Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restarting audio after announcement

Hi All,

I have a lot of Sonos devices around the home and use them for TTS announcements. They work perfectly however over the last week I’ve noticed that if a player is paused in its “before” state and a TTS announcement is made, rather than going back to the paused state it resumes as a playing state. It now means that whenever we have an announcement it leaves players in a playing rather than their original state.

is anyone else having this issue and is there a workaround ?

best wishes,

Jay

Originally posted by jayceekeys View Post
    Hi All,

I have a lot of Sonos devices around the home and use them for TTS announcements. They work perfectly however over the last week I’ve noticed that if a player is paused in its “before” state and a TTS announcement is made, rather than going back to the paused state it resumes as a playing state. It now means that whenever we have an announcement it leaves players in a playing rather than their original state.

is anyone else having this issue and is there a workaround ?

best wishes,

Jay
    If you check the state of the player say on the homeseer devices page, is the state updating when you stop/start a player?
    Typically when it stops updating (and therefore the PI does not know the right state and can't return to the right state after TTS), it almost always is your firewall which drops those autonomous updates. So check you firewall settings and make sure the PI (hspi_sonos.exe !!) has full allowance.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
    X