Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major synchronization problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Major synchronization problems

    Hi, Im running Sonos plugin 3.1.0.26 on Homeseer 3.0.0.435.

    I run the Sonos app on the same computer and I checked how they synchronize. Player follows the app always.

    Everything I do in the Sonos plugin happens in the app aswell. Swiftly as it should.

    Changing volume in the app updates in plugin directly.
    Changing track position in app does not update in plugin, at least not in a minute. But it does if a track is running.
    Play does not update.
    Pause takes a few seconds to update.
    If the app is playing, and the not synchronized plugin is pressed play on, the app stops playing and the plugin changes to pause. Track counts forward in plugin, but is still in app. And it keep playing after track end. I get minus time left.
    I cannot get the events to trigger on play/pause/stop when changing in app, but they do trigger when changed in plugin.

    For some reason I have double of all event triggers for sonos. Two Sonos Mute, two Sonos Next Track and so on. But I have had the above issures for a long time, since I updated from the old version 2.xxx? The version you had to install manally.

    When I open the player in plugin I get this in debug window of plugin:
    2018-11-26 21:25:28 : GetArtists unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Vardagsrum with error- SQL logic error or missing database
    no such table: Tracks

    What can I do to fix this? Everything was working great with the old plugin (manual install), but since I moved to a new computer, the manual install cannot be done any more from what I can see. Cannot find the old files.
    I remember installing the new plugin on the old computer a year back or so, and I never got that working, so I went back to the old.

    Thanks for any assistance that takes me closer on getting this working again.

  • #2
    I noticed that my network was set to public. I changed it to private. Nothing changed. I then turned off the firewall. Still no change.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Agwan View Post
      Hi, Im running Sonos plugin 3.1.0.26 on Homeseer 3.0.0.435.

      I run the Sonos app on the same computer and I checked how they synchronize. Player follows the app always.

      Everything I do in the Sonos plugin happens in the app aswell. Swiftly as it should.

      Changing volume in the app updates in plugin directly.
      Changing track position in app does not update in plugin, at least not in a minute. But it does if a track is running.
      Play does not update.
      Pause takes a few seconds to update.
      If the app is playing, and the not synchronized plugin is pressed play on, the app stops playing and the plugin changes to pause. Track counts forward in plugin, but is still in app. And it keep playing after track end. I get minus time left.
      I cannot get the events to trigger on play/pause/stop when changing in app, but they do trigger when changed in plugin.

      For some reason I have double of all event triggers for sonos. Two Sonos Mute, two Sonos Next Track and so on. But I have had the above issures for a long time, since I updated from the old version 2.xxx? The version you had to install manally.

      When I open the player in plugin I get this in debug window of plugin:
      2018-11-26 21:25:28 : GetArtists unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Vardagsrum with error- SQL logic error or missing database
      no such table: Tracks

      What can I do to fix this? Everything was working great with the old plugin (manual install), but since I moved to a new computer, the manual install cannot be done any more from what I can see. Cannot find the old files.
      I remember installing the new plugin on the old computer a year back or so, and I never got that working, so I went back to the old.

      Thanks for any assistance that takes me closer on getting this working again.
      I suspect your HS database is not in sync with the Plugin's config information, hence the dual devices. If you copied manually the HS setup to a new computer (and say not the sonos.ini) this might be your root-cause. I'm not sure which manual version you refer to, as of day one, this PI was supported through the updater. I suspect you downloaded a test version maybe that's what it is.

      So here is what I recommend:
      - stop the Sonos PI
      - use the updater to install latest Sonos PI properly. You should do this irrespective of whether you have the latest version already.
      - stop HS3
      - delete the sonos.ini file in the \config folder
      - restart HS3
      - Start the Sonos PI

      It will delete all Sonos devices from the HS database, rediscover and recreate your devices.

      HOWEVER you will have to recreate all events/actions/linkgroups etc.

      You should also recreate your music DB (read the help file!) so you don't have the error you posted.

      Hope this will get you out of the pickle. Do note that your browser only refreshes every x seconds, so updates sometimes lag there a bit longer than the PI would have processed them.

      Dirk

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok, that took care of the SQL error thing. But still same thin about syncronization. Only volume that synchronizes, the rest does not except for very sporatically. Any more ideas?

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, it took care of the multiple event triggers too... but no triggers occur. I guess since the plugin room thing does not update, the triggers does not either.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Agwan View Post
            Well, it took care of the multiple event triggers too... but no triggers occur. I guess since the plugin room thing does not update, the triggers does not either.
            could you take a trace, when you update a player, say go from pause to play on the controller.
            If you have no updates, now check (again) your firewall, you may have (had) multiple issues, starting w/ out if sync database and events being dropped by FW.

            Comment


            • #7
              Still not working. I noticed now that when I start playing in plugin, music starts but plugin does not notice. When pressing again, music stops, but plugin notes that music has started. And from then it is inverted. Stopping in plugin starts music and so on.

              I attached a log from this.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Agwan View Post
                Still not working. I noticed now that when I start playing in plugin, music starts but plugin does not notice. When pressing again, music stops, but plugin notes that music has started. And from then it is inverted. Stopping in plugin starts music and so on.

                I attached a log from this.
                Very good log actually. Not sure what exactly is wrong but can see that the events are being received, for some reason there seems to be a discrepancy between the info in the header (length of payload) and the actual payload. What ends happening is that the PI is still waiting for more info to come in and times out and drops the data.
                This is a first so I need to get my head around this.

                So in the mean time, lets look at your setup. Can you address each question:

                1/ PI version
                2/ OS type and version
                3/ Sonos SW version (I noticed an old ZP90)?
                4/ anything special with the network (routed, forwarded (proxy), wireless ...)
                5/ I assume you have tried this with your firewall off, please confirm.
                6/ Anything special in your setup I should know off?


                Thanks,

                Dirk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Agwan View Post
                  Still not working. I noticed now that when I start playing in plugin, music starts but plugin does not notice. When pressing again, music stops, but plugin notes that music has started. And from then it is inverted. Stopping in plugin starts music and so on.

                  I attached a log from this.
                  Not sure there is a need to answer my questions. I believe the problem is my PI and the use of international character set in the song title info. I just posted version .028 in the BETA section of the updater. Could you try it and let me know if it works. If not, can you take a trace again, same thing debug and superdebug on.
                  Dirk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Initial testing sais it is working now. Ill get back if I find anything more.

                    Thanks for that (for me) very important fix. And great work with the plugin! It is a major part of my home automation system.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X