Sonos voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos voice

Hi, I've installed the sonos plugin hours ago.
    I have a problem:
    There is a German sapi5 voice named "Steffi" installed on my HS3 machine.
    My HS speaker client is set to German voice "Steffi" and my PC's sound card plays this voice.
    If I run a HS event to SONOS speak my Sonos doesn't speak the voice "Steffi" - it speaks another voice with English accent.
    Is there a possibility to change the Sonos plugin settings to let SONOS the voice "Steffi" ?

Fischi

do a search on this forum. Plenty of postings on how and issues. I think first and foremost if this is a 64 bit versus 32 bit voice, I think it won't work with HS. Other than that you can embed SAPI tags in your speak command, just browse this forum.

Comment

That is odd. Sonos should use the same voices as the built in speaker client. There have been several people who were selecting 64-bit voices via the default Windows 10 SAPI control panel, where HS3 uses 32-bit voices. I wrote about it here. If yours is actually peaking in a different voice over Sonos, than from the HomeSeer speaker client, I don't know how that can happen.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        do a search on this forum. Plenty of postings on how and issues. I think first and foremost if this is a 64 bit versus 32 bit voice, I think it won't work with HS. Other than that you can embed SAPI tags in your speak command, just browse this forum.
        Dirk,
        can you give me an example for embedding sapi tags into a speak something event ?

Comment

The speaker client settings have no effect on the Sonos plugin. The default voice used by the Sonos plugin is the default voice (32-bit) set in Windows on the machine running HS3. To set this, on the machine running HS3:

Open Windows Start Menu, scroll to bottom of list, click 'Windows System' then 'Control Panel'.
          Select 'Ease of Access' then 'Speech Recognition'
          On the left side select 'Text to Speech'. Speech Properties pane opens
          Under voice selection, choose the voice you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post

Dirk,
            can you give me an example for embedding sapi tags into a speak something event ?
            Here you go:

<voice required="name = Microsoft David Desktop">The house lights will turn off in ten minutes

<voice required='name = Microsoft David Desktop'>Hey<silence msec='1500'/>Daddy is home

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Here you go:

<voice required="name = Microsoft David Desktop">The house lights will turn off in ten minutes

<voice required='name = Microsoft David Desktop'>Hey<silence msec='1500'/>Daddy is home
              Thanks, this works,
              Is there a tag for the speak speed and the volume ?

Regards,
              Fischi

Comment

There are tags, but they all don’t work in HomeSeer.

https://supportdesk.win911.com/suppo...text-to-speech

Comment

Today I've ordered and installed a sapi5 voice from Cereproc named "Alex" (not Alexa :-)
                  This is running very good without the tags.
                  Also using replacement variables is running very good.
                  Fischi

Comment

Working...
                  X