plugin becomes unresponsive after a while on 3.0.0.500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plugin becomes unresponsive after a while on 3.0.0.500

I should start by saying I have had rock solid performance of the plugin the past several months with no issues at all.

I updated HS to 3.0.0.500 and have noticed that the plugin becomes completely unresponsive after about a day or so. I can't control any of the Sonos units from the plugin and the Sonos devices don't update when I use the Sonos controller from my phone or computer. If I disable the plugin and re-enable it, nothing changes. I have to restart Homeseer before everything comes back to normal. I searched the log and didn't find anything in there.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I have looked at PerMon and CPU and Memory and Handle utilization seems steady over the past day.

Any suggestions?

I updated to 3.0.0.500 last Friday evening and Sonos has remained solid with no issues at all.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
      I should start by saying I have had rock solid performance of the plugin the past several months with no issues at all.

I updated HS to 3.0.0.500 and have noticed that the plugin becomes completely unresponsive after about a day or so. I can't control any of the Sonos units from the plugin and the Sonos devices don't update when I use the Sonos controller from my phone or computer. If I disable the plugin and re-enable it, nothing changes. I have to restart Homeseer before everything comes back to normal. I searched the log and didn't find anything in there.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I have looked at PerMon and CPU and Memory and Handle utilization seems steady over the past day.

Any suggestions?
      Is this windows or Linux? If windows, check your firewall settings. Don't delete any Sonos devices from the HS device management page because then you will cause inconsistencies between the HS database and the pi's .ini file.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Is this windows or Linux? If windows, check your firewall settings. Don't delete any Sonos devices from the HS device management page because then you will cause inconsistencies between the HS database and the pi's .ini file.
        This is on a windows 7 box. I checked the firewall settings and HSPI_Sonos.exe is allowed under all inbound and outbound connections. Nothing changed there from before.

If this happens again, which debug flag would you want me to enable?

Comment

This is on a windows 7 box. I checked the firewall settings and HSPI_Sonos.exe is allowed under all inbound and outbound connections. Nothing changed there from before.

If this happens again, which debug flag would you want me to enable?
          Just regular debug flag but I'm concerned that setting debug WHEN it already happened might not show anything. Suggest you set the debug flag and leave it on for now. Start with a restart of HS and check for any error in the log at start-up, then let is run. I upgraded a few days ago to 500 and haven't seen anything either. I have to admit that the description isn't necessarily pointing the a firewall but it has many of the hallmarks of it (no status update). The other thing I'd do, is to monitor other PIs, perhaps what you see with Sonos is just a result of a problem caused somewhere totally different and which could be related to changes in .500
          Last question, did you recently update the sonos PI? Which version are you running? I have seen firewalls that need re-allowance when the version of an executable changes!

Dirk

Comment

Just regular debug flag but I'm concerned that setting debug WHEN it already happened might not show anything. Suggest you set the debug flag and leave it on for now. Start with a restart of HS and check for any error in the log at start-up, then let is run. I upgraded a few days ago to 500 and haven't seen anything either. I have to admit that the description isn't necessarily pointing the a firewall but it has many of the hallmarks of it (no status update). The other thing I'd do, is to monitor other PIs, perhaps what you see with Sonos is just a result of a problem caused somewhere totally different and which could be related to changes in .500
            Last question, did you recently update the sonos PI? Which version are you running? I have seen firewalls that need re-allowance when the version of an executable changes!

Dirk
            I've been running Sonos 3.1.0.28 for a while now . You're right I had to delete my old Sonos firewall rules and add new ones with the newer version of HSPI_Sonos.exe for things to work correctly, but that was a while ago and all was working well up until the 3.0.0.500 update. Actually was wondering if I needed to do that with HS3 but hadn't tried it yet.

I'll keep an eye on other plugins. There was one time ADIO plugin might have stopped working but Im not sure.

Will start debug flag and restart and let you know what happens.

Comment

Did get this warning on Startup.
              Feb-06 10:21:10 AM Sonos Warning Warning in InitIO for Instance = received (192.168.0.97), which is a different IP adress from it's server binding ()

Comment

Did get this warning on Startup.
                Feb-06 10:21:10 AM Sonos Warning Warning in InitIO for Instance = received (192.168.0.97), which is a different IP adress from it's server binding ()
                Unless 192.168.0.97 is the wrong IP address of HS, this warning is benign. I should actually remove it because it was something HS fixed in version 479 or so, caused some issues in 485 (or so) and seem to be OK for .500

Comment

Wondering if you had any progress on this? I've had similar issue. Historically I've had rock solid performance from the Sonos PI. In the last while (maybe last month or two, not sure?) I've started noticing relatively often that the Sonos PI would stop working. I would have to restart Homeseer (or just reboot the box) for it to work again. I am indeed also running 3.0.0.500. I'm not sure when I upgraded, and am not confident that the timing of the upgrade coincides with the issues, but it is possible that they're related.

It's frustrating because I have automated setups that play guided meditations and set white noise for my kids at bedtime, and they've worked flawlessly up until recently. Now adays I'm payiing closer attention to if they fire correctly, and if not I give homeseer a bounce to fix....

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                    Wondering if you had any progress on this? I've had similar issue. Historically I've had rock solid performance from the Sonos PI. In the last while (maybe last month or two, not sure?) I've started noticing relatively often that the Sonos PI would stop working. I would have to restart Homeseer (or just reboot the box) for it to work again. I am indeed also running 3.0.0.500. I'm not sure when I upgraded, and am not confident that the timing of the upgrade coincides with the issues, but it is possible that they're related.

It's frustrating because I have automated setups that play guided meditations and set white noise for my kids at bedtime, and they've worked flawlessly up until recently. Now adays I'm payiing closer attention to if they fire correctly, and if not I give homeseer a bounce to fix....

Paul
                    When it happens, turn log to disk on, turn debug flag on, superdebug on, log upnp to verbose, now do some things like change a song using the Sonos controller or click on some device buttons -> play/pause. Turn all logging off, post the log file, including your sonos.ini file and screenshots of the player table AND the table you get when you click on "view Sonos Devices". Also tell me what you did for which player so I can try to correlate what you were trying to do and what I might see (or not) in the log files.
                    I'm on HS 505, I'll leave mine running and see if anything happens after a number of days. Perhaps you want to update HS to latest ...

Dirk

Comment

When it happens, turn log to disk on, turn debug flag on, superdebug on, log upnp to verbose, now do some things like change a song using the Sonos controller or click on some device buttons -> play/pause. Turn all logging off, post the log file, including your sonos.ini file and screenshots of the player table AND the table you get when you click on "view Sonos Devices". Also tell me what you did for which player so I can try to correlate what you were trying to do and what I might see (or not) in the log files.
                      I'm on HS 505, I'll leave mine running and see if anything happens after a number of days. Perhaps you want to update HS to latest ...

Dirk
                      Both good ideas. In the interest of root cause analysis I'll leave it at 500 for now while doing the troubleshooting, and if we don't have luck with that I'll update to latest after.....

Comment

most of my issues went away when updating to .523.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...09#post1296109

Comment

Working...
                        X