TTS playing in a loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS playing in a loop

Starting today, whenever I do an announcement, the announcement plays in a loop until the maximum time elapses. Then I get the following error.
    Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 15 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

I tried rebooting my homeseer computer, but that didn't help.

Originally posted by baudi View Post
    Starting today, whenever I do an announcement, the announcement plays in a loop until the maximum time elapses. Then I get the following error.
    Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 15 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

I tried rebooting my homeseer computer, but that didn't help.
    Could you turn the debug flag on do the announcement and post the full log. To make it easy, you can log to disk by toggling disk logging on just before you start the announcement and toggle it off when done (very important!!) and then post the file found in <hsroot>/html/sonos/log

Comment

file attached.
      Last edited by baudi; November 8, 2018, 09:26 AM. Reason: File removed

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
        file attached. SonosDebug.txt
        This is a bit of a head scratcher and I wonder whether this is some issue with Sonos or some weird implementation I'm overlooking. Is your TV player a Playbar or Playbeam? What I see it that when the announcement starts, the source player (TV) is reporting it is in REPEAT_ALL mode DESPITE the PI having explicitly sent a MODE_NORMAL (no repeat, no shuffle) command.
        So somewhere when this player switches to a queue, the mode of this player was somewhere in the past set to repeat_all. Why it ignores my PIs command I don't know yet.
        Here are a few things to try:
        1/ do the announcement again (I noticed you manually changed a value of max announce time) and while the announcement is repeating, grab the regular Sonos controller app and turn the repeat function off. Try again, I wouldn't be surprised that the problem is gone and will stay gone.
        2/ if this is something bizarre with a playbar/beam, pick another source player, but don't pick a player that is part of a paired set.

I've been trying it with my playbar but so far can't reproduce it. It IS a problem I dealt with a year or two ago, not sure why it seems to be re-appearing but playbars seems to be prominent in the cases where we see it and they weren't around back then.

Dirk

Comment

Number 2 did it. I changed the source from playbar to a play1. That seems to fix the problem. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I doubt that this is relevant to the problem, but I guess you never know. The only thing I did between the time it worked and the time that it started looping was to log in to the Sonos controller for the first time on a new phone. Then I recalibrated the audio on the play bar, surrounds, and sub. Maybe it's a clue.

Comment

Working...
            X