Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTS voice issues

Hi,

I have the Sonos Plugin up and running, but having some problems that I don't know where to ask for assistance. So I try here.

I have several TTS voices installed in windows.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1259808

But I can't get them to work in HS3. They don't show up:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1259809

Does anybody know why or how I can fix this?
    Or maybe send me in the right direction?

--

HS3 uses 32-bit voices, the voices you are showing are from the 64-bit controls.

From this post:
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Windows 10 creates a bit of a problem. It now defaults to 64-bit voices, the voices set in settings are the 64-bit voices. HomeSeer uses 32-bit voices. While you can select a default (32-bit) voice within the HS speaker client, it does not set the system 32-bit default for the O/S.

To get to the 32-bit voices and to set a default for the computer, which will also be used when HS generates TTS files for your Android clients, you need to go to the 32-bit voice controls here:

C:\Windows\System32\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

For some reason the control panel is located here as well:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

You can see what 32-bit voices are installed and what is used as a default.

The default voice can be overridden with SAPI tags within your TTS text like this:

<voice required="name = Microsoft David Desktop">The house lights will turn off in ten minutes

This will force "David" to make the announcement, even though "Zira" is the default.
    The two control panels even look slightly different

32-bit

Click image for larger version  Name:	32-bitSAPI.png Views:	1 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	1259817

64-bit

Click image for larger version  Name:	64-bitSAPI.png Views:	1 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	1259818
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Randy captured a lot of info in this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...pi-voices-help

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
        Seams that it is a 32 vs 64bit problem..
        Now the problem is just where to find 32-bit Norwegian TTS :|

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
          Thanks for your replies.
          Seams that it is a 32 vs 64bit problem..
          Now the problem is just where to find 32-bit Norwegian TTS :|
          Randy is the resident expert on this but I'd think you CAN use 64 bit voices for Sonos TTS, no? It doesn't use the speaker.exe app so try to embed the SAPI tags in the Speak action and see what happens. Always monitor the log file for errors.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Randy is the resident expert on this but I'd think you CAN use 64 bit voices for Sonos TTS, no? It doesn't use the speaker.exe app so try to embed the SAPI tags in the Speak action and see what happens. Always monitor the log file for errors.
            Far from an expert, but I think HS3 encodes TTS into a wave file on the host server using 32-bit voices. All the Sonos plug-in is doing is forwarding the wave file created by HS. Speaker.exe is only a client that will also play the same wave file. The wave file will use the default 32 bit voice configured on the HS3 host, unless a different 32 bit tag is used.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
            X