Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event not able to determine if Sonos is Playing

Hi Dirk,
    I have created the below event to turn on Sonos in our master bedroom in the morning when there is motion within a specific time. The event seems to keep triggering every time there is motion. I have a condition in the event to prevent it from triggering at every motion trigger "AND IF Sonos Master Bedroom State has a value that is not equal to Playing" but it isn't working. We recently noticed that the music would keep pausing for a second and then start the music again, which is why I noticed this issue. The State device does show that the Master Bedroom is Playing so I'm not sure why it would keep triggering.

Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	255
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1292352
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Hi Dirk,
    I have created the below event to turn on Sonos in our master bedroom in the morning when there is motion within a specific time. The event seems to keep triggering every time there is motion. I have a condition in the event to prevent it from triggering at every motion trigger "AND IF Sonos Master Bedroom State has a value that is not equal to Playing" but it isn't working. We recently noticed that the music would keep pausing for a second and then start the music again, which is why I noticed this issue. The State device does show that the Master Bedroom is Playing so I'm not sure why it would keep triggering.

Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	255
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1292352
    can you take a debug log?

Comment

The Profit
      I received your PM.

I don't see any calls from HS on "TriggerTrue" function. The log just showed HS telling the PI to play and set volume.

Comment

Just did a quick test, it seems to work as it should on my system but I didn't try 6 "IF" statements. How did you test this? Did you manually run the event or went into the bathroom and caused motion? If I run this event manually, it seem to skip any conditions and just executes the action. If I do a real test, it works as designed.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Just did a quick test, it seems to work as it should on my system but I didn't try 6 "IF" statements. How did you test this? Did you manually run the event or went into the bathroom and caused motion? If I run this event manually, it seem to skip any conditions and just executes the action. If I do a real test, it works as designed.
          If I triggered it manually it would have ignored all of the triggers and conditions that I had in the event so I enabled the event before we started our day so that it would trigger the event via motion. I took a look at the text file that I sent, I see where it is setting the station and volume but it is doing that every couple of minutes isn’t it?

I could send you my HS logs where it shows that the event is triggering, would that help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Plugin's:

Comment

I could send you my HS logs where it shows that the event is triggering, would that help?

yes that would help :-)

Is the "master bathroom" player by any chance paired or grouped with other players?
            If you go to the HS device page, is the state of the player correct before you create motion in the Bathroom and the event (wrongly) fires?

Comment

yes that would help :-)

Is the "master bathroom" player by any chance paired or grouped with other players?
              If you go to the HS device page, is the state of the player correct before you create motion in the Bathroom and the event (wrongly) fires?
              Here is the HS3 Log.

First thing in the morning everything starts off with just this event turning on the Master Bathroom Sonos, all of the other Sonos speakers are off. The only other event that I have that could turn on another Sonos occurs on Wed morning but it shouldn't have affected this test as we did it this morning. The state of the player shows "Stopped" when this event triggers and I have checked it after it has already triggered and it does show "Playing" in the State device. Could I be using an incorrect condition for the device?

Attached Files
              Plugin's:

Comment

What player do you have in the master bathroom and is it paired?

Comment

What player do you have in the master bathroom and is it paired?
                  The Sonos speaker that I have in there is a Sonos Play 3 I believe. It’s the middle sized speaker that they have recently discontinued. It is a solo speaker in the room. I don’t have any speakers that are paired in the house.

Plugin's:

Comment

Here is the HS3 Log.

First thing in the morning everything starts off with just this event turning on the Master Bathroom Sonos, all of the other Sonos speakers are off. The only other event that I have that could turn on another Sonos occurs on Wed morning but it shouldn't have affected this test as we did it this morning. The state of the player shows "Stopped" when this event triggers and I have checked it after it has already triggered and it does show "Playing" in the State device. Could I be using an incorrect condition for the device?
                    Same deal in this log .... HS is not querying the PI for the state of the player, it just executes the action ..... So it is not that the PI is returning the wrong answer to the "isnotPlaying" query ... it is not queried at all.

Oh, I think I just saw the problem. You are comparing the HS DEVICE state to not playing, use the "Sonos Condition" = isnotPlaying. have to admit, it should work with using the HS device but perhaps you need to compare it against "Play" instead of "Playing", not sure myself, my recommendation, change it to a Sonos Condition and it should work.

Comment

Same deal in this log .... HS is not querying the PI for the state of the player, it just executes the action ..... So it is not that the PI is returning the wrong answer to the "isnotPlaying" query ... it is not queried at all.

Oh, I think I just saw the problem. You are comparing the HS DEVICE state to not playing, use the "Sonos Condition" = isnotPlaying. have to admit, it should work with using the HS device but perhaps you need to compare it against "Play" instead of "Playing", not sure myself, my recommendation, change it to a Sonos Condition and it should work.
                      Just followed my own advice; you definitely can't set it to "Play", just tried that. It all looks OK but when in the HS device management page, and I click on the hyperlinked "State" device, select the "Advanced" tab, I see the Status as "1=Dim" and Value "1 = Playing", I wonder whether the problem is there to be found. Why wouldn't it show "Status : 1 = Playing" ????

Comment

When you setup your test event, which condition did you use? The Sonos Condition with “isnotPlaying” or the HS device and “Play”?

I will give the Sonos condition a try first, it seems to me that if it’s using your PI conditions it’s most likely to work. I’ll try using the HS Device against “Play” afterwords.....just for “Fun”. :-)

Plugin's:

Comment

Just followed my own advice; you definitely can't set it to "Play", just tried that. It all looks OK but when in the HS device management page, and I click on the hyperlinked "State" device, select the "Advanced" tab, I see the Status as "1=Dim" and Value "1 = Playing", I wonder whether the problem is there to be found. Why wouldn't it show "Status : 1 = Playing" ????
                          My player is currently Stopped and shows the same Status:

Value 2 = “Stopped”

Plugin's:

Comment

You should have State not equal Playing rather than Play ... Playing is a status value while Play is control value. Click image for larger version  Name:	Sonos State.PNG Views:	1 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	1292657

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                              You should change to State not equal Playing rather than Play ... Playing is a status value while Play is control value. Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonos State.PNG
Views:	222
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	1292657
                              Look at my original event in Post #1, I believe that is what I used to begin with. The event as it was originally has been working fine for quite some time until a few days ago. The issue is the player would stop playing and then start playing again. I first thought it may have been a buffering issue but when I saw that the event kept triggering with every motion trigger I started there. None of the other Sonos speakers have buffering issues and the one in the Master bedroom is within 8 feet of the AP.

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                              X