use of playing something out from an audio port. This PI converts text to a file, than the file get transferred to Sonos and then Sonos has to play it. Prior to that the PI will link players etc. All of this happens asynchronous (ie HS doesn't get halted until all of that is done). This will allow for concurrent announcements, proper functioning of the event engine etc. Unfortunately, this PI cannot prevent HS from presenting this "wait for speaking to finish" option, despite it not having any relevance.

Since version 3.1.0.22 there is now a condition and a trigger indicating the announcement has ended. So there are 2 options:

1) you actually reverse your action, in that you start the playlist first then do the announcement. What it will do is that after the announcement is done, the player will revert to what it was doing prior to the announcement and voila, it will be playing your playlist. You may have to add a small delay between the two, just experiment.

2) You create 2 independent events, one triggered by whatever to trigger the announcement, one event that triggers upon end of announcement to play a playlist. The challenge here is that the second event will ALWAYS trigger for any announcement ending, so that might not be very preferential.

May I ask, why you want an event like that? What do you want to solve, perhaps it can be done in another way.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

The wait for speaking to finish doesn't apply to how the PI works, it a HS function that halts any execution of events until the TTS engine is done, so typically real-time use of playing something out from an audio port. This PI converts text to a file, than the file get transferred to Sonos and then Sonos has to play it. Prior to that the PI will link players etc. All of this happens asynchronous (ie HS doesn't get halted until all of that is done). This will allow for concurrent announcements, proper functioning of the event engine etc. Unfortunately, this PI cannot prevent HS from presenting this "wait for speaking to finish" option, despite it not having any relevance.

Since version 3.1.0.22 there is now a condition and a trigger indicating the announcement has ended. So there are 2 options:

1) you actually reverse your action, in that you start the playlist first then do the announcement. What it will do is that after the announcement is done, the player will revert to what it was doing prior to the announcement and voila, it will be playing your playlist. You may have to add a small delay between the two, just experiment.

2) You create 2 independent events, one triggered by whatever to trigger the announcement, one event that triggers upon end of announcement to play a playlist. The challenge here is that the second event will ALWAYS trigger for any announcement ending, so that might not be very preferential.

May I ask, why you want an event like that? What do you want to solve, perhaps it can be done in another way.

Dirk
          thanks dirk I can make use of the options you presented...the original event was part of a wakeup alarm event with a alarm announcement, lights and of course, making coffee, and then playing music.

Comment

Have you thought or tried to make use of the Sonos alarm function? You would set a time and an action (chime or play playlist). The PI can be programmed to trigger on the alarm going off and use that to make coffee, turn lights on, warm up the water for the shower......

Comment

No I hadn't.. I have one built for use through hstouch. I'll take a look. thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X