Sonos error on restart of HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos error on restart of HS3

If I restart my HS3 the Sonos plugin throws an error and devices are not controllable. If I stop and restart the Sonos Plugin then devices work but I get an IP address warning.

Error on restart of HS3:
    Initializing plug-in(2): Sonos Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object Service Version: NO_VERSIONSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in :0

Warning after re-initializing plugin:
    Warning in InitIO for Instance = received (10.0.1.151), which is a different IP adress from it's server binding ()

that is the DHCP IP address for the HS3.
    HS3 .484
    Mono 5.18
    Sonos .28

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
    If I restart my HS3 the Sonos plugin throws an error and devices are not controllable. If I stop and restart the Sonos Plugin then devices work but I get an IP address warning.

Error on restart of HS3:
    Initializing plug-in(2): Sonos Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object Service Version: NO_VERSIONSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in :0

Warning after re-initializing plugin:
    Warning in InitIO for Instance = received (10.0.1.151), which is a different IP adress from it's server binding ()

that is the DHCP IP address for the HS3.
    HS3 .484
    Mono 5.18
    Sonos .28

No idea. Maybe a MONO install issue? Perhaps repost in the Linux/Mono thread where Linux experts can weigh in.

Comment

Is this running in a VM ? I added this warning more recently to indicate that the IP address, passed on from HS to the IP, is not the right one. I do see you are on HS version .484, I believe Rich from HS did fix this in one of the recent HS3 betas. What is your setting on the HS network binding? Per this log, it seem not set at all.

So thinking about your issue, I'm now suspecting that a non-caught exception during InitIO is causing the error; what I don't know is, what is causing it. Can you first of all set the network binding to (no binding) and see if it still happens.Secondly can you turn the PI's debug flag on, and capture a full trace at init.

Dirk

Comment

No this is not in a VM, It is running on a SEL and it is already at no binding. I will do the trace.
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML

Comment

Log files sent via PM. After a reboot of the HS3 SEL, it takes two disable/enable cycles of the Sonos plugin to get it working.

Comment

Log files sent via PM. After a reboot of the HS3 SEL, it takes two disable/enable cycles of the Sonos plugin to get it working.
            I see the notification in my PM but I see no attachments.
            One other thing to look at, check how the "load PIs in the background" is set. You can find it at tools->setup->labs
            The reason I'm thinking about this is because it would be the only thing different between restarting HS compared to restarting (only) the PI. I know Rich has been making some changes to default it to off, which I interpret as "there were some issues with it".
            Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

I see the notification in my PM but I see no attachments.
              One other thing to look at, check how the "load PIs in the background" is set. You can find it at tools->setup->labs
              The reason I'm thinking about this is because it would be the only thing different between restarting HS compared to restarting (only) the PI. I know Rich has been making some changes to default it to off, which I interpret as "there were some issues with it".
              Dirk
              There are definitely some issues with it, some calls to HS were failing (like getting an enumerator or registering a web page) but not consistently so he turned it off until he finds the root cause of all. I saw the issues with multiple plugins (not mine ironically), and Rich turned it off as a result

Comment

Success but in reverse. It was off, so I thought might as well try. I turned on load in the background and it worked. rebooted and loaded without errors and everything works.

Comment

I did send the previous logs in case you still wanted to look at it.

Comment

I did send the previous logs in case you still wanted to look at it.
                    Looked at log but there is no clue as to what is going wrong. The fact the the pre-load has something to do with it, I'd say that's where the problem is and feels more of a HS kind a problem.
                    Curious why you are on 484 which isn't what seems to be posted as latest "approved" beta. Are you sure you are not picking up a load that isn't supposed to be used?

Comment

I think it's "approved" I just picked it from my setup page???

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beta.png
Views:	140
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1273911

Comment

I think it's "approved" I just picked it from my setup page???

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beta.png
Views:	140
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1273911
                        Oh I see, all very confusing (to me). Didn't know there was (yet another) version/mechanism for SEL device, I quickly looked at the beta release notes here (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...s-and-download) and didn't see it. There is also no official version for Windows based setups so I assumed 478 was the latest.
                        What does the "more info" link show to be the difference between 478 and 484? I do know (and seen it from your screenshot), that there is now this little "red X" button on the PI management page to remove a multipleInstanceSingeleEXE kind of PIs that Rich added.

Comment

No Help, it goes to that page for 478 that states at the bottom of the page to install 478 on a SEL use the setup page, So I'm stuck in a loop

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

....I do know (and seen it from your screenshot), that there is now this little "red X" button on the PI management page to remove a multipleInstanceSingeleEXE kind of PIs that Rich added.
                            One of the Plug-ins I tried also had green + below red X to add another instance or maybe a child. I think it was Blades ring app IIRC.

Comment

I just updated to 489 to get debugging code for Event Registration Q full messages. Now getting what looks like the same issue:
                              Initializing plug-in(2): Sonos Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Service Version: NO_VERSIONSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                              tenholde

Comment

Working...
                              X