No announcement yet.

Sonos plugin Freezes Device Update along certain paths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very informative stuff in the log files. When I call up the specific podcast that causes the plugin to "Freeze", the PI stops issuing TransportChangeCallBack routines for that plugin until I select a song which un-"Freezes" the plugin. During a freeze state, it will occasionally issue a TransportChangeCallback for the wrong Sonos device (the first one), even if the status of the first Sonos device is "stopped" and it's not streaming.

I tried seeing if everything would work correctly on the first Sonos by calling up the offending Podcast on that Sonos Connect, but the outcome had a similar effect of no TransportChangeCallbacks in the log, only an occasional one would be called until the Sonos device un-"Froze"

I'm going to re-install everything, and re-test. Is there a series of files I can delete to assure myself I'm not re-installing something corrupt?

Comment

Originally posted by xs10shl View Post
      Very informative stuff in the log files. When I call up the specific podcast that causes the plugin to "Freeze", the PI stops issuing TransportChangeCallBack routines for that plugin until I select a song which un-"Freezes" the plugin. During a freeze state, it will occasionally issue a TransportChangeCallback for the wrong Sonos device (the first one), even if the status of the first Sonos device is "stopped" and it's not streaming.

I tried seeing if everything would work correctly on the first Sonos by calling up the offending Podcast on that Sonos Connect, but the outcome had a similar effect of no TransportChangeCallbacks in the log, only an occasional one would be called until the Sonos device un-"Froze"

I'm going to re-install everything, and re-test. Is there a series of files I can delete to assure myself I'm not re-installing something corrupt?
      If you think something got corrupted, stop HS, delete the sonos.ini file (<hsroot>\config) and restart HS. This will delete SONOS devices and recreate.

Comment

Originally posted by xs10shl View Post

So transportchangecallbacks only get invoked when different info is received by the PI. So now that you have a simple way to look at log and use filters, if you have the logging to disk on, now do two things:
        a/ using the filtered log, post it here and explain what you did exactly when that log entry appeared
        b/ attach the full log, so now I can correlate the timestamps and explanation with all the caught in the full log.

I do suspect that the "offending" podcast may have some specific info in the meta data that cause issues, we just need to figure out what it is.

Dirk

Comment

Went back to look at the log you posted that had all the superdebug info in it. It did spot an issue, which made me think I solved something similar recently, which made me look it up, pointed to version .28, you have .26, dumbfounded why .28 wasn't in the updater eventhough everything looked asif I had posted it ........
          So .....
          Go to the beta section of the updater and install version .28 and see if that makes it any better. If not do the debug+superdebug on the tracks that are "offending" and post log.
          Dirk

Comment

.28 looks like a promising fix! I'll thrash on it for a few days, and make sure it solves all the symptoms. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X