Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on playing announcements

Hi,

I'm using this plug-in for the first yesterday to make announcement when the doorbell is pressed. As an initial test, I just had the event say "Hello". It keep repeating hello until I stopped the player in the player controls. I then changed the maximum announcement time to 5 second. After the 5 second is up it would stop playing the TTS, but the linked players stay in the announcement mode. I get the following error message in the logs:
    Oct-11 4:57:18 PM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 5 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
    I also tried with an audio file and got the same results. The audio file plays then stick in announcement mode.

Here are my setting and event:
    urrent Date/Time: 10/12/2018 10:23:09 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 15 Minutes 52 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.158
    Number of Devices: 235
    Number of Events: 1
    Available Threads: 393
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.1.0.26: Sonos
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos Settings.png
Views:	237
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1252809Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos Event.png
Views:	259
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1252810Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos Linkgroup.png
Views:	223
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	1252811Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos Players.png
Views:	214
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	1252812

what does the event for the doorbell look like? I bet that is where the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
      what does the event for the doorbell look like? I bet that is where the problem is.
      He posted it as an attachment above

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72272.png
Views:	202
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1252840

There is nothing wrong with the speak Event, but we would also need to see the event that calls it and we would need to see the all log entries around when the calling event is run.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by huntley1 View Post
        Hi,

I'm using this plug-in for the first yesterday to make announcement when the doorbell is pressed. As an initial test, I just had the event say "Hello". It keep repeating hello until I stopped the player in the player controls. I then changed the maximum announcement time to 5 second. After the 5 second is up it would stop playing the TTS, but the linked players stay in the announcement mode. I get the following error message in the logs:
        Oct-11 4:57:18 PM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 5 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
        I also tried with an audio file and got the same results. The audio file plays then stick in announcement mode.

Here are my setting and event:
        urrent Date/Time: 10/12/2018 10:23:09 AM
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 15 Minutes 52 Seconds
        IP Address: 192.168.1.158
        Number of Devices: 235
        Number of Events: 1
        Available Threads: 393
        HSTouch Enabled: True
        Event Threads: 1
        Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
        Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
        Device Exec Queue: 0
        HSTouch Event Queue: 0
        Email Send Queue: 0
        Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
        3.1.0.26: Sonos
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos Settings.png
Views:	237
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1252809Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos Event.png
Views:	259
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1252810Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos Linkgroup.png
Views:	223
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	1252811Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos Players.png
Views:	214
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	1252812
        Great info. Description how events get triggered would be needed and a log with PI's debug flag (nothing else) would be best

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          He posted it as an attachment above

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72272.png
Views:	202
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1252840

There is nothing wrong with the speak Event, but we would also need to see the event that calls it and we would need to see the all log entries around when the calling event is run.
          that shows he is playing a melody file. not the "Hello" that was playing over and over

Comment

The logs around the event is as follows:
            Oct-11 4:58:59 PM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 5 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
            Oct-11 4:58:56 PM Sonos Error Error updating other linked zones. SourceZone=Living Room. TargetZone=RINCON_7828CA5534B401400. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            Oct-11 4:58:56 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3355 ()
            Oct-11 4:58:50 PM Event Event Trigger "Doorbell Chime Doorbell Chime"
            Oct-11 4:58:50 PM Event Event Doorbell Chime Doorbell Chime triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
            Oct-11 4:58:26 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3354 ()
            Oct-11 4:57:56 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3353 ()
            Oct-11 4:57:25 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3354 ()
            Oct-11 4:57:09 PM Event Event Trigger "Doorbell Chime Doorbell Chime"
            Oct-11 4:57:09 PM Event Event Doorbell Chime Doorbell Chime triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
            Oct-11 4:56:55 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3352 ()
            Oct-11 4:56:25 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3353 ()
            Oct-11 4:55:24 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3352 ()
            Oct-11 4:54:54 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3353 ()
            Oct-11 4:53:53 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3352 ()
            Oct-11 4:51:52 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3354 ()
            Oct-11 4:51:22 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer General Purpose Set to 3356 ()
            Oct-11 4:50:00 PM Device Control Device: Sonos Living Room Player to Next (1004) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Oct-11 4:49:40 PM Device Control Device: Sonos Living Room Player to Play (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Oct-11 4:49:26 PM Device Control Device: Sonos Living Room Player to Stop (1002) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Oct-11 4:48:46 PM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 5 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
            Oct-11 4:48:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Doorbell Chime Doorbell Chime"
            Oct-11 4:48:36 PM Event Event Doorbell Chime Doorbell Chime triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Comment

The logs around the event is as follows:
              Need this with PI debug flag on!
              Easiest way:
              turn PI debug flag on
              turn log to disk on
              run the event
              wait until all done (I guess 2 minutes)
              turn log to disk off (VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!)
              Upload the log file which can be found at html\Sonos\Logs

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Need this with PI debug flag on!
                Easiest way:
                turn PI debug flag on
                turn log to disk on
                run the event
                wait until all done (I guess 2 minutes)
                turn log to disk off (VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!)
                Upload the log file which can be found at html\Sonos\Logs
                Would also recommend you update the linkgroup and take logs say with one player as opposed to many. Much easier to study log. Also change max time back from 5 to say at least 20

Comment

is there a way to remotely upload the log files as I'm not at the controller. I'm connected to it via myhs...

Comment

is there a way to remotely upload the log files as I'm not at the controller. I'm connected to it via myhs...
                    I see, guess easiest in that case is cut/paste from the HS log page. As I wrote in other posting, reduce the number of target players to say one which will reduce the amount of log info by an order of magnitude. Also need the timeout back longer so I can see what is happening with the repeat.

Comment

Here you go... I went to the customer's place to retrieve the logs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here you go... I went to the customer's place to retrieve the logs.
                        Please next time you re-take a trace; ONLY debug flag on, NOT UPNP logging NOR superdebug.

Looked at the log but it looks perfectly OK. Can you confirm that this exhibited the repeat behavior this thread was started for.

Comment

I will be at the customers again on Tuesday. I can recreate the scenario and log the data. The only differences is that more players where selected and the the Living Room player was playing from another source before the announcement.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. simple event to speak a phrase when the doorbell is pressed. It messes up the prior grouping and plays the announcement on a loop

Comment

I unplugged and plugged back in most of my sonos and it only played the announcement twice. still failed to put all the grouping back together. It's possibly a sonos issue and not just the PI.

Comment

Working...
                              X