Sonos Plug in not fully functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Plug in not fully functional

I haven't been using the Sonos plug in much recently. It has worked intermittently for me of late.

I am running ver. 3.0.0.21. When I try to update to 3.1.0.26 it fails, with a message of "Install/Update of package Sonos failed."

I wonder if my issue is the version and if the newer one would fix my issue.

At any rate, I do not have control of many of my zones. When I look at the PI config, most show offline (some actually are). My two subs show as online.

In the PI config, the online players show offline and do not have IPs or MACs listed.

PI player control, the control does not work, but is is up to date status with the Sonos system, IE play/pause or mute on/off and track info is up to date and tracks changes made in the Sonos world, but will control the device.

Any ideas how to get the PI to control the sonos again?

Any ideas how to get the newest PI to install?

Thanks.

In the player table below, the players with IPs/MACs are all offline. The others are all online and functioning in Sonos. Their status updates in HS, but HS player interface and events will not control them.
    Attached Files

Comment

To install, try disabling the plug-in first, then update. Most control issue are firewall related. First try disabling the firewall. If that fixes it, just add an exception; for tye plug-in. The plug-in is working very well here with 14 speakers.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

This is from the cmd window on my HS machine:

12/26/2018 1:39:01 PM : ERROR in FindZonePlayers while getting ZoneInfo with Err
        or = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
        12/26/2018 1:39:01 PM : DirectConnect called for Zone 14 MBR TV with device name
        = uuid:RINCON_000E58B0042701400 and Model = S9
        12/26/2018 1:39:01 PM : ERROR in FindZonePlayers while getting ZoneInfo with Err
        or = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500
        12/26/2018 1:39:01 PM : DirectConnect called for Zone 14 MBR TV with device name
        = uuid:RINCON_B8E9375D7DF401400 and Model = S1
        12/26/2018 1:39:02 PM : Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = 14 MBR TV. Some
        crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          To install, try disabling the plug-in first, then update. Most control issue are firewall related. First try disabling the firewall. If that fixes it, just add an exception; for tye plug-in. The plug-in is working very well here with 14 speakers.
          Thanks, will try this. These are all on the same network segment, shouldn't be transversing the firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post

Thanks, will try this. These are all on the same network segment, shouldn't be transversing the firewall.
            They have to get through the firewall on the HS server to the HSPI_Sonos.exe and from the exe to the clients. If you are running a firewall on your HS3 server, try disabling it.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

To install, try disabling the plug-in first, then update.
              Thanks for this. This allowed it to update and all is working now after the update!

Comment

They have to get through the firewall on the HS server to the HSPI_Sonos.exe and from the exe to the clients. If you are running a firewall on your HS3 server, try disabling it.
                I don't think I am running firewall on my HS server. I was thinking about the firewall on my router. At any rate, after updating the PI, all is good again.

Comment

One note on this. I had a similar issue. Sonos PI showed active and 'OK', but I had a Windows Defender pop-up open on my HS3 Server. NOTHING from that point on worked correctly AFA Sonos was concerned. Dis-abled the PI, and had to manually delete the Sonos PI, folders, HTM files. .ini file from the root HS3 folder. Not tough, but until I did that, then re-installed the program and let it find all my Sonos gear, it wouldn't work properly. It red-herring'ed me into thinking it just needed an update of the PI, but the update would fail half way through and never give me a 'Sonos plugin update successful' message.
                  So I think if any flavor of Windows Defender touches your Sonos PI install, it can get bad quickly. Luckily the process for deleting all those files is pretty simple. FWIW. And that Club Chapin guy is awesome BTW.

Comment

Working...
                  X