sonos speak replacement variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sonos speak replacement variables

Hi, I want my sonos to speak the day of the week, time 24h format, and the date used in Germany : day/month.
    Is this possible and how to do this ?

Best regards,
    Fischi

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
    Hi, I want my sonos to speak the day of the week, time 24h format, and the date used in Germany : day/month.
    Is this possible and how to do this ?

Best regards,
    Fischi
    search this forum for replacement variables such as $time $date

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

search this forum for replacement variables such as $time $date
      There is only a 12 h format for $time and $date is in another order as day/month.
      I think only scripts can change it but I'm not good in scripting. :-(
      Fischi

Comment

I've found a solution by scripting and putting the time (24h format) -> weekday ->date (format dd.MM.yyyy) -> outdoor temperature into device strings of different HS devices.
        Then I let sonos say every morning : Guten Morgen, es ist $$DTR:1662:<silence msec='1500'/>heute ist $$DTR:1663: der $$DTR:1664:<silence msec='1500'/>die Aussentemperatur beträgt $$DVA:/2TH/temp: °
        This is running very fine !!
        Thanks for all,
        Fischi

Comment

I also use some virtual devices for speech. I have a greeting device that is populated with “Good Morning”, “Good Afternoon” and “Good Evening” at the appropriate times to use in any announcements. That way my time and other announcements have the proper salutation at the beginning.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I also use some virtual devices for speech. I have a greeting device that is populated with “Good Morning”, “Good Afternoon” and “Good Evening” at the appropriate times to use in any announcements. That way my time and other announcements have the proper salutation at the beginning.
            Randy,
            this is also a cool thing to store Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Evening as device string in a virtual device depending on the time of the day.
            I'm shure there are still other cool possibilities.
            Regards,
            Fischi

Comment

Working...
            X