Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay updating device status (play, puse, current track, mute state...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay updating device status (play, puse, current track, mute state...)

Hi,

First of all, congrats and thank you to the developer for such a great plugin. It's amazing the capabilities of the plugin and for free...seriously, thanks.

I have the plugin working pretty fine, with 5 zones (4 amps and 1 connect). The control is almost instantaneous, like pressing play takes less than a seccond to resume the music, or change the volume and what not... but the status update takes a lot of time, for instance when y press play, the status change takes like 10 seconds, sometimes 5, sometimes more... is inconsistent.

Is this suposed to be the normal behaviour of the plugin? Is there a way to reduce the status update time?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Alejandro View Post
    Hi,

First of all, congrats and thank you to the developer for such a great plugin. It's amazing the capabilities of the plugin and for free...seriously, thanks.

I have the plugin working pretty fine, with 5 zones (4 amps and 1 connect). The control is almost instantaneous, like pressing play takes less than a seccond to resume the music, or change the volume and what not... but the status update takes a lot of time, for instance when y press play, the status change takes like 10 seconds, sometimes 5, sometimes more... is inconsistent.

Is this suposed to be the normal behaviour of the plugin? Is there a way to reduce the status update time?

Thanks.
    Where do you “see” the status update? Do you gauge it by looking at the HS webpages or something else (example events). The browser is updating at a periodicity of some seconds, so the delay could be there. If not take trace with debug log on.
    Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Where do you “see” the status update? Do you gauge it by looking at the HS webpages or something else (example events). The browser is updating at a periodicity of some seconds, so the delay could be there. If not take trace with debug log on.
      Dirk
      I see the delay in the logs. Also I have the play/pause status to trigger an event, and the triggering is delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro View Post

I see the delay in the logs. Also I have the play/pause status to trigger an event, and the triggering is delayed.
        can you post the log ...
        What platform are you running this on? Memory? CPU? Speed? Firewall?
        What is your network like? Wireless/Wired? GE/MBps? Perhaps packet loss? Bad cables, too long cable....

Comment

Working...
        X