Event not able to determine if Sonos is Playing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    The event as it was originally has been working fine for quite some time until a few days ago.
    Have you tried restarting HS3? I know it seems obvious but many times this initial troubleshooting step gets overlooked. I have found that when things all of a sudden start working differently than usual, when no changes have been made, a simple restart often times resolves the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Look at my original event in Post #1, I believe that is what I used to begin with. The event as it was originally has been working fine for quite some time until a few days ago. The issue is the player would stop playing and then start playing again. I first thought it may have been a buffering issue but when I saw that the event kept triggering with every motion trigger I started there. None of the other Sonos speakers have buffering issues and the one in the Master bedroom is within 8 feet of the AP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I believe I have been focusing on the wrong issue ... Just changed my test to use device status and seems to work OK.
      Gotta run now but if you could confirm the trace you posted had the issue captured I can look at it again .... or .... you take a trace only when it happened and post that.
      Typically, I have made events that tend to have some "consistency" check added , say when motion for more than x seconds. It depends a bit on which sensor you have been using and how well you can trust it not to "bounce" .... I had a garage door opening sensor which would generate a bunch of on-off-on-off events before settling.
      Do also check your other events, recently a very similar issue was posted which (after posting a log) showed that one event triggered another and therefore interrupted, in this case, the TTS announcement, paired or linked players tend to be the culprit here ...

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Have you tried restarting HS3? I know it seems obvious but many times this initial troubleshooting step gets overlooked. I have found that when things all of a sudden start working differently than usual, when no changes have been made, a simple restart often times resolves the issue.
        Yes I did that a few minutes ago....I agree this is always a good idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Working...
        X