Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added speakers, moved others - Best way to reconfigure plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added speakers, moved others - Best way to reconfigure plugin?

I added 2 Sonos Play: 5 speakers and moved 2 Sonos Play: 1 speakers in that room to a different room. The plugin sees all of my speakers, but did not change the room assignments. What is the best way to reassign the room locations in the plugin? Thanks. Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Originally posted by Richel View Post
    I added 2 Sonos Play: 5 speakers and moved 2 Sonos Play: 1 speakers in that room to a different room. The plugin sees all of my speakers, but did not change the room assignments. What is the best way to reassign the room locations in the plugin? Thanks. Elliott
    If the PI was active when all of this was happening, it should have made all the assignments. Unless they are paired players, the PI should still be able to rename them as you did .... UNLESS they are paired, in which case you can unpair them an pair them again with the PI running

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

If the PI was active when all of this was happening, it should have made all the assignments. Unless they are paired players, the PI should still be able to rename them as you did .... UNLESS they are paired, in which case you can unpair them an pair them again with the PI running
      Therein lies the issue: they were paired. I will follow your suggestion. Thank you. Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

So, this issue got fixed, by following your instructions. Now, with using Sonos to announce, I have a new issue:
        Sonos Error Error in AddAnnouncementToQueue for LinkGroupName = LR. SourceZone was not found
        UPnP Viewer states everything is "alive."

Thank you.
        Elliott

Comment

So, this issue got fixed, by following your instructions. Now, with using Sonos to announce, I have a new issue:
          Sonos Error Error in AddAnnouncementToQueue for LinkGroupName = LR. SourceZone was not found
          UPnP Viewer states everything is "alive."

Thank you.
          Elliott
          Which player did you pick as source in your linkgroup? You shouldn’t pick paired players, at
          least not the “slave” player.
          Dirk

Comment

Which player did you pick as source in your linkgroup? You shouldn’t pick paired players, at
            least not the “slave” player.
            Dirk
            All my speakers are paired as R+L. It does not seem to matter which one of the two I select. The result is the same. Should I unpair and set up linkgroup, then pair?
            Thanks for your help. Elliott

Comment

All my speakers are paired as R+L. It does not seem to matter which one of the two I select. The result is the same. Should I unpair and set up linkgroup, then pair?
              Thanks for your help. Elliott
              Could you post some screenshots of your linkgroup table and player table. Did you by any chance delete players? Which PI version are you on?

Comment

Could you post some screenshots of your linkgroup table and player table. Did you by any chance delete players? Which PI version are you on?
                Unlinking a speaker set did not make a difference. I did not delete any players that I know of. The plugin version is 3.1.0.26. Screenshot:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos config.png
Views:	175
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	1256235

Comment

Interesting this thread came up. I just moved 2 Play 1 speakers. I renamed the first one from "Workshop" to "Front Porch". The second one was "Garage" and I made it the second of a stereo pair "Front Porch". This was all done with the iOS app. The plug-in was running at the time. The plug-in has not picked up any of the changes after a couple of hours. I restarted HomeSeer and both speakers still have their original names. They both still show online in the player table. What did I do wrong?

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	1256238

I had one announcement after the change with these errors:

Oct-30 10:21:05 AM Sonos Error Error in Adding DeviceProperties Call Back for zoneplayer = Workshop. ErrorError in MyUPnPService.AddCallback while sending URL = http://192.168.2.187:1400/DeviceProperties/Event to = http://192.168.2.187:1400/DeviceProperties/Event with error = Unable to connect to the remote server
                  Oct-30 10:21:04 AM Sonos Error Error in Adding ZoneGroupTopology Control Call Back for zoneplayer = Workshop. Error=Error in MyUPnPService.AddCallback while sending URL = http://192.168.2.187:1400/ZoneGroupTopology/Event to = http://192.168.2.187:1400/ZoneGroupTopology/Event with error = Unable to connect to the remote server

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Unlinking a speaker set did not make a difference. I did not delete any players that I know of. The plugin version is 3.1.0.26. Screenshot:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos config.png
Views:	175
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	1256235
                    Have you read up on how to use linkgroups? The intercept speaker devices column should have numbers in it! I’m about to depart and need to shut down but do read help file or search on forum how to properly use tts and linkgroups

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Interesting this thread came up. I just moved 2 Play 1 speakers. I renamed the first one from "Workshop" to "Front Porch". The second one was "Garage" and I made it the second of a stereo pair "Front Porch". This was all done with the iOS app. The plug-in was running at the time. The plug-in has not picked up any of the changes after a couple of hours. I restarted HomeSeer and both speakers still have their original names. They both still show online in the player table. What did I do wrong?

Click image for larger version Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	1256238
                      May need to check that the PI is capable to rename devices when players are paired. Don’t think I ever tried that
                      Dirk

Comment

Actually "Workshop" was renamed to "Front Porch" as a single speaker. After that the second speaker (already in use as "Garage") was paired with it. There was about 10 minutes between the two actions. I don't mind doing it manually if there is a way to do it without mucking up the working speakers. Can I delete "Workshop" and "Garage" via the delete button on the player table and let the plug-in rediscover?

Comment

I shut down HomeSeer and took a backup. Then I deleted both from the player table and restarted HomeSeer. They were added again as "Front Porch" and "Front Porch_RF". Does that look correct for a stereo pair? They all work correctly, but it seems like the pair is treated as separate players.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	1256246

Comment

Have you read up on how to use linkgroups? The intercept speaker devices column should have numbers in it! I’m about to depart and need to shut down but do read help file or search on forum how to properly use tts and linkgroups
                            Thank you. I reread the help file regarding linkgroups and corrected the error. However, there were now a bunch of other errors that occurred. So, I decided to uninstall the plugin and re-installed it. All is working fine right now.

Thanks again for your help.

Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              I shut down HomeSeer and took a backup. Then I deleted both from the player table and restarted HomeSeer. They were added again as "Front Porch" and "Front Porch_RF". Does that look correct for a stereo pair? They all work correctly, but it seems like the pair is treated as separate players.

Click image for larger version Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	1256246
                              The fact that the PI renames one of them with extension RF show that they are being treated properly. I wrote about this a few times but in essence once a player gets paired, when discovered it reports the name of the “master” player and the original name the player had is nowhere to be retrieved. So here is what the PI does:
                              if it is on-line before the player get paired, it will have discovered the original name and keep it. This assumes you remember what name you have it and therefore you will recognize it in device list etc.
                              If the player was paired before the PI discovered it, you are now stuck with a bunch of players all with the same name. A few versions ago, I added some code to add suffixes to these players so at least you see the difference .

Comment

Working...
                              X