Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added speakers, moved others - Best way to reconfigure plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

The fact that the PI renames one of them with extension RF show that they are being treated properly. I wrote about this a few times but in essence once a player gets paired, when discovered it reports the name of the “master” player and the original name the player had is nowhere to be retrieved. So here is what the PI does:
    if it is on-line before the player get paired, it will have discovered the original name and keep it. This assumes you remember what name you have it and therefore you will recognize it in device list etc.
    If the player was paired before the PI discovered it, you are now stuck with a bunch of players all with the same name. A few versions ago, I added some code to add suffixes to these players so at least you see the difference .
    OK. I think I understand. Just to be clear, a stereo pair such as "Front Porch" and "Front Porch_RF" is correct? If I send an announcement or control one, will the other follow? Is one of the two a "Master"?

Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      OK. I think I understand. Just to be clear, a stereo pair such as "Front Porch" and "Front Porch_RF" is correct? If I send an announcement or control one, will the other follow? Is one of the two a "Master"?
      If you look at the player device status you will see that one is “paired to” (slave) and the other shows “paired with” (master)

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

If you look at the player device status you will see that one is “paired to” (slave) and the other shows “paired with” (master)
        Got it! Thanks.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

Comment

If I send an announcement or control one, will the other follow?
          The answer should be yes. I believe I don’t break pairings anymore when used in a linkgroup, except maybe when used as source, don’t recall. Always advice to not send commands to the “slave” player because Sonos will bluntly refuse any command and the PI always needs to weed through too many scenario to try to guess what the author intended and subsequently forward the command to the “master”
          Dirk

Comment

They seem to be working perfectly. I mounted a pair of Play 1s on the front porch for Halloween. SiriusXM has a great spooky sounds channel to creep out the kiddos. In stereo at opposite ends of the porch it sounds very good, because they mixed in a whole lot of hard stereo imaging. I am able to bump the volume with motion. When the trick-or-treaters arrive (motion trigger), a pumpkin is lit by strobes inside, a bubble machine on the porch ceiling sends bubbles, a low lying fogger starts, the porch lights go to bright purple and the Sonos volume gets kicked up. I think it will be a hit.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

Comment

They seem to be working perfectly. I mounted a pair of Play 1s on the front porch for Halloween. SiriusXM has a great spooky sounds channel to creep out the kiddos. In stereo at opposite ends of the porch it sounds very good, because they mixed in a whole lot of hard stereo imaging. I am able to bump the volume with motion. When the trick-or-treaters arrive (motion trigger), a pumpkin is lit by strobes inside, a bubble machine on the porch ceiling sends bubbles, a low lying fogger starts, the porch lights go to bright purple and the Sonos volume gets kicked up. I think it will be a hit.
              That is awesome! I had no idea SiriusXM had that channel, I've been using some Halloween sounds that I've downloaded and sound really good as well but it's nice to have another track. What are you using for strobes inside your pumpkin? Just a strobe plugged into a z-wave outlet? Which fogger are you using?
              HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

It is channel 145. I put a pair of LED strobes inside a ceramic pumpkin. They are out of sync so it gives an unusual rhythm to the flashing. They are white and I put red and blue filter sheets behind the eyes, nose and mouth. I installed two switched outlets in the ceiling and one in the wall on the front porch, specifically for holiday lighting and effects. The two on the ceiling control Sonos Play 1 speakers when we don't have lighting connected. For Halloween a bubble machine is plugged into one of the ceiling outlets and the machine is attached to the ceiling. The pumpkin is plugged into the other. The fog machine is plugged into the unswitched outlet on the wall for heating and the switched outlet controls the fog.

I'll see if I can get some pictures. This is what it looks like at night. The driveway path lights, wall sconces and porch lights are all Hue.The path lights and wall sconces are animated with a slow change between orange and purple. The path lights are on four controllers so I can control every other light and each side separately.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2Z6A6798.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	1256429
                Randy Prade
                Aurora, CO
                Prades.net

Comment

Working...
                X